Chris Martin fitness

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Chris Martin looks absolutely amazingly slim and trim in the recent vids, I'm slightly excited that we may have a new striker amongst our ranks ?

Merge if needed.

No need, we’ve barely ever had any threads on him.

His size/fitness isn't really the issue.  He was never particularly mobile and was sometimes a bit lazy and negative for my liking...

But it's whether his style fits the Cocu way... I would be pleased if he does find his way back, but surely Marriott is the future? 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

His size/fitness isn't really the issue.  He was never particularly mobile and was sometimes a bit lazy and negative for my liking...

But it's whether his style fits the Cocu way... I would be pleased if he does find his way back, but surely Marriott is the future? 

If Cocu wants to play football on the ground then I'd have though Martin was in with a shout.

Edit: to stay on topic, he looks jolly fit - I wonder if he was back early to training, Derby media doing their best to ignore him, just in case. ?

18 minutes ago, Duracell said:

No need, we’ve barely ever had any threads on him.

Not with the title including the word "fitness" we have nt.

It would be nice to see him return in a deeper withdrawn role. Tip of a diamond.

I recall he played there just before Clough was sacked away at Leicester. Made a great contribution despite only having Salmon to pass forward to.

Don't we say how slim he looks every summer?

Tbf he does look smaller but every year it's mentioned and he looks exactly the same. 

This summer I agree for once. But for the type of player he is I don't think his body shape has ever mattered. He's never been lazy, he just won't fetch crap passes. He's a back to goal, in front of the defence type playmaker which doesn't need pace. 

Slim Martin won't chase hoofs. He won't start gliding past his man. So it's only good if he can still shield the ball and back into defenders and he feels healthy. 

Martin has given me some of the happiest memories of being a Ram in over a decade. The team he was a part of were great fun. I'd like to think he can go on to be a big player for us. He's been messed around in recent seasons. 

Good luck to him anyway

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We’re dangerously teetering into Forest’s “living in the past” mentality with Chris Martin. 

I reckon we're collectively at risk of being diagnosed with one, or all, of Alzheimers, obsessive compulsive disorder, Stockholm syndrome, repetitive stress injury or Munchausens syndrome

33 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Seen no evidence of that happening..it's just in the fevered imagination if some Derby 'fans' to fit their narrative.

Completely disagree. Look at Martin when he first went into pre season under clement and compare him to when Clement got sacked as an example. For what it’s worth Martin is better when he is bigger as he pushes into defenders more and holds the ball better up top. 

Archived