Pre Season Friendly v Bristol City

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Seriously no point in even worrying about the game. I'd imagine our side will look a lot different come opening game. 

I'd really hope we don't start at Huddersfield with Roos and Keogh in the team! 

Yeh I hope we dont pick the player of the year.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Genuine question.

Have we actually done much more in pre season?

We've played a team that usually struggles in the 9th tier, in a game of 3 30 minute thirds, and Wimbledon.

We've only played Sarasota so far so you've got the extra game.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Genuine question.

We've played a team that usually struggles in the 9th tier, in a game of 3 30 minute thirds, and Wimbledon.

Think you started training earlier didn’t you? We’ve only been training two weeks and played one game. Does make a big difference. 

Youve also assembled your squad a lot more too tbf. We haven’t really got a midfield yet. Your squad is currently streets ahead of ours and I’d expect you to comfortable finish above us if the season starts now. Luckily for us, it doesn’t. And I’d expect a fair few more signings to come yet.

Genuine question.

We were managerless until the first day of this trip, so yeah, I'd imagine you have done a bit more.

Genuine question, do you lot not have your own forum?

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

As I said earlier, this has done nothing but confirm anyone’s previous bias. 

We’ve had the new signing being absolutely hopeless, Roos being useless, keogh awful, Bogle not being able to defend, jozefzoon rubbish, Lawrence anonymous, Huddlestone ponderous, Davies slow as you like...

take your pick depending on whatever your previous thoughts were. 

Refs had a shocker

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Didn't you start before us? We started preseason a bit late due to the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think you started training earlier didn’t you? We’ve only been training two weeks and played one game. Does make a big difference. 

Youve also assembled your squad a lot more too tbf. We haven’t really got a midfield yet. Your squad is currently streets ahead of ours and I’d expect you to comfortable finish above us if the season starts now. Luckily for us, it doesn’t. And I’d expect a fair few more signings to come yet.

We were back in training on the 27th of June, so about 2 weeks ago

Is a game against a poor 9th tier side where 33 players got 30 minutes that much more?

Squad is basically the same as last season, but Szmodics replacing Palmer and Bentley coming in.

Rowe and Gilmartin are expected to just be cover players.

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We were managerless until the first day of this trip, so yeah, I'd imagine you have done a bit more.

Genuine question, do you lot not have your own forum?

Yes, we do. Is tolerating someone who isn't here to antagonise at all beyond you?

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shinnie is having a total mare here tbf, but it’s one game. Can’t be judging him on that

I’d like to see him playing in the DM position. I’m not sure he’s ever going to great in the more advanced CM role.

Is a game against a poor 9th tier side where 33 players got 30 minutes that much more?

Fair enough, figured we would be a little bit behind. Is worth noting that we have just had a new manager though, so should be expected we would be a little bit behind on signings, style of play etc.

That 9th tier side are probably a lot better than Sarasota to be honest ?

Just now, Andicis said:

Fair enough, figured we would be a little bit behind. Is worth noting that we have just had a new manager though, so should be expected we would be a little bit behind on signings, style of play etc.

Fair enough, new manager is a genuine thing that could play a part.

Nothing to read into a preseason game anyway, let alone a 45 minutes that was disrupted by lightning.

Archived