Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

If you missed the disallowed goals Kian Malhi has them in his footage:-

A lot of talk about Huddlestone´s challenge on Webster being equally worthy of a red. I genuinely don´t remember it. Was it the challenge on 5min 29s of this video. If so, no.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Watching the highlights back, Johnson was excellent breaking up the play in front of Huddlestone and then giving him the ball to do what Tom does. Worked really well.

Credit to Roos too, keeping a lot of clean sheets and everything stuck to him yesterday barring that one shaky moment, when they hit the bar 

Its become an interesting situation for both.

johnno is still in good physical shape, and poses a threat in the air. When he's good he is a warrior. His recent contribution must be making people think about giving him another year.

roos is developing fast. His confidence used to look fragile but doesn't now. He's also starting to boss the players around him. Its the mental side for him now - to exude confidence and become a leader. 

Hard fought win but let's face it, we got away with it a bit. We looked dangerous on the counter attack and deserved our goals but cannot believe Bristol didn't score. There was a lot of hard work and determination from our team but some of the quality (winning 2nd balls etc) wasn't there or limited. Loved the heroic defending when needed. Didn't think Bristol deserved to lose but that's football!!

1 minute ago, Davide said:

Didn't think Bristol deserved to lose but that's football!!

Really? I thought whilst Bristol had a couple of good opportunities, most of them were only half chances, whereas we missed some pretty good ones, like Johnson missing when clean through, being maybe unfortunate with two offside goals. When we had the ball I thought we looked quite likely to score every time we came forward.

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really? I thought whilst Bristol had a couple of good opportunities, most of them were only half chances, whereas we missed some pretty good ones, like Johnson missing when clean through, being maybe unfortunate with two offside goals. When we had the ball I thought we looked quite likely to score every time we came forward.

We definitely looked dangerous on the counter, I agree. I wish I could see the disallowed goals again, great moves. What I mean is Bristol should have worked Roos harder, they got into some good positions and had a number of shots which should have done better.

Just now, Davide said:

We definitely looked dangerous on the counter, I agree. I wish I could see the disallowed goals again, great moves. What I mean is Bristol should have worked Roos harder, they got into some good positions and had a number of shots which should have done better.

Definitely agree with that, which is why I think they deserved to lose. Bristol mainly just gave Roos routine saves, they had a lot of the ball but the only clear cut chances they created were from corners, one cleared from Waghorn and the other hit the bar. You could see the difference of quality in attacking talent that is for sure.

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

There is a story of a place near the Suspension drink that has/had its own local brew.

Someone who went and was a fairly heavy drinker there apparently had 2 pints and blacked out.

Personally I rarely drink, but because of things like social anxiety causing adrenaline to be released I need 2-3 pints to get to the point of normal people when they are sober.

Then when the adrenaline wears off and I'm more relaxed all the alcohol hits me all at once. So I go from completely sober despite a few drinks, to no memory of the night at all in the blink of an eye.

On one hand it means I always have bloody weird things happen which is entertaining, on the other hand I've blown £300 on drinks for one night in the past.

**Suspension bridge, drink definitely not on my mind.

You have our empathy, JamesBCFC. ?

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Mason Mount is getting nowhere near enough credit for his pre-assist for the second goal. It was outrageous. 02:30 on the video:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11705313/bristol-city-0-2-derby

Unbelievable to flick that up and pass it that accurately.

The lad's different class. Can you imagine if we'd had him available all season?

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Hats off to B4. He always has faith that Mason will be a winner.

Also a lot of credit has to go to Frank and his coaching team, Mason Bennett has improved no end since Frank has arrived, seems to pick a pass now, which he never did in the past, think Frank is giving the younger players a lot of confidence, for me Bennett was excellent when he came on.

An outstanding result, one I suspect even the most optimistic Derby fan was unsure we would get. I knew it would be a season defining game, but with our away form, it seemed unlikely in the extreme that we would come away with a win. I sort of expected a draw. When Tomori went off injured, I have to admit I was hoping to scrap out a draw. I think it was the perfect game for us for a number of reasons:

1) I pointed out before the game, in the Carson/Roos thread, that Roos has a decent record since he became number one but hasn't been challenged. In fact, he had the lowest save count per appearance out of any Championship keeper to make more than one game. He showed that he can be relied on when under the cosh. 11 saves, equating to a clean sheet. 

2) George Evans proving his worth. When we signed Evans, it was one of those headscratchers because we signed a player for next to nothing from a rival in our division and he'd struggled to establish himself. He started his career quite brightly, although more recently he has shown some worrying signs. This game was really make or break for the lad, if he had a bad game and we lost - can you imagine the vitriol that would have been levelled in his direction? It's not worth thinking about. He showed a lot of character and showed that he may well be a long-term prospect at CB even as a number 3 or 4. Regardless, I think that performance and result has almost made his negligible fee worth while on its own. 

3) Character! We're Derby County. The proverbial bottlers. We bottle it year-on-year. We perhaps don't have the ceiling we had under Mac1, but the character is really showing through at the moment. We can scrap with the best of them, plus we have match winners that can make a difference if given half a chance. 

4) Mason Mount. When you think about standout players in the Championship, not many hold a candle to this guy and he's in form at the most important time of the season. He had a huge influence in both goals. 

Finally, 5) Form! we're hitting form at the right time. It's not just the results are going our way, barring some hiccups, but we're playing a lot better. I don't believe we're playing at our best, but we're doing the right things and making the right decisions more often than not. A league away from where we were throughout our slump.

We have a couple of games left, the Swansea game will be the most difficult. WBA have checked out of the regular season, so will be taking no chances playing against a motivated and undoubtedly aggressive Derby side at home. Swansea have been in decent form recently and will no doubt want to put on a show for their last home game. It will be highly competitive. WBA, I imagine will be a game we need to win and will. 

Archived