Chris Martin fitness

4 hours ago, David said:

I hope we’re not suggesting playing Marriott out wide to make room for Martin in the team?

Well former manager Lampard hardly selected Marriott for whatever reasons so who knows but Martin and Marriott could easily play together and be effective 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well former manager Lampard hardly selected Marriott for whatever reasons so who knows but Martin and Marriott could easily play together and be effective 

So could Waghorn and Marriott 

21 minutes ago, Saity said:

Spot on comment....why is there this obsession with CM ??? Marriott scores goals ...has the last 2/3 seasons gone unnoticed ?? Chris has contributed very little and before anyone says he hasn’t had a chance blah blah he has in training and under23 games and he was loaned out so don’t get why so many see him as favoured in front of Marriott or Waghorn for that matter 

I’d say in modern football it’s rare that a player scores around 60 goals for one team, and so the fans have an affinity to that player. 

Also I don’t really think it’s an obsession I think fans are commenting on a relevant topic are hoping a footballer does well, I think that’s just being a fan. The obsessives to me are the ones who can’t help but try and undermine that. Also I don’t think anyone is really saying he should be favoured, more that he should be seen as a viable option. Especially in a 433 where, in terms of experience, he’s probably most suited. That’s not to say he’s preferred, just going on his style of play to the other two.

47 minutes ago, Saity said:

What none of us know is the personality/influence of the player ...it was widely reported that the squad were tight and had a great dressing room...none of us know the characteristics of the players and whether not playing regularly has an abject effect on the dressing room so hopefully Cocu will keep a small squad with emphasis on team spirit 

Interviewer: "...team spirit quite evident last season, how has it been on this tour so far?"

Bennett: It's picked off right where we left it y'know. We've got a few of the lads that were out on loan last season and also the young boys coming through...and its really nice to see the likes of Chrissy and Thorney back in and around it, erm they're big personalities and like I said we all bounce off each other.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He’s hardly likely to say errrm Chris and Thorne are big personalities and are disruptive is he ? What I picked up on was the atmosphere in the dressing room was great last season and that’s twice now that it’s been mentioned that Chris  has a very strong personality ....make of that what you want...all I’m saying is none of us know the players and how they are in and around the squad ...team spirit was very evident last season 

8 minutes ago, Saity said:

He’s hardly likely to say errrm Chris and Thorne are big personalities and are disruptive is he ? What I picked up on was the atmosphere in the dressing room was great last season and that’s twice now that it’s been mentioned that Chris  has a very strong personality ....make of that what you want...all I’m saying is none of us know the players and how they are in and around the squad ...team spirit was very evident last season 

I think you're grasping at straws a little here mate

On a simple level he said "it's really nice" to have them back and them called them out by name - I don't think he would have said anything about players who were universally disliked - He didn't mention any of the guys left at home and didn't mention any of the youth guys by name

12 minutes ago, Saity said:

Weird agenda against a club player

Why not just see how it turns out?

I think having three talented strikers,each with differing talents but all capable of scoring goals for Derby is a asset not a negative and it comes without having to spend another penny.

18 minutes ago, Saity said:

He wasn't asked about Chrissy or Thorney - he gave the comment naming them freely. He could just have said, 'yeah it's all great, etc..' He mentioned they 'bounced off them' in terms of the team/squad spirit being as good as last years.

Why does it bother you so much?

Just now, cheron85 said:

I think you're grasping at straws a little here mate

On a simple level he said "it's really nice" to have them back and them called them out by name - I don't think he would have said anything about players who were universally disliked - He didn't mention any of the guys left at home and didn't mention any of the youth guys by name

Very true cheron..I’m not or don’t mean to seem like I’m clutching at straws all I was saying was none of us as fans know the influences personalities have on the dressing room ..Thorne and Martin were both not in and around the first team squad last season and if that were me I’d probably have something to say about it lol as I’m told I have a strong personality too ...we are aiming ( according to Mel ) to continue wit the good work Frank has started ..one of the most apparent things  were the team spirit and closeness of the players to the fans it felt fantastic to be part of that and just hope it continues ...no one is saying Chris is a bad influence but what I was trying to get across was ...none of us know ...and sometimes it’s not just football reasons ...example was Marriott being strangely left out ...but I trusted Lampard and I’m very excited by Cocus appointment although will need time 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He wasn't asked about Chrissy or Thorney - he gave the comment naming them freely. He could just have said, 'yeah it's all great, etc..' He mentioned they 'bounced off them' in terms of the team/squad spirit being as good as last years.

