Chris Martin fitness

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Wilson and Knight, I think are the next two top scorers.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/teams/player/jack-stretton-2

Stretton is who I was thinking of

14 starts 14 goals ?

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Completely forgot about Stretton. 

Stretton was injured for a reasonable chunk of the season too. 

1. Whittaker - 24 goals 15 assists  

2. Stretton - 14 and 2

2. Wilson - 8 and 11

3. Knight - 8 and 7

4. Archie Brown (LB who played LW in the league final) finished the season on 7 goals and 7 assists. 

5. Dixon (CM) and Cashin (CB) both scored 5. Dixon also assisted 2.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stretton was injured for a reasonable chunk of the season too. 

1. Whittaker - 24 goals 15 assists  

2. Stretton - 14 and 2

2. Wilson - 8 and 11

3. Knight - 8 and 7

4. Archie Brown (LB who played LW in the league final) finished the season on 7 goals and 7 assists. 

5. Dixon (CM) and Cashin (CB) both scored 5. Dixon also assisted 2.

When you look at those stats it's hardly surprising our youth set up is attracting so much attention. DW and co doing some fantastic work IMO.

Martin is a one dimensional player, by that I mean he can't play on the shoulder, he's not necessarily a target man and he won't chase the ball down the flanks. If you want him to do any of that, it's like asking a cat to bark, it's not going to produce results. If you play into his feet or chest, however, provide him with midfield movement then I'm sure he can do a job. 

Technically, he's probably the best striker we have. He's probably one of the best in the Championship with regards to his first touch and passing ability. He just doesn't have the range that Waghorn or Marriott do, particularly the first. I think even if we don't play to his strengths that he's still a good option off the bench, certainly when we're winning as he's great at winning free kicks and possession higher up the pitch.  

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why do I allow my hopes to be raised every single ducking year?

Guess yu're one f those crazy fool types who dreams of success for the club he loves and wants both the team and the individual players to prosper. Bonkers.

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Running on guesswork here, but I doubt RamsTV would do an interview with Chrissy unless Cocu plans to keep him this season. Marriott/Waghorn/Martin(when fully fit) could be a pretty decent rotation this year. 

Doubt telling the media team to get an interview with his new star striker before he’s even seen the bloke play in a game was on top of Cocu’s to do list a few days into the job.

Interview with a player who’s been around for years and scored plenty of goals for Derby? Yeah.

Some sort of cryptic Cocu inspired PR stunt? Nah.

Chrissy, why can't I quit you?

I just bought the new home and away shirt with nothing on the back. I opened my heart once, and won't get burned again.

My 17/18 number 9 Martin shirt still fills me with sadness. Rowett gave him the number 9 then shipped him out. If he somehow makes his way back into this team, and has a decent season I will just get Martin 9 tattooed on my back.

I'm not getting my hopes up yet though.

Favorite ever player. 

Love you handsome wardrobe man

Wix

Xx

36 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I just bought the new home and away shirt with nothing on the back. I opened my heart once, and won't get burned again.

My 17/18 number 9 Martin shirt still fills me with sadness. Rowett gave him the number 9 then shipped him out. If he somehow makes his way back into this team, and has a decent season I will just get Martin 9 tattooed on my back.

Favorite ever player. 

Wix

Xx

Someone should write the film about you two. Mike Leigh are you reading?

Minutes before the home game with Forest, Waghorn, Lawrence and Marriott are struck down with a mystery sickness bug.

The stadium announcer pleads ^is there a centre forward in the crowd?^

Three rows back from the subs bench, a broad-shouldered figure, concealed  under a DCFC hoody looks up. 

He clambers over Nugent’s raised hand and tugs at Cocu’s sleeve. 

“Just give me a chance, guv.....”

Up in the crowd, Wixman stirs.

8 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Running on guesswork here, but I doubt RamsTV would do an interview with Chrissy unless Cocu plans to keep him this season. Marriott/Waghorn/Martin(when fully fit) could be a pretty decent rotation this year. 

I was thinking about this too ...

A couple of managers have spoken to Mel and said they want him out the club, even if it means still picking up some of his wages.

A few days into the job and he is sent out to speak to the press. Who decided that...and why? Cos he looks fit? cos Cocu sees him as part of the team...? To show he is being given a chance before he gets loaned out?  Just wondering if Mel has told him how popular Chris is and is trying to get fans onside?

I was never totally on 'team Chris' as his attitude sometimes bugged me, but man he could finish and had a deft touch. 

Can't see him and Marriott in the same team as others have suggested but I enjoy how eloquent he is and his respect for Derby is refreshing. Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Favorite ever player. 

Wix

Xx

Lol,had to "fight" with the club shop last year to get them to put the number 9 and Martin on my 18/19 shirt...they actually rang me back to check if that I knew that he wasn't playing for us anymore...

Once I know his squad number I'll get this year's blue away shirt ?...for the last time??

Chris Martin thoughts.

Personally I wrote him off, thought his time was done. As yet I’m not convinced otherwise until we see him in action on the pitch and shows he is still capable of playing a role in this team.

This was never personal, I like Chris, have great memories. If he does impress Cocu and earns himself a place back in the team I will get behind him 100%. 

Does he start ahead of Waghorn or Marriott? Right now you would say no as we haven’t seen him in a Derby shirt for a long time now and have nothing but distant memories to suggest otherwise.

He does look in great condition, whilst shedding a few pounds will not change the type of striker he is, it’s a positive sign that he’s looking after himself and appears to be mentally still up for playing.

Given the less than impressive loan spells and another new manager, you would forgive him slightly for thinking what’s the point. 

For those asking for a clean slate for him, you can’t call for a clean slate for one and not for all. Either this applies to the full squad or not at all.

The likes of Jozefzoon who struggled to impress in his first year at the club should also be given the clean slate.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Technically, he's probably the best striker we have. He's probably one of the best in the Championship

Technically Coccu is the best Midfielder we have .........don't think he'll be playing either !

7 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Technically Coccu is the best Midfielder we have .........don't think he'll be playing either !

Gonna take a wild stab at the reason for that and suggest the 20 year age gap might play into it!

Are you against the manager even having a look at Chris to see what kind of form he's in? I find the compulsion to get shot of Martin without him even being given a chance to show his form a bit odd really. 

Archived