The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So the obvious question now is whether, knowing what actions will negate our default style  whether we can adapt. Push a wide player further forward and play longer to the wings? To cut out the press?

Said on another thread that I was disappointed that Cocu took so long to push Rooney further forward. And I think that shows that he will stubbornly stick to his plan.

Will be interesting to see if other teams try to copy the Forest blueprint against us, as a few teams did back in Mac One times after Wigan had showed the way.

Looking at our remaining fixtures I dont see any of the teams trying it against us.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

What you on about, we get to see it on TV.

I've I've been to a Robbie Williams concert 7 years ago..

Don't forget Forest won there when Carl Froch fought in front of 80,000 people (not that you will hear him mention it). That's what all my mates were telling me anyway. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Said on another thread that I was disappointed that Cocu took so long to push Rooney further forward. And I think that shows that he will stubbornly stick to his plan.

Will be interesting to see if other teams try to copy the Forest blueprint against us, as a few teams did back in Mac One times after Wigan had showed the way.

Looking at our remaining fixtures I dont see any of the teams trying it against us.

This is a key point.

WBA, Brentford and Leeds will all be confident of beating us doing what they normally do, which will give us a bit of space to do what we do well. If we had to play Forest another 5 times I wouldn't be hopeful just because they have a style and organization that's exactly set up to stop teams like us and they are good enough at it to be effective.

Forest won't be an easy opponent for anyone but they're not a great team or a special team. Just good at what they do. They're about where we were under Rowett, perhaps a bit better. Forest fans forget, we've watch a Rowett side get to the play offs, and they were OK but not lovable.

Sith Happens
22 hours ago, Alpha said:

Forest fans still aren't going to get to see Wembley are they? 

What a season you picked to be good. You should have tried it before. 

I cant see why it is being played at Wembley when no fans.

Surely in the interests of limiting the contact players and staff have with people then a neutral ground at an equal distance for both clubs would be a better idea than making them travel to wembley, unless of course Wembley proves the better 'mid way' stadium.

So lets say it was Derby Forest, why make the players travel to London, probably staying in a hotel the night before, more staff needed at wembley most likely, just play it at Villa Park or something like that.

On 04/07/2020 at 17:27, eezzeetiger said:

I hope you lads make the play off and we play you.

I didn't see anything from you today that looks like you might though....you are the worst team I've seen us play.

The 3-0 team looked better

You made us look good

On 04/07/2020 at 21:04, reverendo de duivel said:

That's exactly what Leeds said last season.

On 05/07/2020 at 12:52, Wolfie20 said:

That's what the Dirties thought and look what happened to them 

That's at least 7 people I now know have me on ignore!?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Surely in the interests of limiting the contact players and staff have with people then a neutral ground at an equal distance for both clubs would be a better idea than making them travel to wembley, unless of course Wembley proves the better 'mid way' stadium.

So lets say it was Derby Forest, why make the players travel to London, probably staying in a hotel the night before, more staff needed at wembley most likely, just play it at Villa Park or something like that.

Both fa cup semi finals are still at Wembley i beleive. Both games a day apart with both sets of mancs in London around the same time. That doesn't really make sense either

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

You are just trying to prevent your players having a night out before the game.

Can i suggest the game is played in Magaluf, same distance from EMA, and get Keogh to sort out taxis home!!

On 05/07/2020 at 21:33, Will Hughes Hair said:

Come on. 2-0 up from the first leg there is no way the 2 times champions of Europe could lose to a team that had been non-league for their entire existence up until 2003.  Just. Not. Possible.

Sat in a Gravesend pub watching, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

I was in Dublin airport for the first leg, when the gumps won at Yeovil, only catching snippets of the action. The second leg saw the Memsahib and I on holiday in Bruges, and we weren't able to watch it live.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I was in Dublin airport for the first leg, when the gumps won at Yeovil, only catching snippets of the action. The second leg saw the Memsahib and I on holiday in Bruges, and we weren't able to watch it live.

How can anyone ever forget all the Wembley T shirts they ordered on another forum and the "Where are you sitting at Wembley thread" they had. They were pretty much convinced it was done and dusted, the fall out was amazing.

On 06/07/2020 at 08:09, G STAR RAM said:

Yep spot on. We were poor because you had a game plan that nullified the way we play.

I've seen people saying you came and parked the bus but, in the game I watched, every time Hamer had the ball you had 5 or 6 players in our half to stop us playing out.

The only time Rooney had any time on the ball was when he was stood 10 yards behind our centre backs.

Good away performance by you to be fair and the game should have been out of our reach long before the 97th minute.

Spot on.  But I hope he asks for some punctuation when he makes his Christmas list this year...

On 05/07/2020 at 21:33, Will Hughes Hair said:

Come on. 2-0 up from the first leg there is no way the 2 times champions of Europe could lose to a team that had been non-league for their entire existence up until 2003.  Just. Not. Possible.

Sat in a Gravesend pub watching, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Derby promoted. Leeds relegated to league one and Forest staying there having lost to Yeovil. 2007 if Carlsberg did football seasons.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby promoted. Leeds relegated to league one and Forest staying there having lost to Yeovil. 2007 if Carlsberg did football seasons.

I thought that was the season we don't talk about?

Ignore me, brain fart.

Archived