Chris Martin fitness

Whatever money he is on, is whatever we have offered him. Therefore i don't see how we can begrudge him it.

Chris suffered once our midfield started to be dismantled as he relies on midfield players getting up in support.

Pearson seemed to prefer the idea of pacy strikers. Same with growett who also got rid of the midfield.

We are still a bit short in attacking midfielders and it remains to be seen who fits where.. 

Seems like a good bloke though.

???????

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What is it with that part of the world and gossip mongering? My uncle, who has a season ticket at Norwich and Ipswich, lives alone and has no computer, phone or internet came out with a nonsense story about a certain player connected with our club being banned in every pub in Beccles one Christmas Day.

My theory is the flat terrain allows for gossip to spread without interruption.

There's duck all else to do...

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What is it with that part of the world and gossip mongering? My uncle, who has a season ticket at Norwich and Ipswich, lives alone and has no computer, phone or internet came out with a nonsense story about a certain player connected with our club being banned in every pub in Beccles one Christmas Day.

My theory is the flat terrain allows for gossip to spread without interruption.

That wasn't gossip

https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/footballer-barred-from-68-pubs-1-506032

Whatever you think of Chris Martin's ability and career trajectory, there's no doubt he's a great guy who cares about Derby.

If he can somehow strike his way back into the fold I'd be delighted.

I like Chris Martin a lot and think he's a thinking person's footballer.  ? Makes contributions to the game far beyond the goals he scores.Not all fans acknowledge or even see this.

For the past couple of seasons I have really wished he'd made a success of his loans and gain a permanent move so he could pick up his career again with a club where he feels settled.

By the sound of this interview, that club for him is still Derby (rather miraculously, given how things have panned out for him) so I will always be behind him if he is chosen as part of the squad.

Just a point on his wages that is repeated often on here as a reason not to play him. If he's getting paid anywhere near some of even the lower guesses on here, any loan club will be picking up a fraction of that cost and we'll be paying the rest. So you have to consider whether you want to pay all of his wages while you're at it and have the benefit of his contribution. 

I hope it works out for Chris whatever happens.

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

?‍♂️....please no more!!!!! 

Ok... Well we need a third striker. We need to spend our money very wisely and have a fair few gaps to fill...

We need a different option to Marriott and Waghorn... who can we get to come in for low money, who knows how to hold the ball up, has a record of scoring goals and benefits in multiple ways in a 4-3-3 formation?

Martin coming back is basically replacing Nugent, I would have preferred Martin over Nugent last season let alone this. 

People can question his goal output but he didnt have the best record before we signed him originally & after that interview he sounds like he is fitter than he has been for a couple of years, maybe the stomach issues he had (i dont mean being fat either) have maybe passed.

Cocu likes to play good football, Martin is technically one of our better players so may well suit Cocu's style of play similar to how he suited McClarens

Whatever happens, he has a clean slate so if Cocu wants to keep him around then who are we to argue

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why come on the thread then? He's our player, he's a skilful footballer. He's NEVER bad-mouthed Derby. 

Probably has more than one reason to as well to be fair to him. Went from one of the leagues top scorers to thrown away over night with no wrong doing. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why come on the thread then? He's our player, he's a skilful footballer. He's NEVER bad-mouthed Derby. 

I know, i am a big fan of Martin and hope he gets back into our team. My response was a response to 'please no more'. My thoughts being please no more negative comments.  Admit it doesn't always come across right online.

If you ever read my posts about Martin i am nothing but positive about him.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know, i am a big fan of Martin and hope he gets back into our team. My response was a response to 'please no more'. My thoughts being please no more negative comments.  Admit it doesn't always come across right online.

If you ever read my posts about Martin i am nothing but positive about him.

Fair play to you. For every ten that love him there's one or two that doubt him. If he gets a chance for us this season, just listen to the roar when he scores. As soon as he steps foot on the pitch, we'll sing his name. He means a lot to us and we mean a lot to him. Rowett threw him on randomly against Reading when we'd already lost, he scored and I was well chuffed for him but then he was put back in the cupboard. 

Archived