Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

I was out most of the afternoon and missed all the tension. Looking at the highlights were rode our luck and scored 2 great goals. I was impressed with Bogle's run from the touchline inside Bennett to get into the goalscoring position, and his finish. The Leeds fan at work has been telling me since christmas we wold be playing each other in the playoffs, looking likely now.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge win against all odds!

10 points from 12 - we are finding form at the perfect time!

19 goals in our last 6 games - we have rediscovered our scoring boots just in time too.

Such a dramatic turnaround and finding a way to win in recent games has changed the mood completely.

Could we do it? Could we?

Nope, it’s still all about next season, lads and lasses. ??

2 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

I was out most of the afternoon and missed all the tension. Looking at the highlights were rode our luck and scored 2 great goals. I was impressed with Bogle's run from the touchline inside Bennett to get into the goalscoring position, and his finish. The Leeds fan at work has been telling me since christmas we wold be playing each other in the playoffs, looking likely now.

defo is and its time we give them sum pay back as they ant got the energy and dont put pressure on teams like did earlier in season! plus its karmer after spygate and no suprise since then they cant spy on teams its fallen appart so it seems anyway and are ready to be finished of by the resurgent ram ?

28 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Well what a result that was!!! Away to one of our closest rivals having not won away from home in 2019. Lose our POTY on 11 minutes and replace with a makeshift CH.  Win 2-0 with a performance full of grit, determination & character. Can’t wait to read the positive comments & praise from ALL MEMBERS OF THE FORUM on here. It’s in our hands. Well done Frank & the boys. COYR. 

Why the capitals in there? 

1 hour ago, devonram1980 said:

long time since my last post but cant help myself today lol!! what a performance what a win buzzing right now there was so much fight and character that i dint expect from us to be honist cus for so long now weve fallen in the big games of the season and ironicly today out all games last few sesions i expected us to fail when normaly im a blind faith fan and they step up bigtime playing perfect away game when needed even when tomori got injured and every derby fan thought were ducked now they pulled it out thanks to a master class from george crazy i no stil think dreaming now lol.

weldone to frank cus lets be honist did any of us think he would play huds and brad together i certanly didnt and no there was talk about it on here and nearly all of us shut it down as wont happen to slow cant play together etc and it worked a treat today watching the game i can safley say thats were game was won! everything everyone said bout them 2 together was correct in my view but in my honist opionion and eyes (altho there in beer goggles) this is were we won the game cus if lamps whent with wilson and mount togheter  (easy option in my mind)  we would never of won this game and lamps for me showed he going be great manager having balls to do that even tho huds ant been involved in any of good games recently and he would been slaughted if it didnt work out as they ant played many game together all season and big change when team been playing ok but it was needed in this gmae allowing mount lawrence and wilson stay further up field stoping bristol going gun how and putting us under alot more sustained pressure than it was as they was always worried bout our frount 4 on break which wouldnt happened if we had the 1 def mid making our frount 3 sitting deeper to protect us allowing even more pressure as for me thats been our big problem on the road cus we cant cope with being pen in for longtime with balls constantly coming into the box we always crack.  anyway sorry for the esay and many might disagre but master stroke from frank if we do go up i think were going far till chelsea nick frank back lol to all derby fans enjoy and sing our hearts out every min me and my 2 boy 11 and 9 certainly did as were are on way to promotion its writen in stars for frank i belive

. <- I think this is th key you're desperately seeking mate. 

Or perhaps one of these -> ,

I went blue reading your post ?

Safe journey ?

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

No idea, apparently the brewery who made it shut in 2004 and I was only 9 then!

Another brewery made it for at least the next 3 years. Might be able to find it in some obscure hipster place.

There's also a place in Bristol with something like 200 different drinks on tap, so I might have to rediscover where that is next week once I'm paid.

I used to work for Post Office Telephones (now British Telecom) and they had a training school just down the road from a pub like that. I wonder if it was the same place?

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Alas no, we were terrible at times today and a really good team would have gutted us.

We battled, we fought and we showed the desire so many think is missing, but that was no show of form.

I'm pumped about the result and QPR showed us how making the playoffs is the important thing, but we were not a form team today.

We were a team who rode crazy amounts of luck.

Will that be enough?

Hopefully! 

Just back from the game. What a fantastic away day - never felt we would lose once we scored. Bristol gave it a go and piled on the pressure but they are too powder puff up front. For once I thought our game management was excellent too. Every player put in a good shift today but a special mention for Waghorn, Evans, Mount, Bennett and of course Roos. As for the Rams fans, the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant - we sang our hearts out and did the boys proud. 

Roll on Swansea in midweek; momentum is with us now and we have nothing to fear.

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

19 goals in our last 6 games - we have rediscovered our scoring boots just in time too.

Such a dramatic turnaround and finding a way to win in recent games has changed the mood completely.

I’m a half empty person when it comes to the Rams but if we do manage to get 6th and play Leeds, we have a great chance.

