The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Can anybody clarify why they think Liverpool are still their big traditional rivals???  Was talking to a Red Dog (I know, I know...) and he was saying that, supposedly, LFC still sing about them...  I call Betty Swollocks myself

It’ll be sung in a derogatory fashion no doubt. Besides, there won’t be many Liverpool fans who can remember their antics 40 years ago. 

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Can anybody clarify why they think Liverpool are still their big traditional rivals???  Was talking to a Red Dog (I know, I know...) and he was saying that, supposedly, LFC still sing about them...  I call Betty Swollocks myself

Were they wearing half spurs, half gump shirts at the weekend, if not they're not real rivals.

On 07/04/2019 at 18:33, Red_Dawn said:

I'd agree with what stoners has already put.. Love you Martin, but not nearly good enough or playing with a style that's acceptable.

Wouldn't trust the current setup to sort my weekly big shop, let alone our summer transfer budget. 

You just watch him sell Carvalho for McLean and a few Irish cloggers.. 

That @Red_Dawn knows the score.  I've put a tenner on Glenn Whelan being their first marquee this summer!

Clutching at straws, they have been insignificant for 20 years.  Yes once they where a great club, champions of Europe, etc. Not so nowadays

The difference between them and us?  We hope for great times, they think they are entitled to great times.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Clutching at straws, they have been insignificant for 20 years.  Yes once they where a great club, not champions of Europe, etc. Not so nowadays

The difference between them and us?  We hope for great times, they think they are entitled to great times.

Just added one word to make the above statement applicable to Leeds.

On 05/06/2019 at 09:46, McRamFan said:

Clutching at straws, they have been insignificant for 20 years.  Yes once they where a great club, champions of Europe, etc. Not so nowadays

Strange that - they never mention it.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Did he play for Notts Forest?

Barely. Going off Transfermarkt, he played 235 minutes for them in all competition. He scored twice in that time, which to be fair to him isn't too bad going. Hardly ended up lighting the league up like Forest fans seemed to be convinced he would, mind you.

It's a good question: I would suggest that by the rules the EFL would allow them to purchase him at his current amortised value? 

I.e. signed for £2m on a three year deal, assuming it has been spread evenly over the cost of his contract, he would be worth £666,666.66 per year remaining on his contract. It's what the club have him down as an asset to the club as, therefore it would be difficult to argue that it isn't his current market value - of course without a submitted bid from another club (although I'm not entirely sure how that would work). 

It's certainly a move for FFP, but I think the value of the player would be heavily scrutinised as was our move to sell the stadium. We had to have the stadium valued independently and  have the entire thing ticked off by the EFL. I imagine something similar would have been in motion when moving players on to other clubs a chairman owns - or has  shares in. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's a good question: I would suggest that by the rules the EFL would allow them to purchase him at his current amortised value? 

I.e. signed for £2m on a three year deal, assuming it has been spread evenly over the cost of his contract, he would be worth £666,666.66 per year remaining on his contract. It's what the club have him down as an asset to the club as, therefore it would be difficult to argue that it isn't his current market value - of course without a submitted bid from another club (although I'm not entirely sure how that would work). 

It's certainly a move for FFP, but I think the value of the player would be heavily scrutinised as was our move to sell the stadium. We had to have the stadium valued independently and  have the entire thing ticked off by the EFL. I imagine something similar would have been in motion when moving players on to other clubs a chairman owns - or has  shares in. 

I wonder if they were similarly scrutinised when they were sponsored by fawaz fridges. 

I notice they’ve had the lease in their stadium renewed for 250 years. And they probably still won’t have renovated by then. But in the bright side for them, they might still be in it as the glory days return on the 300 the cycle if success - like Hayley’s comet. 

Archived