DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Personally strongest 11 at the moment for me is

Roos

Bogle.      Keogh.             Evans.        Malone 

Huddlestone 

Shinnie.                       Dowell

Bennett.            Waghorn.              Lawrence 

Same for me, although may be different if Marriott and Holmes were fit.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Anna said:

Heading down Sunday morning, returning on Monday. Looking forward to it!!

Where are the best drinking locations pre and post match?

100% go to the Louden tavern across from the ibrox underground

Derby fans will be more than welcome and has a massive beer garden even if it’s pissing down it gets covered.

Loads of Rangers bars on PRW but get off at kinning park 

.Grapes,blue star,orange halls,union bar,NN10,viceroy,the district,belrock.

If you have kids head for the Wee Rangers club 

it’s a 2 minute walk to the Derby end and it’s right next to where the away buses park good big bar plays the tunes and brilliant function room downstairs  or if you want to see a flute band head for the orange halls cheap drink and a local band will be playing.

Enjoy

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can't bloody wait for this one. Travelling up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning, trying to finish off an essay whilst getting on the alcoholic ribena. Out on the piss in Glasgow on the Saturday evening with @Topram, a fry up on the Sunday morning and back at it pre-match. Then a late night trip back home before catching the train to London the following morning to begin my travels round France.

Saturday is all about streetrave at SWG3 mate 

It’ll be absalutely jumping.

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can't bloody wait for this one. Travelling up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning, trying to finish off an essay whilst getting on the alcoholic ribena. Out on the piss in Glasgow on the Saturday evening with @Topram, a fry up on the Sunday morning and back at it pre-match. Then a late night trip back home before catching the train to London the following morning to begin my travels round France.

Can’t wait bud ??

8 hours ago, David said:

Pretty sure this will be the starting line up or close to it for Rangers and Huddersfield

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Evans   Malone

Huddlestone

Dowell   Shinnie

Jozefzoon   Waghorn   Lawrence

Bench Mitchell, Davies, Sibley, Knight, Holmes, Bennett, Marriott

To be honest I would be fairly happy with that, with the addition of a couple of loans which I'm sure will come before the window closes and the big clubs make a decision on who can go out.

I know people will say we haven't replaced the outgoings, but I look at it now as Evans replacing Tomori at the back, Dowell for Mount, Shinnie for Johnson, Knight and Sibley for Bryson which only really leaves Wilson that needs the gap filling, I mean IF we could bring him back that would be perfect, a little surprised Sheff United haven't made a move for him.

Wage bill reduced, no big summer spend, this will only position Cocu better for the January window where he will have time to time to perhaps find a gem or two from his homeland on the cheap if needed.

Bennett in for Jozefzoon against Rangers and Huddersield. There's also a very strong case for Lowe over Malone against Huddersfield (not Rangers due to playing most of the game last night).

Your bench looks unbalanced. I'd expect 1 GK, 2 Def, 2 Mid, 1 W, 1 CF - Mitchell, Davies, Malone/Lowe, Bird, Knight/Sibley (Holmes may not be fit enough to play), Jozefzoon/Bennett, Martin/Marriott

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bennett in for Jozefzoon against Rangers and Huddersield. There's also a very strong case for Lowe over Malone against Huddersfield (not Rangers due to playing most of the game last night).

Your bench looks unbalanced. I'd expect 1 GK, 2 Def, 2 Mid, 1 W, 1 CF - Mitchell, Davies, Malone/Lowe, Bird, Knight/Sibley (Holmes may not be fit enough to play), Jozefzoon/Bennett, Martin/Marriott

Wouldn’t say it’s that unbalanced, I was working with what we have rather than including hypothetical signings.

Never been a fan of loading the bench with defensive players, most of the time they are only used to replaced injured or knackered players....unless you have a manager that likes to shut up shop after going a goal up.

Great thing about Holmes is that he can cover right back which allows you that extra attacking option that can change the game on the bench. 

Also Shinnie started out as a left back, so if needed we have the option there if Malone has to go off bringing one of either Sibley or Knight on.

For Rangers Cocu has since confirmed most that have been involved will travel to Rangers, so we will have a heavier bench than what we will at Huddersfield. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn’t say it’s that unbalanced, I was working with what we have rather than including hypothetical signings.

Never been a fan of loading the bench with defensive players, most of the time they are only used to replaced injured or knackered players....unless you have a manager that likes to shut up shop after going a goal up.

Great thing about Holmes is that he can cover right back which allows you that extra attacking option that can change the game on the bench. 

Also Shinnie started out as a left back, so if needed we have the option there if Malone has to go off bringing one of either Sibley or Knight on.

For Rangers Cocu has since confirmed most that have been involved will travel to Rangers, so we will have a heavier bench than what we will at Huddersfield. 

3 attacking mids though - Holmes, Sibley and Knight. I doubt you'd bring all three on. It would be better to include Bird as cover for DM in place of one of them

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

3 attacking mids though - Holmes, Sibley and Knight. I doubt you'd bring all three on. It would be better to include Bird as cover for DM in place of one of them

As I said, I’m working with what we have rather than hypothetical players we haven’t signed.

DM you have Evans and Shinnie on the pitch, for me Bird hasn’t really shown what he is capable of this summer so far. In the limited game time Sibley has had I think he’s shown a little more of what he can bring to the team as has Knight.

I could take one out and put Martin on, but would we bring 2 strikers on? That would be a change of system where you could argue we could make similar changes using the midfield options. 

I’m happy with the selection, after sleeping on it I wouldn’t make any changes. 

9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

You're frigging joking man? We need minimum 4 new players, loans or 'permanents' (whatever that even mwans) - a keeper, first choice, a kick ass centre midfielder and are you really fairly happy with Jozefzoon and Lawrence as our two wingers? We need 2 more wingers.

Cocu is here, this could be our season. Mel needs to back him and I think he will.

Couple of loans my arse.

Completely I agree. We're a midtable team at best.

New dominant yet ball playing CB, new AM centre who can work with Dowell, new winger who is a guaranteed 10 Goals, 10 assists and a new GK. We're a weak time with defensive frailties.

The plus point of the season could be Sibley who could be the next 'Will Hughes' for us.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Completely I agree. We're a midtable team at best.

New dominant yet ball playing CB, new AM centre who can work with Dowell, new winger who is a guaranteed 10 Goals, 10 assists and a new GK. We're a weak time with defensive frailties.

The plus point of the season could be Sibley who could be the next 'Will Hughes' for us.

Let's hope we don't get someone as rubbish as Wilson with only 4 assists last season.

Roos
Bogle Keogh Evans Malone
            Huddlestone
       Knight       Dowell
Jozefzoon             Lawrence
               Waghorn

I think that's the side we start with. We need a new CB to replace Evans, another option on the wing, and a more mobile option at CDM.

I'm happy for us to persist with our youngsters for this season, though.

I assume we will play the team expected to start vs Huddersfield, our best team minus the injuries. At the moment I think that is:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Evans Malone

Dowell Huddlestone Sibley

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence

Its harsh on Lowe and Knight, and i wouldn't mind seeing either play instead of Malone and Sibley. I expect all 4 will get minutes. 

Going off this XI and the squad in general, we need a winger and a centre half in before the end of the window as a bare minimum. A Keeper and a central midfielder should be the focus after that. 

Archived