Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rample said:

If Cocu comes in I suspect we're looking at a serious warchest and a real tilt at automatic promotion.  No doubt that loanees will feature in the plans, but I can see a healthy amount for a couple of decent signings too.

First player I'm betting he looks at either way is van Ginkel - still owned by Chelsea, but played under Cocu at PSV in 2 loan spells (would have been 3 but for injury), great scoring record from midfield and was his captain despite only being a loanee.  Box to box midfielder who should be able to tear up this division.  Genuinely excited! 

Agree with your points, although I have my doubts over how much he'll be given to spend. 

Assuming he tries to sign 5/6 players based on our current squad:

Van Ginkel would be a decent midfield shout, wouldn't cost much being a loan and brings the Lampard to Chelsea deal full circle. 

Narsingh: didn't light up the league with Swansea but was a very good player under Cocu, can see that being one of the first calls he makes. Free agent too. 

Jeffrey Bruma: CB signed for big money (£10 mill) by Wolfsburg, fell out of favour and signed for schalke on loan. Transfermarkt has him valued at £2.25 million, wouldn't imagine he'd break the bank. Good age too at 27.

Bound to have some knowledge of lower level players back in Holland too. This mixed with the existing targets identified by the club we'll unlikely spend more than £15 mill. Probably £5 Mill of that coming from the Lampard deal. 

Very outside possibility too: Locadia at Brighton played under Cocu. We'd have to break our transfer record for him but he fell out of favour last season. New boss might like him but they're already making attacking big money signings this summer so he may be surplus. 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

He was quality, He was was the industry that allowed others to play ... whilst also having a beautiful footballing brain and touch to match 

well at least he was when I played with him in fifa 99 or whatever it was ??

Real life as well ?

8 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

.....Very outside possibility too: Locadia at Brighton played under Cocu. We'd have to break our transfer record for him but he fell out of favour last season. New boss might like him but they're already making attacking big money signings this summer so he may be surplus......

Don't forget that Brighton keep being linked with Bogle - don't realy want him to go, but if it provides the funds we need.....

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just one question,

does this mean my big dave v Wassall thread is dead in the water ?

Not dead... schinking a little though.

Archived