Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Could be posted to what to expect thread as well... A young and inexperienced side that struggled to come to terms with the departures of Kevin Strootman and Dries Mertens had matured and the success that followed proved worth the wait.

Did anyone listen to the new Totally Football League Show? They asked a Turkish journalist about what Derby can expect from Cocu. He said that he's not very good at nurturing new talent. Really? A journalist who watched a manager up close for 15 games reckons he's no good at the thing that he's fairly well renowned for doing at PSV for four years. ?‍♂️

On a lighter note, has anyone noticed Phil’s eyes ... he could give Keogh a run for his money in the scary eyes dept.

talk about driven ! I doubt he’ll have any trouble communicating when he’s serious about something.

The other thing of critical importance and a also a potential problem area (not for me but according to Mrs Jono ) he looks as if he has a potential Bobby Chrarlton comb over in the early stages development 

40 minutes ago, jono said:

On a lighter note, has anyone noticed Phil’s eyes ... he could give Keogh a run for his money in the scary eyes dept.

talk about driven ! I doubt he’ll have any trouble communicating when he’s serious about something.

The other thing of critical importance and a also a potential problem area (not for me but according to Mrs Jono ) he looks as if he has a potential Bobby Chrarlton comb over in the early stages development 

Just showed Mrs Zagzig your post and his pic.

She said pfft... but he’s got a super tan and clearly even though I know nothing about football, someone that plays for Barca and Holland that many times, he’s also got some dosh.

So if he ends up a dark skinned, rich Bobby Charlton; looks like he’s still getting the female vote here ?

19 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Just showed Mrs Zagzig your post and his pic.

She said pfft... but he’s got a super tan and clearly even though I know nothing about football, someone that plays for Barca and Holland that many times, he’s also got some dosh.

So if he ends up a dark skinned, rich Bobby Charlton; looks like he’s still getting the female vote here ?

I see your point, but mrs jono has had a lifetime working for the fashion police where certain things are a 100% no no

Comb overs, being one. Then there is “the gap” - this is the bare skin after where your sock ends and your trouser leg begins. There are others, mostly relating to “that might have been ok in 1986 but it isn’t time for it to come round again yet !” 

On 01/08/2019 at 10:59, desirelines said:

Did anyone listen to the new Totally Football League Show? They asked a Turkish journalist about what Derby can expect from Cocu. He said that he's not very good at nurturing new talent. Really? A journalist who watched a manager up close for 15 games reckons he's no good at the thing that he's fairly well renowned for doing at PSV for four years. ?‍♂️

To be fair, most Derby fans judge Nigel Pearson on a similar number of games here, despite him clearly doing excellent work at Leicester.

It was bad though.

On 01/08/2019 at 09:59, desirelines said:

Not really got a lot of time for the Totallys anymore. Take themselves too seriously. Also rather annoyed me how post first-leg they had a Yorkshireman and a Red lapping it up and absolutely no mention of us turning it around second-leg…

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

Not really got a lot of time for the Totallys anymore. Take themselves too seriously. Also rather annoyed me how post first-leg they had a Yorkshireman and a Red lapping it up and absolutely no mention of us turning it around second-leg…

It does seem that if you're called Daniel and you're a Forest fan, you've got a guaranteed gig in football journalism. 

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, most Derby fans judge Nigel Pearson on a similar number of games here, despite him clearly doing excellent work at Leicester.

It was bad though.

The difference being Philip Cocu won multiple titles in the Netherlands, while Nigel Pearson's crowning achievement was only playing Mahrez after it became apparent his Leicester side were about to be relegated. 

Plus I don't think Cocu's ever done anything as bat s crazy as spunking £4 million on Ikechi Anya and replacing Chris Martin with Chris Weale.

Cracking interview with Phillip:

And yet, he says, England has always been drawn. "Of course I have had a great career as a player. But when I look back, I catch myself regretting that I didn't play in the Premier League. Not because I missed something sporty, but simply because I like how the English experience football. Well, now I'm in the middle of it. And I think it's wonderful to experience.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1583217854/exclusief-cocu-nu-al-thuis-in-engeland?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=/12ecea8lWJ?amp=1

31 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

It was indeed. And what's more, I'm willing to bet that had I been able to understand it, I'd have enjoyed it even more.

We live in an age of wonders, one minor one being instant automatic translation of text. Just open it in Chrome.

It's much more impressive when speaking to someone in your language, they hear it translated into theirs, respond in theirs and you hear it in yours.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We live in an age of wonders, one minor one being instant automatic translation of text. Just open it in Chrome.

It's much more impressive when speaking to someone in your language, they hear it translated into theirs, respond in theirs and you hear it in yours.

Not always. Some people can switch which language they're thinking in, too. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I opened it in Safari which retains the native language although you can get the gist of most of it.

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I opened it in Safari which retains the native language although you can get the gist of most of it.

Always good practice to read in the original. Chrome doesn't automatically translate - it gives you the choice. 

I'll never forget when I saw the original Word Lens translations (no web connection required). A company that was eventually bought out by Google and integrated into Google Translate. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Archived