Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I’m saying is the signs are it’s done why else have some bookies closed it ....eg Frank was 16/1 and 20/1 early markets ....the day before it was announced he was 1/20 and then bookies closed the market...something is happening for sure whether anyone believes bookies ....they make there money along the way with rumours and people putting on bets but.....at the end the favourite gets the job....right at the end the fave gets it ...simple ....and then they close it ....bookies rarely lose 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t tend to believe much Journalists say, and I will make no exception here, but there is an interesting observation which Hynter makes which does shine a slightly different light on why Lampard is not yet gone:

Morris has not stood in Lampard’s way as the former Chelsea favourite closes on a return to Stamford Bridge. He has cast the net for a replacement, not wanting to sign off on Lampard’s release until he has one, and Cocu is in his sights.

I also read somewhere yesterday that Lampard was happy to come in and work Monday morning, but it was Mel who wanted him to attend to outstanding Chelsea matters. 

Lampard has perhaps been painted unfairly by a great many on here as to how he has conducted himself. l am still giving the bloke the benefit of the doubt, as nothing Mel has said to date would suggest he has been anything but professional and respectful throughout his time with us.

Can we still sign a new manager when we have lampard on the books,if that is so do hurry up chelsea

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t tend to believe much Journalists say, and I will make no exception here, but there is an interesting observation which Hynter makes which does shine a slightly different light on why Lampard is not yet gone:

Morris has not stood in Lampard’s way as the former Chelsea favourite closes on a return to Stamford Bridge. He has cast the net for a replacement, not wanting to sign off on Lampard’s release until he has one, and Cocu is in his sights.

I also read somewhere yesterday that Lampard was happy to come in and work Monday morning, but it was Mel who wanted him to attend to outstanding Chelsea matters. 

Lampard has perhaps been painted unfairly by a great many on here as to how he has conducted himself. l am still giving the bloke the benefit of the doubt, as nothing Mel has said to date would suggest he has been anything but professional and respectful throughout his time with us.

I believe this was mentioned on the TalkSport call. Frank offered to come in and take training but Mel told him to settle the discussions as it'd be unfair to the players.

17 minutes ago, Begley said:

PaddyPower had Thierry Henry at 1/20 the day before Smith was appointed. Hopefully for you guys that was a one off as Cocu is a top 6 PL manager imo and is the type of manager that could really take Derby to the next level and I don't just mean promotion to the PL

Top 6 manager?? He gave fenebarće there worst record in 111 years and was sacked after 4 months in his last managerial job? Hardly qualifies for an appointment with a top 6 PL team lets be realistic , but if he can show magic like he did with psv then by all means I would love him here

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think you are spot on in your first paragraph ,however it's not what Franks done it's more what he hasn't done ie put a stop to the social media circus like shall I stay or shall I go etc video's and not cutting short his holiday and doing it in Derby's time etc .FWIW I did enjoy having him here.

15 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Top 6 manager?? He gave fenebarće there worst record in 111 years and was sacked after 4 months in his last managerial job? Hardly qualifies for an appointment with a top 6 PL team lets be realistic , but if he can show magic like he did with psv then by all means I would love him here

1) it's Turkey... it's the Wild Wild West in footballing terms

2) 3 coaches were dismissed for plotting against him to get him sacked... leaking tactics etc

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wouldn't even contemplate wearing a red & white shirt, but I'd be very receptive to our third shirt being a remake of the late '70's orange away shirt... my first replica, and still my all time favourite.  Can you buy them anywhere? (No longer have my original, and I'm certainly not the same size as I was at 16 anyway!)

Lost a bit of weight then

Archived