Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What’s the verdict on the two offside decisions? Both looked onside in real time

5 minutes ago, David said:

Lawrence looked on, Bennett just off

Frank was very upfront in the post-match interview on RD that Lawrence's was on, as well. Bennett was definitely off though.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Do you deserve to win because you controlled the game better, had more of the ball, more chances, not really.

It was one of those games where we will say if you don't put the ball in the net, you don't deserve to win it's as simple as that. How you didn't put the ball in the net I'll never know, whilst our defending was heroic at times we also had lady luck (not Sky or EFL) on our side.

When you wasn't able to scramble it in at the start of the second half I suddenly felt more relaxed, like I knew it was going to be one of those days. 

Was a very Gary Rowettesque performance, defended like champs and hit you on the break and put the ball in the net.

Other way round I would feel absolutely gutted, sick to the stomach given what was on the line, so to come on and offer an unbiased view on the game so soon after, fair play, many fans would come on and give some abusive stuff and shown the door.

56 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Does the better team or whatever euphemism you use win every match day though, we did enough to beat you which is the bottom line.

Whether we were better in parentheses on the day is irrelevant.

I did literally say that you put the ball in the net 4 times and we didn't once, so in that sense your win was deserved.

Back to my Cider now, on some local brew, so duck knows the strength!

long time since my last post but cant help myself today lol!! what a performance what a win buzzing right now there was so much fight and character that i dint expect from us to be honist cus for so long now weve fallen in the big games of the season and ironicly today out all games last few sesions i expected us to fail when normaly im a blind faith fan and they step up bigtime playing perfect away game when needed even when tomori got injured and every derby fan thought were ducked now they pulled it out thanks to a master class from george crazy i no stil think dreaming now lol.

weldone to frank cus lets be honist did any of us think he would play huds and brad together i certanly didnt and no there was talk about it on here and nearly all of us shut it down as wont happen to slow cant play together etc and it worked a treat today watching the game i can safley say thats were game was won! everything everyone said bout them 2 together was correct in my view but in my honist opionion and eyes (altho there in beer goggles) this is were we won the game cus if lamps whent with wilson and mount togheter  (easy option in my mind)  we would never of won this game and lamps for me showed he going be great manager having balls to do that even tho huds ant been involved in any of good games recently and he would been slaughted if it didnt work out as they ant played many game together all season and big change when team been playing ok but it was needed in this gmae allowing mount lawrence and wilson stay further up field stoping bristol going gun how and putting us under alot more sustained pressure than it was as they was always worried bout our frount 4 on break which wouldnt happened if we had the 1 def mid making our frount 3 sitting deeper to protect us allowing even more pressure as for me thats been our big problem on the road cus we cant cope with being pen in for longtime with balls constantly coming into the box we always crack.  anyway sorry for the esay and many might disagre but master stroke from frank if we do go up i think were going far till chelsea nick frank back lol to all derby fans enjoy and sing our hearts out every min me and my 2 boy 11 and 9 certainly did as were are on way to promotion its writen in stars for frank i belive

59 minutes ago, eddie said:

He's a fruit juice swigging student.

Now I remember proper cider in Bristol at the 3 Lamps Tavern in Totterdown back in 1985. My first day working at Imperial, and I went to the bar just down from my digs on Wells Road in the evening. My usual request for the first night in a new pub of "I'll have a pint of what the locals drink" was met by the landlord with "Oh, you want a pint o' that there zgrump".

"Ah, cider - women's drink" I replied.

4 pints later, the landlord told me that I walked around the pool table twice before I made it to the bog.

I stick to Belgian beer nowadays.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I did literally say that you put the ball in the net 4 times and we didn't once, so in that sense your win was deserved.

Uh oh

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

James - can you still get Smiles beer in Bristol?

Enjoyed that in the 90s- that's 1990s before Burtonram starts.....?

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

James - can you still get Smiles beer in Bristol?

Enjoyed that in the 90s- that's 1990s before Burtonram starts.....?

