Chris Martin fitness

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Love him and the same applies to him as per cm...if he's good enough and fit enough and cocu likes what he sees then I'll be delighted.

What a player in his prime,be wonderful to see him anywhere near that standard again.

I'm bang in the shizzle now ?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he needs his own thread. ?

I'm thinking we might also need a separate Chris Martin thread for those who DON'T want to discuss him. Folk could compare boredom levels and discuss why Chris is not worth discussing. We could entitle it, 'Not Another Chris Martin Thread' or something equally catchy. 

56 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why post on it then?

There are thousands of threads on here for you to look at instead.

There are many members who ARE interested in talking about cm,so I'm confused as to why you are commenting and moaning about the cm threads if you aren't?

I'm pretty sure that I can assure you that having Chris Martin threads on here won't influence cocu's decision making process and neither will your continued protests either.

Chill out fella.

Why post on it ?? Are you only allowed to comment on a CM thread then if you agree with all the CM lovers ?? the thread doesn’t say...only comment if you love CM and cannot differ from any other opinion lol ...I’m chilled mate just have an opinion like you ...it’s just different to yours no probs can’t wait for the Thorne one next ?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why post on it then?

There are thousands of threads on here for you to look at instead.

There are many members who ARE interested in talking about cm,so I'm confused as to why you are commenting and moaning about the cm threads if you aren't?

I'm pretty sure that I can assure you that having Chris Martin threads on here won't influence cocu's decision making process and neither will your continued protests either.

Chill out fella.

And...yes you never know he may surprise us and discover the form of 3/4,years ago....and agree out opinions won’t influence Cocu ...exciting times to be a rams fan ??

The only doubts I have about Martin and Thorne are reactions and pace in today’s game. On the other hand players like Sherringham didn’t need it to do the business.

it is a conundrum, Martin fits a certain system and isn’t particularly adaptable but he is a footballer and knows where the back of the net is.

All this has been said a thousand times on multiple threads .. We will all see what happens when Phil’s schtyle becomes evident 

don’t you just love pre season musings ? 

PS when does this Florida match kick off ? 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

it is a conundrum, Martin fits a certain system and isn’t particularly adaptable but he is a footballer and knows where the back of the net is.

How many players at this level (and above!) does this apply to? Most I would suggest.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many players at this level (and above!) does this apply to? Most I would suggest.

Hi Roy, I know you are a big fan .. my reservation is that amidst his undoubted skills the weaknesses become more evident as time passes. Imperceptibly perhaps, but the game is changing and becoming increasingly athletic. 

He wouldn’t be my first choice today but I am prepared to be proved wrong and would be delighted to see C Martin on the scorers sheet 

26 minutes ago, jono said:

Hi Roy, I know you are a big fan .. my reservation is that amidst his undoubted skills the weaknesses become more evident as time passes. Imperceptibly perhaps, but the game is changing and becoming increasingly athletic. 

He wouldn’t be my first choice today but I am prepared to be proved wrong and would be delighted to see C Martin on the scorers sheet 

It's a new manager, it'll be interesting to see what he can get out of players in the squad. I've just listened to Evans (who?! ? ) interview and he was talking about the small things the manager notices and changes, in this instance body shape - I'm not sure that's in the 'don't eat too many pies' instance, but interesting! ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

Interesting that Sheffield United had two of the oldest strikers last season yet prospered at scoring and winning promotion and they certainly didn’t run around (sharp and mcGoldrick) 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Why post on it ?? Are you only allowed to comment on a CM thread then if you agree with all the CM lovers ?? the thread doesn’t say...only comment if you love CM and cannot differ from any other opinion lol ...I’m chilled mate just have an opinion like you ...it’s just different to yours no probs can’t wait for the Thorne one next ?

No...comment away,it's the life blood of the forum...I was reacting to your complaint about cm threads themselves,then posting on them!

49 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Martin should be the no9 all season just for the Ninos rage and the #toddyfacts

Because Mrs Ninos needs some good lovin

Ninos disappeared off the map a long time ago and I haven't heard from toddy for a long time either 

Chrissie returning would have caused a few burst blood vessels I fear so perhaps for the best!

We desperately need a thread listing the new Dutch vocabulary which is acceptable on this forum and which will be pleasing to nearly everyone. Van Der Rampage. 

1. Schtyle

2. Scheemer

3. Schot

4.Schcreamer

5. Schentre forward

6. Schubstitute

7. Schambles

8. Schinnie

9. Schouth schtand

10. Scheason ticket holder

11. Schquad

I know.

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Has anyone looked into how Cocu’s midfield 3 actually play. It would give us our biggest clue towards ins, outs and everything in between. I know I haven’t looked and I immediately assumed it was like a McClaren 3 - such as Thorne/Eustace, Hughes, Hendrick/Bryson. A quick read up suggests it’s closer to how Lampard wanted us to be like at the start of last season where all mids shared responsibility, which lead to players being out of position very often (I’m thinking Ledley and Bryson during the first few games). 

Does anyone have any real insight?

Chris is often referred to as the Wardrobe. Given his new svelte physique, this hardly seems appropriate now. If he could still be likened to a wardrobe, well maybe it’d be a budget range Ikea one? 

15 hours ago, Saity said:

Rowett said we had too many players to make the first team squad a healthy place and he wanted a smaller tighter squad ...looking at our squad we need 4/5 in and the same out for me 

I kind of agree - But then I think people count the youth players into that number which I wouldn't until they go full-Bogle

We've taken 28 to the US, 2 left at home - Including 6 youngsters - So a 'senior' squad of 24 isn't too bad - I think the balance is probably a little off though; we need a little better 'future cover' for aging players and we're a bit light on quality in some positions 

Archived