Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But I can see him going on loan to a premier league club. 

Genuine question, do you think he's good enough for a Premier League club? He scored a lot of goals for us, but his all round play wasn't always amazing.

Not sure I really want him back. Great free kicks, and when given a sight of goal, but the problem for me is he is missing most of the game, and does little other than score the odd screamer. Lawrence goes missing i games too, so having both those players in the side is for me one of the reasons we found it hard o break teams down sometimes.

44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Genuine question, do you think he's good enough for a Premier League club? He scored a lot of goals for us, but his all round play wasn't always amazing.

50/50?

I reckon he’d go well at the Blades in that Fleck role,they work hard enough to fit him in?Maybe?

I could be talking crap?

2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

50/50?

I reckon he’d go well at the Blades in that Fleck role,they work hard enough to fit him in?Maybe?

I could be talking crap?

Is he a Chris Wilder type of player? In my mind, his teams are all about hard work and less about talent, but he could probably fit in if they moved people about. Even so, he does have a tendency to go missing sometimes.

While I agree his screamers often plastered over sub-par general performances, imagine he was our player instead of a loan, we'd be backing him to have a scorcher of a 2nd season so I'd welcome him back.

Would love to see how a higher class of technical coaching from Cocu could transform his game because there's some serious talent there which is the only part that can't be coached...

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Is he a Chris Wilder type of player? In my mind, his teams are all about hard work and less about talent, but he could probably fit in if they moved people about. Even so, he does have a tendency to go missing sometimes.

I agree mate,he’s probably not got enough work rate for Wilder.

You would have thought any of the promoted teams plus Newcastle,Burnley etc would jump at him but don’t see enough.

I reckon if Mount was available there would be no shortage of teams in,including Man Utd.

They’d probably have enough work in the others to fit him in.

To be honest I wouldn’t have had Ravel Morrison down for Wilder.

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I agree mate,he’s probably not got enough work rate for Wilder.

You would have thought any of the promoted teams plus Newcastle,Burnley etc would jump at him but don’t see enough.

I reckon if Mount was available there would be no shortage of teams in,including Man Utd.

They’d probably have enough work in the others to fit him in.

To be honest I wouldn’t have had Ravel Morrison down for Wilder.

Mount is just an incredible talent, and he is also always involved in the games. Creates, scores, and is always available to take a pass. Same with Tomori, he had some faults, but he had the things most centre backs at this level lack, especially pace. I would take both of them back. Wilson? Meh, not bothered.

We all know there was periods he disappeared, but he is still quite young and you'd be mad not to want a match-winning talent like that at your disposal for another season. That said, don't think there's a lot in this and it's quite obvious that of course we'd want him should Liverpool want to send him to the Championship again.

Wilson could definitely benefit from another season of Championship football to improve his all round game. I have no doubt that he would be able to catch a few highlights in the Premier League, but he’s got a lot of improvement to do before he reaches his potential. He would benefit in an environment where he can make mistakes and still start the next game. I feel a Premier League move would end up similarly to Abraham at Swansea. 

One of my first thoughts when any new manager is to compare your current players with the managers previous team. 

Wilson is very much in the mould of Lozano. If he's given the freedom to stick to an attacking role he'd excel. Wilson looked lost whenever he was expected to track back but so far Cocu seems to like the central striker to play off to the wingers. 

Yes from me, also could fill the midfield creativity void. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Much rather have this lad in my team, than not in it.

I'd agree.

My overall view is that he's going to end up as an Ince-like player. Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Prem.

Which makes a perm fee of around £12m about right in my book.

Only a handful of relegated teams could afford that. I don't think any Prem teams will take a chance to be honest.

There might be a chance of getting him back on a loan to buy deal. If rumours are true, Liverpool are looking to cash-in on him

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

We all know there was periods he disappeared, but he is still quite young and you'd be mad not to want a match-winning talent like that at your disposal for another season. That said, don't think there's a lot in this and it's quite obvious that of course we'd want him should Liverpool want to send him to the Championship again.

Good point. He will be a year older, will have learned a lot. He’s also going to be physically stronger and tougher than 12 months ago. 

Like others I have my reservations (going missing, falling over )  but he does have that finishing and speed of thought that can change games.

his desirability rests on how our midfield anchor sets up. How good will Shinnie be, is George getting another go, and what about Hudds ? .. it’s a recipe not one player 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Out of the 3 loans we had he would be the 3rd choice for me to come back.

Obviously I'd be really happy to have him back. 

Although I agree with you that he would probably be my third choice of the three to have back, he would be way way ahead of many others. Definitely a yes from me, even though I can't see it happening.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Out of the 3 loans we had he would be the 3rd choice for me to come back.

Obviously I'd be really happy to have him back. 

We had four loans ? Andy King - remember him - anyway I agree with you but Tomori was better than we expected and Mount was a quality rarely seen especially in the championship but Wilson was one who carried us when Mount was injured and provided vital goals and if we could have him again well that would be fantastic on that front and a real statement of intent and we must have a realistic chance as Klopp may well trust Cocu with Wilson and the lad himself might just fancy it again - well I hope so because he won us plenty of games  

Archived