Chris Martin fitness

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah right, he's U18/23?  - a big bugger already then?

Yeah he is. He's the U18 lad who scored 24 goals and got 15 assists in 28 games.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's Flo. Chris be like, this is how you beat your man sonny!

Is it Flo? He just seems way lankier. Maybe I've just not paid enough attention to FloJo's gait. Think it's Whittaker. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Yeah he is. He's the U18 lad who scored 24 goals and got 15 assists in 28 games.

Great stuff already. Didn't watch much of the u18s, is he skilful or a bit of a bambi ala MacLeod (sp)? Who was the other u18s youngster that scored loads (not Delap)?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Is it Flo? I've watched it multiple times since saying it was Whittaker cos I doubted myself but he looks way lankier than Flo. It's a really blurry shot. 

Was certain it was Flo but just read your earlier post and now I'm not so sure. Think we need VAR to settle this...

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Great stuff already. Didn't watch much of the u18s, is he skilful or a bit of a bambi ala MacLeod (sp)? Who was the other u18s youngster that scored loads (not Delap)?

Wilson and Knight, I think are the next two top scorers.

Would love to see Martin back, the most intelligent striker we have, when we played to his strengths he was always brilliant for us. He wins freekicks in good positions, he holds the ball up well with his back to goal, he will not, however, run around like a headless chicken at aimless punts up to him. In a team that uses the ball well and doesn't just throw it forward, Martin is a great striker.

Strange to think why Chris Martin and George Thorne are amongst the 26 players out in Florida. They obviously want a future with the club, or want to prove Frank wrong. Where Anya did not go out to the States and is also still under contract with the Rams.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Running on guesswork here, but I doubt RamsTV would do an interview with Chrissy unless Cocu plans to keep him this season. Marriott/Waghorn/Martin(when fully fit) could be a pretty decent rotation this year. 

I guess last season Lampard preferred Nugent to Martin and we only had space for one. I wouldn't have any complaints at having our 3 strikers as being Marriott, Waghorn and Martin. Great blend in there. But we should not hold out on Martin being the messiah. 

Martin and Thorne will have gone because people in the club somewhere still see them as having something to offer. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why come on the thread then? He's our player, he's a skilful footballer. He's NEVER bad-mouthed Derby. 

Just because he’s never bad mouthed Derby Roy doesn’t mean you can’t come on here and voice your opinion...this whole “why come on here and comment “ crap annoys me...just because it doesn’t align with your opinion you ask why come on here!?? I’ll tell you why ...because it’s a forum for people to air there views ...for the record I hope Martin does well and gets in the squad but from what I’ve seen of him the last few seasons (and admittedly not in a rams shirt ) he’s not good enough but hope he proves me wrong ....this whole Martin and Thorne thing has been done to death 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Looks like Morgan Whittaker

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's Flo. Chris be like, this is how you beat your man sonny!

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Don't think it's Flo, wrong coloured boots. I'd have guessed Curtis Davies until @SaintRam guess.

@SaintRam wins. 

First glance made me think it was Davies. 100% Whittaker though.

Archived