Leeds have run out of steam, look at their results and may not even get 3rd if they lose tomorrow cos WBA are looming. I fancy our chances vs either Leeds or West Brom. COYR ?

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Just back from the game. What a fantastic away day - never felt we would lose once we scored. Bristol gave it a go and piled on the pressure but they are too powder puff up front. For once I thought our game management was excellent too. Every player put in a good shift today but a special mention for Waghorn, Evans, Mount, Bennett and of course Roos. As for the Rams fans, the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant - we sang our hearts out and did the boys proud. 

Roll on Swansea in midweek; momentum is with us now and we have nothing to fear.

Swansea blew their slender playoff chances today so hopefully they will be deflated and we have 1 less to worry about ?

2 hours ago, David said:

It was one of those games where we will say if you don't put the ball in the net, you don't deserve to win it's as simple as that. How you didn't put the ball in the net I'll never know, whilst our defending was heroic at times we also had lady luck (not Sky or EFL) and George Evans on our side.

The lad deserves huge ducking credit for stepping in today.

I’m so ducking proud of everyone on this bloody team.

29 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

See on the Bristol Forum it is all about the referee,sky and the EFL wanting Derby and Frank in the playoffs that the decisions went against them especially the sending off.

From my refs  view the sending off was fully justified Darren Bond has the perfect view....the player knocks the ball too far lunges in with studs showing gets the ball but his follow through hits Huddlestone.

He is unfortunate but the change of rule to say a player lunging in from the front,side or behind in a dangerous manner or indangering a player safety even if playing the ball first is cautional by a red card.

Unlucky but the correct decision from a excellently placed Referee.

Is that the conspiracy that has seen dozens of blatant penalty claims turned down, or good goals ruled out for offside when no-one was offside? Or the conspiracy that allows teams to kick dirty great lumps out of any Derby County player within kicking distance, and then book a Derby player for his first offence?

No? I didn't think so.

You were a bit unlucky in front of goal, and we got lucky. We have had matches where we have hit the post and had goal line clearances and no end of blocks and have ended up drawing the match when we should have won. But in addition to that, we put our chances away and you didn't.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Alas no, we were terrible at times today and a really good team would have gutted us.

We battled, we fought and we showed the desire so many think is missing, but that was no show of form.

I'm pumped about the result and QPR showed us how making the playoffs is the important thing, but we were not a form team today.

We were a team who rode crazy amounts of luck.

Will that be enough?

Hopefully! 

Maybe momentum is the better choice of word.

Sometimes riding your luck and digging out a result can be the difference between 8th and 6th and 3rd and 2nd. We’ve needed to show a different side to our game for a while now, so it’s encouraging that we are showing some fight at last.

Haven’t we lost just once in 10 league games, correct me if I am wrong? Maybe we are not a team ‘in form’ per se, but contrast now with the mood after Villa, Forest or Blackburn away, and there is hope.

The season could have petered out very quickly after the Blackburn game, so credit where it’s due because we have dug in and scrapped for every point to ensure the season is still alive.

Well played boys!

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Maybe momentum is the better choice of word.

Sometimes riding your luck and digging out a result can be the difference between 8th and 6th and 3rd and 2nd. We’ve needed to show a different side to our game for a while now, so it’s encouraging that we are showing some fight at last.

Haven’t we lost just once in 10 league games, correct me if I am wrong? Maybe we are not a team ‘in form’ per se, but contrast now with the mood after Villa, Forest or Blackburn away, and there is hope.

The season could have petered out very quickly after the Blackburn game, so credit where it’s due because we have dug in and scrapped for every point to ensure the season is still alive.

Well played boys!

It balances out doesn't it? Most neutrals said we shouldn't have lost 1-0 to Forest.

We've won a couple we didn't deserve, we've lost a few we didn't. But over the course of the season we've are where we deserve to be.

I do still think we've got a challenge to make the playoffs because we've got two very tough games, but even if we don't make it I've enjoyed the season and I think we can be pleased with the late season rally.

5 minutes ago, ck- said:

It balances out doesn't it? Most neutrals said we shouldn't have lost 1-0 to Forest.

We've won a couple we didn't deserve, we've lost a few we didn't. But over the course of the season we've are where we deserve to be.

I do still think we've got a challenge to make the playoffs because we've got two very tough games, but even if we don't make it I've enjoyed the season and I think we can be pleased with the late season rally.

Spot on. 

At one stage looked like we could fizzle out. Makes a nice change to get results on an up curve. Not had that for a few months.....?

Sometimes you win when you should have lost, sometimes you lose when you should have won, sometimes you draw when you should have won & sometimes you draw when you should have lost. Surely the key is to look at the season as a whole and not take specific games, or short periods of the season, in isolation. The season is a marathon not a sprint and we need to appreciate what Frank & his team have achieved since the start of the season. Too much short termism for my liking. As a player Frank achieved what most can only dream of, he knows what it takes to achieve both mentally and performance wise, we need to let him get on with developing this group of players and just enjoy the ride .... and see the bigger picture. 

48 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think Mount returning has been the key.

Archived