Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cocu comes in I suspect we're looking at a serious warchest and a real tilt at automatic promotion.  No doubt that loanees will feature in the plans, but I can see a healthy amount for a couple of decent signings too.

First player I'm betting he looks at either way is van Ginkel - still owned by Chelsea, but played under Cocu at PSV in 2 loan spells (would have been 3 but for injury), great scoring record from midfield and was his captain despite only being a loanee.  Box to box midfielder who should be able to tear up this division.  Genuinely excited! 

29 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Most Dutch folk speak very good English.  Better than English people, especially those cousins up the road

Yes. I had a Dutch girlfriend, from Best, six miles from Eindhoven. Spoke excellent English. In fact she and her daughters agreed to always speak English at home. 

39 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It goes to show how young some peeps are on here that they've never heard of him.  Was a very classy player in his day, bit like Xavi, always seemed to have extra yard of space, a split second on the ball.  Shame we haven't got Mount coming back, as he could take him to another level again...

Would be over he moon if Mel can get it over the line.

He was quality, He was was the industry that allowed others to play ... whilst also having a beautiful footballing brain and touch to match 

well at least he was when I played with him in fifa 99 or whatever it was ??

John Percy‏Verified account @JPercyTelegraph 11m11 minutes ago

#dcfc are moving closer towards appointing Phillip Cocu as their new head coach. Understand Cocu’s proposed No 2, Twan Scheepers, has been given a tour of Derby’s training ground. Lampard to #cfc should be confirmed tonight/tmrw

Looks like its a done deal. Are the fans happy ?

Archived