Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

Not sure if Jozefzoon meant to dummy that (thinking someone was there to run onto it) or just missed the control, but decent Derby player almost played him in behind regardless.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jozefzoon puts a smart low ball in from the right, finds Waghorn who lays it off to Lawrence, but he places his shot well wide. Seemed almost caught in two minds with how weak the effort was.

26 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Feel like Shinnie being left out might be down to the rivalry and Cocu might not want to rick him for more than 45 mins or at all. 

He started his career at Rangers, and was a boyhood fan. He'd be itching to start today. 

Good Rangers play down the right leads to the first shot on target in the game, but a comfortable save for Roos.

9 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

He started his career at Rangers, and was a boyhood fan. He'd be itching to start today. 

Yeah this is my point, just suggesting he may be left out due to Cocu perceiving him as a little over eager or he might get targeted leading to a needless injury. 

Long progress-less possession by Derby leads to an overhit ball to Huddz, who miscontrols it and gets pickpocketed - Rangers waste the chance though, shooting straight at Roos.

52 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Is that Jermaine Defoe playing for them? Thought he'd retired if it. The only other one of those I've heard of is Tavernier although that doesnt mean the rest aren't first teamers I just don't care about Scottish football.

What do you mean.....Scottish football is great!!!!

Excellent Rangers play creates a one-on-one for Jones that Roos saves well, moments later Defoe gets a shot off from the edge of the area but again Roos is equal to it.

The movement off the ball in the Rangers half is almost non-existant. Cocu won't be happy with this at all so far.

Archived