Chris Martin fitness

On 20/07/2019 at 22:23, Rampage said:

Big test against Rangers. I would not play some key players in that one. Leave out Dowell, Hudds, Waghorn and Bogle please.

Our key players need to be match fit for Huddersfield though. They won't be if they don't play between now and August.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think going to be games that are tight and sit back chris martin can be unlock defances.

B4 makes a good point here, against teams who just sit back, pace is not as important as being able to pick that little through ball to someone in space. 

Also CM can score with either foot or his head. How many times do you see player with a great opportunity and then realise he's on his wrong foot. 

I still think he has something to offer this team, even if not as a first choice starter, but as a different plan 'b'. 

Chris is a maybe. Big wages, so tempting to ship him out if not going to be a regular, but...just maybe...he could be a massive asset.

He's never been quick, so don't worry about his advanced 30 years of age. Irrelevant.

He's healthy now, we're told, and we are going to be playing a system which is tailor made for his attributes and when some bottom half no-marks come here to stick all XI behind the ball, waste time and blag a 0-0, Chris offers the guile neither Waggy or Marriott can bring. (As B4 said)

I'd give him every chance, and unless some wonderkid is available on loan, I don't see us spending wedge on a striker this summer so it may just happen.

Also, must declare bias here, I ducking love Chrissy Martin, Derby's number 9 (teen).

You have teams such as brentford and QPR few teams like to sit back hit us on the break but when have a team 5 or 6 runners you need someone like martin to give them something else to think about but he likes create chances around oppsition box plus he brings others into play.

Has Martin really had injury problems at all? I don't think his problems are physical perse, he looks more like someone who has lost his footballing mojo. Shame but such things happen.

Whereas we can look at Thorne, Forsyth and Davies and blame bad injuries. Such a shame as they've all been important players and at least worth a few peanuts earlier. Now though, I'd sell any of them for one peanut if we could find someone stupid enough to buy...

28 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Has Martin really had injury problems at all? I don't think his problems are physical perse, he looks more like someone who has lost his footballing mojo. Shame but such things happen.

Whereas we can look at Thorne, Forsyth and Davies and blame bad injuries. Such a shame as they've all been important players and at least worth a few peanuts earlier. Now though, I'd sell any of them for one peanut if we could find someone stupid enough to buy...

it wasnt an injury as such,he was ill with a severe stomach complaint(he said he had been ill in a recent interview) during pre season last year which continued for some time.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

it wasnt an injury as such,he was ill with a severe stomach complaint(he said he had been ill in a recent interview) during pre season last year which continued for some time.

Ah, forgot that one. I think it's third time this week I've forgotten something obvious...

Maybe a third time, can't remember for sure ? 

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

49D34F85-148D-4E6D-B916-A23380457FA9.png

7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Colitis, wasn't it? No joke that.

35 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I think not...?

I have actually had Colitis for last 15 years. A good diet works best for me. I have run 3 marathons since I had it, as long as not flaring up it does not hold me back.

(There have been a few dashes to the bushes mind in training runs ? )

I also suffer. Like you, a good diet and I have it under control for the last few years. Yes some foods trigger a response but under control for 99% of the year. 

Archived