Pre Season Friendly v Bristol City

RoyMac5

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lrm14 said:

Crazy when you think Bogle is still 18, he always looks so composed even under pressure.

his defending needs to improve though , seems to be out of position and sometimes easily beat and seen some of that again tonight  .....also Josezfoon still looks like a bad buy ...only pre season though...in Cocu I trust ...defintely move the ball around well though ....Cocu needs time and hopefully us fans give him that

I'm nt really understanding some of the comments here. I'm seeing plenty to like in te circumstances. We don't seem to have found our shooting boots as yet but there's some good movement and passing. Bristol look sharper but then they ought to really.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

We've played half decent football, a little bit more sharpness and we'd have a goal here.

Several nice little through balls but receiving players just a bit back on their heels. It'll come as they sharper with games. They've a deal been better than I was expecting to be fair.

54 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Hope it's nothing major with Marriott injury wise. Really hope he's not been approached by another team too, we need him this season!

Don't overreact, I'm sure it's something minor like if he plays in a pre season friendly we have to pay Peterborough  £10 billion.

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm nt really understanding some of the comments here. I'm seeing plenty to like in te circumstances. We don't seem to have found our shooting boots as yet but there's some good movement and passing. Bristol look sharper but then they ought to really.

Genuine question.

Have we actually done much more in pre season?

We've played a team that usually struggles in the 9th tier, in a game of 3 30 minute thirds, and Wimbledon.

Not that I'd read anything into a preseason friendly anyway.

BTW, Derby are due 2 penalties in the second half to keep up our record this pre season, 4 given away in 2 games.

As I said earlier, this has done nothing but confirm anyone’s previous bias. 

We’ve had the new signing being absolutely hopeless, Roos being useless, keogh awful, Bogle not being able to defend, jozefzoon rubbish, Lawrence anonymous, Huddlestone ponderous, Davies slow as you like...

take your pick depending on whatever your previous thoughts were. 

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Genuine question.

We've played a team that usually struggles in the 9th tier, in a game of 3 30 minute thirds, and Wimbledon.

We’ve been back like a week less, so yeah, a fair bit. 

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Genuine question.

Didn't you start before us? We started preseason a bit late due to the playoffs.

Archived