Chris Martin fitness

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How about we reinvent the wardrobe in the no10 role?

Huddz

holmes         shinnie

Martin

Waghorn        Marriott

Malone and Bogle making wide runs.

More I think of those three up front, better it sounds. Martin dropping deep, Marriott running behind and Waggy, who is simply complete forward, could have a free role. Defensively it's more questionable but Waggy and Marriott would suit high press as well.

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Thanks for your incredibly insightful contribution. It's always good to let the group know how you feel about stuff and that fact you no longer use crayons to do so shows real progress. 

I'm just bored with this never ending topic, I like Chris Martin but let's just leave the debate and see if he can impress Cocu enough to get a chance in the first team - fwiw I think he could still have something to offer despite his last couple of seasons being underwhelming!

Just now, old ilkestonian said:

I'm just bored with this never ending topic, I like Chris Martin but let's just leave the debate and see if he can impress Cocu enough to get a chance in the first team - fwiw I think he could still have something to offer despite his last couple of seasons being underwhelming!

Mate, we're bored too. We're just talking our way to the start of the games... ?

Don’t think I’ve ever waded into the Chris Martin pool yet on this forum(possibly dreading my decision to do so). But I am interested. 

1. Is there any evidence that Chris could recapture form? What evidence could point to a resurgence? 

2. Are their examples of strikers dropping off the grid and bouncing back, down the line? 

My take: I understand the romance of having him come back in and perform, but that can’t be based on anything other then fingers crossed, which is a terrible way to manage a team. Therefore- can’t really expect him to get much of a look by Cocu, unless Martin is somehow banging in 25yard screamers in Florida. Fact of the matter- Chris hasn’t been scoring goals for three years. You can only blame formation/usage for so long.  

coyr

1 minute ago, Hanny said:

Don’t think I’ve ever waded into the Chris Martin pool yet on this forum(possibly dreading my decision to do so). But I am interested. 

1. Is there any evidence that Chris could recapture form? What evidence could point to a resurgence? 

2. Are their examples of strikers dropping off the grid and bouncing back, down the line? 

My take: I understand the romance of having him come back in and perform, but that can’t be based on anything other then fingers crossed, which is a terrible way to manage a team. Therefore- can’t really expect him to get much of a look by Cocu, unless Martin is somehow banging in 25yard screamers in Florida. Fact of the matter- Chris hasn’t been scoring goals for three years. You can only blame formation/usage for so long.  

coyr

Hi Hanny, I'll give my two cents.

1... From what I've heard he's a lot better health wise. We're also moving more towards his ideal formation and style of play so it's possible hit could get 10 goals this season.

2.... Glenn Murray I believe? Earnshaw... He dropped off the grid at Derby then got straight back in form at the pity ground? Waggy has had hot and cold seasons. It's more than possible. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate, we're bored too. We're just talking our way to the start of the games... ?

I can understand that now you've pointed it out thanks but I just get a bit fed up when I see the same almost pointless topics being  constantly regurgitated - it's like if I kept asking at the end of every season if we'd have won the double had Charlie George stayed fit - I think we would by the way!

27 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Hi Hanny, I'll give my two cents.

1... From what I've heard he's a lot better health wise. We're also moving more towards his ideal formation and style of play so it's possible hit could get 10 goals this season.

2.... Glenn Murray I believe? Earnshaw... He dropped off the grid at Derby then got straight back in form at the pity ground? Waggy has had hot and cold seasons. It's more than possible. 

Zaha had a crap time at manure but is the messiah for palace.....

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Forgot what a good interviewee he is - he properly answers questions and doesn’t just give footballer sound bites. Hope he uses those communication skills as a coach and not a pundit when he retires. 

I was thinking the same thing. He speaks well, is clearly intelligent and has a way of playing that can get us goals. He looks fitter than I've ever seen him and the thought of him, Waggy and Marriott just screams goals.

Only downside are his astronomical wages. Grapevine word in Norwich (this is ENTIRELY hearsay, I knew the mum of one of his friends who came through the ranks at Norwich with him... so basically we're best mates right?) is that his last contract was £45k a week. IT could be total baalocks, but would explain why he was permanently shipped out on loan.

16 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I was thinking the same thing. He speaks well, is clearly intelligent and has a way of playing that can get us goals. He looks fitter than I've ever seen him and the thought of him, Waggy and Marriott just screams goals.

Only downside are his astronomical wages. Grapevine word in Norwich (this is ENTIRELY hearsay, I knew the mum of one of his friends who came through the ranks at Norwich with him... so basically we're best mates right?) is that his last contract was £45k a week. IT could be total baalocks, but would explain why he was permanently shipped out on loan.

What is it with that part of the world and gossip mongering? My uncle, who has a season ticket at Norwich and Ipswich, lives alone and has no computer, phone or internet came out with a nonsense story about a certain player connected with our club being banned in every pub in Beccles one Christmas Day.

My theory is the flat terrain allows for gossip to spread without interruption.

Archived