The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

If you can get wins from West Brom, Brentford, Cardiff, and Leeds - you probably deserve it more than we do anyway.. 

Expectation management aside, wouldn't fancy us to win the playoffs even we make them. 

Strange things can happen in the play offs.

We were a better team than QPR and we shat it, leeds were a better team than us last year and we put them out.

Billy Davies poohoused a very good WBA side when we went up.

Long as you get in em there's a chance. Unless rowett is your manager and decide defending for 90mins a one goal lead in the second leg is the way to go. On reflection, yeah, sorry Dawnie, you probably won't win the play offs.

7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

If you can get wins from West Brom, Brentford, Cardiff, and Leeds - you probably deserve it more than we do anyway.. 

Expectation management aside, wouldn't fancy us to win the playoffs even we make them. 

You're pretty safely in them aren't you? Can't see you not being there.

Our only chance is chasing down Cardiff. Trust me you boys are nowhere near the anti-football levels of that mob....?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

But I thought that Forest were incredible and stopped us playing completely the other day, and it was nothing to do with us being rubbish. 

They didnt stop us playing, we had 68% of the possession I think, the fact that we didnt have a chance until the 97th minute tells you they must be doing something right though.

It's just silly to give them no credit at all.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They didnt stop us playing, we had 68% of the possession I think, the fact that we didnt have a chance until the 97th minute tells you they must be doing something right though.

It's just silly to give them no credit at all.

We were just crap. Nothing to do with them.

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We were just crap. Nothing to do with them.

We managed to retain possession for 68% of the match.

We just weren't good enough to break them down.

More worryingly we failed to adapt even when this was becoming obvious after about 30 minutes.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We managed to retain possession for 68% of the match.

We just weren't good enough to break them down.

More worryingly we failed to adapt even when this was becoming obvious after about 30 minutes.

Every time we got it in the final third the ball was terrible or a first touch was heavy and it was cleared. Our attackers were poor and we don't have a deep enough squad to really provide more creativity. I honestly don't think it was about the opposition in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Every time we got it in the final third the ball was terrible or a first touch was heavy and it was cleared. Our attackers were poor and we don't have a deep enough squad to really provide more creativity. I honestly don't think it was about the opposition in the slightest.

Nothing to do with the fact that neither Rooney, Bird or Sibley being allowed to get on the ball in positions where they could hurt the opposition then?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with the fact that neither Rooney, Bird or Sibley being allowed to get on the ball in positions where they could hurt the opposition then?

We had the ball in the right positions plenty of time, just a lack of quality from our part. A better team than us would have opened them up. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We had the ball in the right positions plenty of time, just a lack of quality from our part. A better team than us would have opened them up. 

A few examples?

I remember Sibley getting in a good position maybe once or twice.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

A few examples?

I remember Sibley getting in a good position maybe once or twice.

Honestly not really a game that sticks in the memory. We had the ball plenty of times with the fullbacks in good positions to cross, Sibley had good positions, Duane Holmes had it in dangerous spots at times. We just didn't use the ball well on Saturday. Not sure how it's got anything to do with Nottingham Forest when our players cross without looking up or slow the tempo down completely.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Honestly not really a game that sticks in the memory. We had the ball plenty of times with the fullbacks in good positions to cross, Sibley had good positions, Duane Holmes had it in dangerous spots at times. We just didn't use the ball well on Saturday. Not sure how it's got anything to do with Nottingham Forest when our players cross without looking up or slow the tempo down completely.

Maybe Forest were happy to let our full backs have the ball in them positions and concentrated more on not letting Rooney, Bird and Sibley get the ball in dangerous central positions.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe Forest were happy to let our full backs have the ball in them positions and concentrated more on not letting Rooney, Bird and Sibley get the ball in dangerous central positions.

I'm finding the circular argument pretty tedious now, so this will be my last post on it - I find the notion that it was Forest's plan for all of our players to have a collective off day pretty nonsensical, Bird and Rooney being wasteful on the ball wasn't due to some supreme press, it was just slack passing. Martin blocking the ball away from Sibley who has a tap in behind him, did they plan for that too? 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm finding the circular argument pretty tedious now, so this will be my last post on it - I find the notion that it was Forest's plan for all of our players to have a collective off day pretty nonsensical, Bird and Rooney being wasteful on the ball wasn't due to some supreme press, it was just slack passing. Martin blocking the ball away from Sibley who has a tap in behind him, did they plan for that too? 

No I doubt they plan to try and intercept passes, I guess our whole team just did poor passing constantly for 97 minutes.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I doubt they plan to try and intercept passes, I guess our whole team just did poor passing constantly for 97 minutes.

Constantly for 97 minutes???

Don't you mean consistently for 97 minutes?

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is probably the case. We're not a side that uses crosses a lot in our play. We're the second lowest crossers of the ball in the league, only QPR having attempted fewer crosses over the season, and we have recorded the lowest number of key passes from crosses of any side. We generally prefer to play through the middle when near the opposition goal, within the width of the penalty area. Forest generally denied us space in this area and forced most of our attacks wide because they would have rightly have assumed that we would be less of a threat if we're forced to play in a style where most of our attacks are in the form that we least regularly use.

Archived