Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were Liverpool you'd surely have 3 routes in mind for him this summer:

1) He's a regular 1st team squad member that has a chance of playing some minutes (unlikely as you'd think he'd be way down pecking order)

2) Sell to capitalise on a heightened reputation from his time with us, headline grabbing goals etc etc

3) Loan to the next level to further his development e.g Lower end Prem, Bundesliga etc

out of those:

1) He's not coming here

2) He'd cost comfortably over £10 million, probably closer to £20 million (hell based on MIngs transfer he could be worth anything) - also He's not coming here.

3) He's not coming here

Really can't see any value in him having a 3rd championship loan from Liverpool or the player;s POV.  Unless they find themselves in a situation where option 1) is not happening and the other 2 choices there is no one who will take him, I find it hard to imagine there would not be other clubs after him.

I would take him back in a heart beat but would be very surprised.

1 hour ago, Floppy Sausage said:

Not sure I really want him back. Great free kicks, and when given a sight of goal, but the problem for me is he is missing most of the game, and does little other than score the odd screamer. Lawrence goes missing i games too, so having both those players in the side is for me one of the reasons we found it hard o break teams down sometimes.

Then drop Lawrence and play the better player

If you don’t want him back on loan, I really do despair. People criticise him for not impacting the game whilst conveniently ignoring the number of points he won for us on his own last season.

He’s Tom Lawrence but far, far better. I suppose he’s what we hoped Tom Lawrence would be.

The thing is between him and Mount there's 29 goals and 11 assists (according to BBC) we need to replace next season. We had it the previous year when Vydra left we were wondering who would fill the void. 

Its a question you don't want to be pondering come the first game. I think in all our heads its Marriott the most likely candidate to score the goals but its all dependent on game time and the service. 

Would have Wilson back straight away if possible but think it is incredibly unlikely. 

2 hours ago, DCFCTom84 said:

1) He's a regular 1st team squad member that has a chance of playing some minutes (unlikely as you'd think he'd be way down pecking order)

2) Sell to capitalise on a heightened reputation from his time with us, headline grabbing goals etc etc

3) Loan to the next level to further his development e.g Lower end Prem, Bundesliga etc

out of those:

1) He's not coming here

2) He'd cost comfortably over £10 million, probably closer to £20 million (hell based on MIngs transfer he could be worth anything) - also He's not coming here.

3) He's not coming here

Really can't see any value in him having a 3rd championship loan from Liverpool or the player;s POV.  Unless they find themselves in a situation where option 1) is not happening and the other 2 choices there is no one who will take him, I find it hard to imagine there would not be other clubs after him.

I think our hope will be that in option 3 there are no Prem teams that want him and he'd rather come here than move abroad.

Don't forget that you've got players like Mitrovic, (Grealish) etc who if they excel in this league their value still rockets. Liverpool could loan him back to us and still demand a higher fee next summer than this. As far as Liverpool are concerned I think their performances across competitions last season leaves Wilson slightly surplus to requirements at least compared to last year which means hopefully we're in a good place to profit.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

This is where I hope he’d utilise Rosenior’s input, he can only have good things to report surely. 

Not exactly - if he's being truthful he'd say bad points:

1) horrendously one-footed

2) can go missing in games where he's not given chance to get on the ball

but then good points

1) can bang you goals from nowhere and you will definitely need that for all the interminable championship slogs against the teams who park the bus and stifle any attempt at tactics you might try

No debate for me and no ned to rate him against other past loans either. Would he improve the current squad and can he win us games? I think we all know the answers to both those questions. The only doubt for me is whether or not Liverpool might prefer him to play in the Prem this year assuming there's a club who fancy him and can guarantee a fair few starts.

4 hours ago, DCFCTom84 said:

out of those:

1) He's not coming here

3) He's not coming here

Or he is lower prem quality, no one is willing to cough up 12.5 million and Derby will pay to have him for another season. Might not change his value or potential but they might decide to love him and pay us a shed load if they go up, or he is part of a promotion winning side and others start to think about stumping up 

Archived