Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Rab a dab doo said:

He did ok.

Not bad playing career at PSV winning 4 Dutch Championships and  2 Cups 95 appearance and 42 goals

I la Liga title in 6 season with Barcelona. 290 odd appearances and 37 goals

101 Caps for Holland 10 goals and 1 World Cup appearance, 4th in 1998

As Manager 3 Dutch Championships and 1 Dutch Cup.

As Assistant Holland Manager Runner-up 2010

Maybe not  a 'personality' like Frank but he has done ok for himself so far.

Hopefully the best is yet to come ?

I would say that's more than ok!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I would say that's more than ok!

As would I.  Anything he does here is small fry compared to all that! Unless we win the Prem, or Champions league...

Someone like Pardew would have begged for that career.

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Everyone was excited about such a legend of the game (Lampard) managing us last season. It seems to have been underplayed just how good of a career Cocu had too.

Always remember the press conference when Rooney was introduced to the media. That clown from Sky (Rob Dorsett) turned to Cocu & said 'you'll have to forgive us for aiming questions at Rooney, he is a legend of the game'....as if he had absolutely no idea what Cocu's pedigree was. Many managers may have bristled at that but Cocu just smiled.

I bet his contacts book is absolutely frightening...he'll have an 'in' at most top European clubs which when we get to the Prem, will be a real advantage in trying to secure talent.

Yep going up 2020. First number on Philip Cocu's International shirt is 20 on this video, total team player, check out all his shirt numbers for the Netherlands.

Our top man knows the importance of team players, the effectiveness of a football team playing as a team and playing to it's strengths.

I love Philip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden, Twan Scheepers and everyone else at Derby County Football Club that are working hard to make Derby County a football team that entertains and delivers quality football and makes us fans very proud to be Rams fans.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Always remember the press conference when Rooney was introduced to the media. That clown from Sky (Rob Dorsett) turned to Cocu & said 'you'll have to forgive us for aiming questions at Rooney, he is a legend of the game'....as if he had absolutely no idea what Cocu's pedigree was. Many managers may have bristled at that but Cocu just smiled.

I bet his contacts book is absolutely frightening...he'll have an 'in' at most top European clubs which when we get to the Prem, will be a real advantage in trying to secure talent.

Problem is, this is the last Summer we can bring in Europeans without having to go through the work permit rigmarole. 

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Everyone was excited about such a legend of the game (Lampard) managing us last season. It seems to have been underplayed just how good of a career Cocu had too.

Great player in his days. Top 3 foreign import with most appearances for Barca behind Messi and Alves. They have had a few half decent players over the years so to make 292 appearances there you got to be some player.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Problem is, this is the last Summer we can bring in Europeans without having to go through the work permit rigmarole. 

I suspect there will be some sort of reciprocal arrangement with regards to EU players moving here & vice versa. German clubs have been particularly keen to buy/loan young English players recently & given Sancho's success at Dortmund, many Prem Academy kids will want to try their luck there also. I'm not saying there wouldn't be some paperwork involved but I don't foresee any restrictions - Premiership clubs would also argue they could no longer be competitive in European competitions if that wasn't the case (which would harm the marketability of the Premier League)

15 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I bet his contacts book is absolutely frightening...he'll have an 'in' at most top European clubs which when we get to the Prem, will be a real advantage in trying to secure 

And Kluivert just happens to be the head of Barcelona's academy or something like that.

It still amazes me that anyone could disrespect Cocu. The guy captained Barcelona and at the point he left had made the most ever appearances for the club as a foreign player!

We rave about Rooney and quite rightly. We are stupidly lucky.

Managed by a former Barcelona and Holland captain. With a proven managerial record.

Captained by a former Man Utd and England captain.

All this for a team in the second tier. 

13 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

And Kluivert just happens to be the head of Barcelona's academy or something like that.

It still amazes me that anyone could disrespect Cocu. The guy captained Barcelona and at the point he left had made the most ever appearances for the club as a foreign player!

Managed by a former Barcelona and Holland captain. With a proven managerial record.

