Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting one this. I've said that questions need to be asked of Given because our keepers haven't improved under him at all imo. 

I watched a programme on Sky a while ago. I think it was soccerbox with Gary Neville and he had Rooney on it just going over his goals. 

It was filmed long before he came here.

But they had a game against Newcastle on and Rooney said before they played Newcastle they always new to put balls high in the box as they knew that was Given's weakness.

50 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’d argue that Butland has declined rapidly since working with Steele. 

I’d say the injury that put him out of the Euros is what did him in. 

Steele certainly had him visibly improving in the few games we had him though. 

Grant stopped flapping immediately as well. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Think Shay turned them down last year as he doesn’t want to move from Cheshire. 
if he does go Martin Taylor is not doing anything ?

I know you’re joking but I can’t resist making the point

Every ‘keeper we had under Clough, and thus Taylor, declined. No ‘keeper lasted more than one full season as #1 under them. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

I know you’re joking but I can’t resist making the point

Every ‘keeper we had under Clough, and thus Taylor, declined. No ‘keeper lasted more than one full season as #1 under them. 

How long did Fielding last? 

37 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Interesting one this. I've said that questions need to be asked of Given because our keepers haven't improved under him at all imo. 

I watched a programme on Sky a while ago. I think it was soccerbox with Gary Neville and he had Rooney on it just going over his goals. 

It was filmed long before he came here.

But they had a game against Newcastle on and Rooney said before they played Newcastle they always new to put balls high in the box as they knew that was Given's weakness.

I’ve seen a clip of Given training Roos getting criticised on Twitter by coaches due to the drills lack of practicality. It looked flashy but didn’t actually have any aspects that were transferable into a match situation. 

Then, one of the things Carson credited Zuberbuhler with was coaching ‘keepers not to come off of the line for one on ones. How many times did Carson get lobbed around Christmas time 2018? 

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Another reason for me to want to bludgeon Mr Rowett to an early demise with a huge knobbly cudgel.....?

He earned my eternal gratitude for doing one thing and one thing only, I bet you can't guess what that was? ?

Clue: he was stupid enough to do the complete opposite of this for an extra £5m or more just 1 season later!

Diclsclaimer: this is an entirely hypothetical quiz and no answers should be posted on the thread, or anywhere else, or they will 100% rightfully and justifiably  be deleted by @SaintRam ? ?

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He earned my eternal gratitude for doing one thing and one thing only, I bet you can't guess what that was? ?

Clue: he was stupid enough to do the complete opposite of this for an extra £5m or more just 1 season later!

Diclsclaimer: this is an entirely hypothetical quiz and no answers should be posted on the thread, or anywhere else, or they will 100% rightfully and justifiably  be deleted by @SaintRam ? ?

Resign?

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Bit harsh to suggest that SaintRam should resign just for doing his job!

Not so much a job as much as a masochistic hobby.

Did anyone spot the Chris van der Weerden interview on RamsTV the other day?

It was really interesting to hear about the plans for this season.

It sounds like the coaching team have learned a lot about the Championship over the last year... and which bits of their dutch philosophy will and won't work at this level.

He highlighted the way in which Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and Brentford played with more energy and intensity than us. He spoke about our fitness levels and said they weren't good enough last season.

He spoke about how the coaching team were planning some tactical changes for the team this season too.

I love the way that they are open about adapting their style and changing based on what they have learned being in England.

I am so inspired and positive about this coaching team!  

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Did anyone spot the Chris van der Weerden interview on RamsTV the other day?

It was really interesting to hear about the plans for this season.

It sounds like the coaching team have learned a lot about the Championship over the last year... and which bits of their dutch philosophy will and won't work at this level.

He highlighted the way in which Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and Brentford played with more energy and intensity than us. He spoke about our fitness levels and said they weren't good enough last season.

He spoke about how the coaching team were planning some tactical changes for the team this season too.

I love the way that they are open about adapting their style and changing based on what they have learned being in England.

I am so inspired and positive about this coaching team!  

Think this could mean they’re planning on using Marriott more often 

I've got to say I'm very pleased about this. What worked in Holland won't always work in England, it's a different ball game. Good to see they can be flexible and adapt their philosophy. There were a lot of calls last season from people saying cocus style of play is too slow and it won't work in the championship but it's encouraging to hear Chris talking about intensity saying we need to make more runs.

Archived