Chris Martin fitness

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What, like Waghorn (29)?! ? If Martin is fit and over his illness so that he can play 90 minutes, then there is no reason he can't be the same intelligent footballer that he was pre the Mac2 debacle.

Not so much his age as the 3 years where he hasn’t set the world on fire. It’s more the expectation that he might all of a sudden be a 20+ goal a season player again. I’d love to eat my words...

2 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

Not so much his age as the 3 years where he hasn’t set the world on fire. It’s more the expectation that he might all of a sudden be a 20+ goal a season player again. I’d love to eat my words...

As someone else said Waghorn also had 'spells of nothing', it happens. You'd think that 4-3-3 will suit, unless there's an emphasis on chasing down ala Lampard-style. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

As we don't have any proper wingers, let's just play with three strikers and go direct football. Waggy, Martin and Marriott all up front. 

Yes I thought of this as a credible possibility from an attacking sense a bit like Gabbiadini, Kitson and Johnson. The problem then comes with midfield and we ain't strong enough there.

1 hour ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Yes I thought of this as a credible possibility from an attacking sense a bit like Gabbiadini, Kitson and Johnson. The problem then comes with midfield and we ain't strong enough there.

And the midfield has to be our focus for inbound players I feel.....we need another mason mount/will Hughes clone plus a young Bryson type to get the 433 engine room firing on all cylinders.

We seem to have more than enough resources up front.

Cocu has been given the thumbs up by most fans.There is no doubt his experience is considerably wider than most managers that we have since Mel took over the club.He will see the worth of Martin Unfortunately I am sure it will be a big fat NO. Yes he was brilliant 2013-2016 period,but now hes3 years older and for various reasons he hasnt featured for us and only played 71 games including substitute appearances while he has been out on loan,You cant beat old father time I hope i am wrong but i fear its the end for him at Derby

9 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Cocu has been given the thumbs up by most fans.There is no doubt his experience is considerably wider than most managers that we have since Mel took over the club.He will see the worth of Martin Unfortunately I am sure it will be a big fat NO. Yes he was brilliant 2013-2016 period,but now hes3 years older and for various reasons he hasnt featured for us and only played 71 games including substitute appearances while he has been out on loan,You cant beat old father time I hope i am wrong but i fear its the end for him at Derby

Old father time?

Waghorn is 29 to Martin's 30!

On 06/07/2019 at 11:40, BaaLocks said:

I reckon we're collectively at risk of being diagnosed with one, or all, of Alzheimers, obsessive compulsive disorder, Stockholm syndrome, repetitive stress injury or Munchausens syndrome

I agree, when all we need is Dutch courage 

Archived