Why does it bother you so much?

It doesn’t you need to read my posts thoroughly ..I could ask the same of you ....why does CM bother you so much ...why not talk about Waghorn or Marriott ?players who are not only worth more but played well last season ...but no let’s bang on about Chris Martin ....

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

It doesn’t you need to read my posts thoroughly ..I could ask the same of you ....why does CM bother you so much ...why not talk about Waghorn or Marriott ?players who are not only worth more but played well last season ...but no let’s bang on about Chris Martin ....

In fairness it's a topic about Chris Martin, so probably the most sensible place to discuss Chris Martin.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Weird agenda against a club player

Why not just see how it turns out?

I think having three talented strikers,each with differing talents but all capable of scoring goals for Derby is a asset not a negative and it comes without having to spend another penny.

I couldn’t agree more ...no agenda just merely pointing out no one knows the players like the coaches do ....so let Cocu do his stuff ...it just seems tedious every time we have a thread on CM it becomes the same old things like how could he was.....we all know how good he was....so was Thorne but not for some time now 

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

In fairness it's a topic about Chris Martin, so probably the most sensible place to discuss Chris Martin.

Yeah another thread about Chris Martin ......yawn!! 

5 minutes ago, Saity said:

(Bit in bold) You're in a Chris Martin thread ffs.

You made a comment about maybe the size of the squad affecting team spirit. An interview with Bennett from a couple of days ago asked that question. He answered it saying it was good and it was good to have the loanees back.

You just don't want to hear the information you asked about it seems.

Very true cheron..I’m not or don’t mean to seem like I’m clutching at straws all I was saying was none of us as fans know the influences personalities have on the dressing room ..Thorne and Martin were both not in and around the first team squad last season and if that were me I’d probably have something to say about it lol as I’m told I have a strong personality too ...

Yeh, I get where you're coming from - They're both players though who have always been vocal in wanting to play football and have both taken u23 or loan football to try and get that (for us and before us)

Interesting that neither Thorne or Anya were given a sniff under Lampard and both sent to the u23s to train/play rather than being around the first team at any point - Difficult for a new/young coaching team having influential personalities around who aren't playing much?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

(Bit in bold) You're in a Chris Martin thread ffs.

You made a comment about maybe the size of the squad affecting team spirit. An interview with Bennett from a couple of days ago asked that question. He answered it saying it was good and it was good to have the loanees back.

You just don't want to hear the information you asked about it seems.

Haha yeah ok Roy I really don’t think you have any room to talk about what people like to hear ....let’s just leave it there eh we have our opinions that’s why we come on here 

Haha yeah ok Roy I really don’t think you have any room to talk about what people like to hear ....let’s just leave it there eh we have our opinions that’s why we come on here 

OK Saity, but it's not my opinion, it's Bennetts. Take it up with him mate. Maybe Chrissy and Thorney held a gun to his head and said, say how great we are, or else?! 

I think any team aiming for promotion from this league needs at least 3 top strikers. In Marriott, Waghorn and Martin we potentially have just that. I hope Marriott gets lots of game time, he's a predator. #COYR

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh, I get where you're coming from - They're both players though who have always been vocal in wanting to play football and have both taken u23 or loan football to try and get that (for us and before us)

Interesting that neither Thorne or Anya were given a sniff under Lampard and both sent to the u23s to train/play rather than being around the first team at any point - Difficult for a new/young coaching team having influential personalities around who aren't playing much?

Definitely mate  ...I remember when I was playing ,one of our better players was training with the reserves due to his influence at being left out....because he had a big influence on the changing room it became more important than it should’ve....when Marriott was left out rumours went around it was due to being a poor trainer ...what I felt was strange last season was why Lampard never wanted Anya,Butterfield ,Martin or Thorne around the first team squad ...we just don’t know ...if love it if CM made a miraculous comeback for us and we didbt need to buy another striker ...time will tell ...hopefully Cocu continues with a good team spirit ...Rowett said we had too many players to make the first team squad a healthy place and he wanted a smaller tighter squad ...looking at our squad we need 4/5 in and the same out for me 

14 minutes ago, Saity said:

Yeah another thread about Chris Martin ......yawn!! 

Why post on it then?

There are thousands of threads on here for you to look at instead.

There are many members who ARE interested in talking about cm,so I'm confused as to why you are commenting and moaning about the cm threads if you aren't?

I'm pretty sure that I can assure you that having Chris Martin threads on here won't influence cocu's decision making process and neither will your continued protests either.

Chill out fella.

Archived