No idea, apparently the brewery who made it shut in 2004 and I was only 9 then!

Another brewery made it for at least the next 3 years. Might be able to find it in some obscure hipster place.

There's also a place in Bristol with something like 200 different drinks on tap, so I might have to rediscover where that is next week once I'm paid.

Well what a result that was!!! Away to one of our closest rivals having not won away from home in 2019. Lose our POTY on 11 minutes and replace with a makeshift CH.  Win 2-0 with a performance full of grit, determination & character. Can’t wait to read the positive comments & praise from ALL MEMBERS OF THE FORUM on here. It’s in our hands. Well done Frank & the boys. COYR. 

54 minutes ago, devonram1980 said:

long time since my last post but cant help myself today lol!! what a performance what a win buzzing right now there was so much fight and character that i dint expect from us to be honist cus for so long now weve fallen in the big games of the season and ironicly today out all games last few sesions i expected us to fail when normaly im a blind faith fan and they step up bigtime playing perfect away game when needed even when tomori got injured and every derby fan thought were ducked now they pulled it out thanks to a master class from george crazy i no stil think dreaming now lol.

weldone to frank cus lets be honist did any of us think he would play huds and brad together i certanly didnt and no there was talk about it on here and nearly all of us shut it down as wont happen to slow cant play together etc and it worked a treat today watching the game i can safley say thats were game was won! everything everyone said bout them 2 together was correct in my view but in my honist opionion and eyes (altho there in beer goggles) this is were we won the game cus if lamps whent with wilson and mount togheter  (easy option in my mind)  we would never of won this game and lamps for me showed he going be great manager having balls to do that even tho huds ant been involved in any of good games recently and he would been slaughted if it didnt work out as they ant played many game together all season and big change when team been playing ok but it was needed in this gmae allowing mount lawrence and wilson stay further up field stoping bristol going gun how and putting us under alot more sustained pressure than it was as they was always worried bout our frount 4 on break which wouldnt happened if we had the 1 def mid making our frount 3 sitting deeper to protect us allowing even more pressure as for me thats been our big problem on the road cus we cant cope with being pen in for longtime with balls constantly coming into the box we always crack.  anyway sorry for the esay and many might disagre but master stroke from frank if we do go up i think were going far till chelsea nick frank back lol to all derby fans enjoy and sing our hearts out every min me and my 2 boy 11 and 9 certainly did as were are on way to promotion its writen in stars for frank i belive

I hope your boys get you home safely! ?

See on the Bristol Forum it is all about the referee,sky and the EFL wanting Derby and Frank in the playoffs that the decisions went against them especially the sending off.

From my refs  view the sending off was fully justified Darren Bond has the perfect view....the player knocks the ball too far lunges in with studs showing gets the ball but his follow through hits Huddlestone.

He is unfortunate but the change of rule to say a player lunging in from the front,side or behind in a dangerous manner or indangering a player safety even if playing the ball first is cautional by a red card.

Unlucky but the correct decision from a excellently placed Referee.

Well done to Frank and the lads. A proper, gutsy, battling display and a classic away win smash and grab style.

Not quite certain about MoM for Evans, but good luck to the lad after his struggles at times in midfield. It wasn't a day for individuals anyway. Team display.

46 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No idea, apparently the brewery who made it shut in 2004 and I was only 9 then!

Another brewery made it for at least the next 3 years. Might be able to find it in some obscure hipster place.

There's also a place in Bristol with something like 200 different drinks on tap, so I might have to rediscover where that is next week once I'm paid.

Thanks for your contributions @JamesBCFC, it's really good of you to take the time to contribute sensibly to an opponent's forum, and I wish you and your team all the best next season.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I hope your boys get you home safely! ?

dout it as ther loving it and cant help themself singing we even beat you with out tromri (spelt wrong i no lol) to every city fan we pass ? was there first away day game today after pestering me to take them away for ages glad i waited cus what a day and experance for them 

Archived