This is why I so hope we manage to get promotion next season (if not this).

We should be honoured to have someone of the calibre of Cocu as our manager, forest fans think they have found their new saviour in Lamouche, he wouldn't be fit to lace the boots of Cocu.

Our current set up with a willing chairman in Mel deserves a real crack the the Prem.

I don't think we will have many more opportunities to have the likes of Rooney donning a Derby kit.

13 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I suspect there will be some sort of reciprocal arrangement with regards to EU players moving here & vice versa. German clubs have been particularly keen to buy/loan young English players recently & given Sancho's success at Dortmund, many Prem Academy kids will want to try their luck there also. I'm not saying there wouldn't be some paperwork involved but I don't foresee any restrictions - Premiership clubs would also argue they could no longer be competitive in European competitions if that wasn't the case (which would harm the marketability of the Premier League)

Money talks, they'll be an accommodation made pretty quickly regarding professional athletes and sportsperson I'm sure. Probably be a case of evidencing the transfer and UEFA confirming and some admin fee and it's fine. Of all the issues surrounding "the B word" football transfers are probably one of the less pressing and easier to sort out.

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I think it said more about the narrow minded nature of sport journalism in this country than anything. Basically because Cocu never played in the Premier League or won a Balon d'Or, Rob Dorsett didn't really know how good he was.

And you're absolutely right - we are ridiculously lucky to have Cocu and Rooney on board. Particularly at exactly the time that our Academy is churning out fantastic young talent and gaining a name for itself across Europe. I'm unbelievably excited at where this could take us - for the older fans, it must feel like 1968 all over again.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think it said more about the narrow minded nature of sport journalism in this country than anything. Basically because Cocu never played in the Premier League or won a Balon d'Or, Rob Dorsett didn't really know how good he was.

And you're absolutely right - we are ridiculously lucky to have Cocu and Rooney on board. Particularly at exactly the time that our Academy is churning out fantastic young talent and gaining a name for itself across Europe. I'm unbelievably excited at where this could take us - for the older fans, it must feel like 1968 all over again.

Dorsett interviewed Sibley last week and all he could go on about was Rooney. "Show me what Wayne Rooney wrote", "Where's Wayne Rooney's signature on the ball?", "My head is so far up Wayne Rooney", "Do you like playing with Wayne Rooney?"

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Dorsett interviewed Sibley last week and all he could go on about was Rooney. "Show me what Wayne Rooney wrote", "Where's Wayne Rooney's signature on the ball?", "My head is so far up Wayne Rooney", "Do you like playing with Wayne Rooney?"

You have to wonder if they're doing it deliberately to sew discontent. Like the 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County' thing - maybe acceptable when Lampard was in charge but Rooney doesn't even manage us. I bet Sky would love him to do so though - that's perhaps their angle.

On 28/06/2020 at 12:56, Rab a dab doo said:

He did ok.

Not bad playing career at PSV winning 4 Dutch Championships and  2 Cups 95 appearance and 42 goals

I la Liga title in 6 season with Barcelona. 290 odd appearances and 37 goals

101 Caps for Holland 10 goals and 1 World Cup appearance, 4th in 1998

As Manager 3 Dutch Championships and 1 Dutch Cup.

As Assistant Holland Manager Runner-up 2010

Maybe not  a 'personality' like Frank but he has done ok for himself so far.

Hopefully the best is yet to come ?

Onwards and upwards with the Rams Mr Cocu.

12th in the all-time greatest Dutch players!

Remember:- Wayne Rooney is the English Philip Cocu!

No wonder our yougsters are improving so massively!

3 hours ago, BondJovi said:

That demonstrates the person we should all be raving about is Mel!

12 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Good post  we are very lucky to have a manager of Cocu's calibre there were fans this season at games really giving him a hard time and was difficult to listen to it....he is our first ever foreign coach and conducts himself with dignity always.

My only worry is if he continues to do well and build something good here the vultures will start circling......so lets hope we can get up at least by the end of next season .

I genuinely think we will be title contenders next season if still in championship 

Archived