Pre Season Friendly v Bristol City

RoyMac5

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bored. I'm out. Can't you just play until the weather comes. I mean the fans are still there, the players are there. Are they worried that they'll be so concentrated on the game that a hurricane will sneak up? Whisk Roos away? 

Plus, now I'm reading a few moans and groans about a friendly. 

Just to put it in perspective. The last game the team had full sessions in the build up and a session before. You can look for any number of things from a friendly. You're asking the players to create angles and formation shapes they've been working on in training for a week. This is just a match situation to try stuff out in. Besides that it's gaining fitness and it gives players something better than drills and playing with their mates. 

Just enjoy the kickabout. Shouldn't be watching it if you're hoping to see signs of us smashing the league. It's the second friendly. Its experimental line ups not fully match sharp and trying new ideas. All you'll see here is a few lads trying to impress and a few who just want to get it over with so they can start the real stuff

2 minutes ago, StevenageRam said:

Does this ever happen in the MLS?

Yes. And the NFL. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers usually have a game a year get suspended due to Lightning.

Anyone we know been interviewed yet?

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you ever experienced a summer thunder and lightening storm in Florida? I thought not.

Agreed, I always thought that it was great watching lightning, until 2 experiences changed my mind. 

First, I was watching blues v spurs in a pre season friendly during a very active lightning storm, whilst a few miles away my friend's son was crossing a metal bridge and was killed, by that same storm. 

Then a couple of years later, lightning blew up our chimney at home causing 1,000s of pounds of damage. 

Nature is a powerful beast, not to be taken lightly. 

Archived