Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Come on just admit it. This was just all an elaborate ploy to get yourself a new shirt, all without having to explain to your wife why you've spent fifty quid before asking for her permission.

He'll look daft with 'Little Parsnip' on the back of his shirt though.

What about the poor adult who went into the shop and ordered a shirt.

when he got home he found he'd got a friggin 8 year olds shirt.

can't wear that to the match can he?

7 hours ago, David said:

The complete and utter incompetence shown by yourself is unforgivable, you had one job! 

I would file for divorce if I was the wife to be honest, try and find a better Dad whilst the kid is still young with time on his side.

Well at least I now know who it was advising my wife!

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Jeez, so your kids crying cuz his shirts too big.

Perfect moment to tell him to grow up, then turn to the missus and make a drum roll and cymbal sound.

My advice would be to ask them to get some players to sign the proper one that they’ll have to send out as compo.

Then, scrawl “Steve Bloomer” in a sharpie on the large shirt and watch some gullible sort buy it.

thank me later.

or cut out the middle men sign it yourself(you can never read autographs) then bung it on ebay MrsParsnip will be dead impressed if you make a profit

7 hours ago, David said:

If you have a copy of your receipt and it says youth small, I would imagine the club shop would simply replace the shirt for you, if not then this is on you, maybe a diet? Matching father and son shirts?

Mrs Parsnip is clearly trying to play the ordeal down, deep down though I’m sure she’s hurting, maybe a bunch of flowers from the petrol station to apologise? Not sure this would be enough to save the marriage but it’s worth a go.

Really - is a marriage to a Red Dog worth the effort of saving? Doubt it.

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sooo yesterday I fired up the Landy and took my annual trip to the DCFC Megastore at Pride Park to buy a kit for my boy who's 8 today. 

In store I ordered the 'youth small' size and signed the receipt checking the size, name and number were correct. She said come back in 45 mins and it'll be done, which it was.

He's unwrapped it this morning and it's an adult one emblazoned with bet32 or whatever it is on the front! Which means I need to take another 3 hours out of my day to get back over there and sort it out!

As you can imagine I'm in absolute turmoil. My boys birthday is ruined, loss of earnings today means I can't pay this month's gas bill and on top of it all my son says he wants to start gambling now he's been exposed to the sponsor!

Here's a picture I took of me and my son this morning, on what was supposed to be a happy day...

Screenshot_20190206-081301_Google.thumb.jpg.20f08ee6de8dd7cdd6ff1a7ce69a5c0a.jpg

I'll obviously be sending this picture and my story to the Daily Mail but my question now is, how do I play it with the megastore?

How do I get something free out of this? Maybe a training top? A Derby County mug? Or one of those postcards with Richard Keogh's massive face on it?

Any legal advice/previous experience greatly received. 

Have you paid for that photo you downloaded illegally?

Somewhere there's a struggling photographer who can't pay his kid's school fees because irresponsible people keep ripping off his/her work.

I hope you get a refund from the DCFC store, you might need it to pay the solicitors fees when the stock photo site take you to court ?

7 hours ago, David said:

If you have a copy of your receipt and it says youth small, I would imagine the club shop would simply replace the shirt for you, if not then this is on you, maybe a diet? Matching father and son shirts?

Mrs Parsnip is clearly trying to play the ordeal down, deep down though I’m sure she’s hurting, maybe a bunch of flowers from the petrol station to apologise? Not sure this would be enough to save the marriage but it’s worth a go.

Thats going too far.......

flowers from the petrol station is for Christmas presents only (plus 5 litres of castrol gtx to keep her really sweet) ?

7 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

When have you ever known ronnieronalde to over react to a perfectly calm situation?

Plus, imagine how much respect you'll get from your wife for showing that kind of commitment to the cause.

Women love it when you completely lose your poo over little things and worse case scenario, you get a free cheeseburger out of it.

Winner Winner.

I’ve never heard it referred to as that before...........?

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sooo yesterday I fired up the Landy and took my annual trip to the DCFC Megastore at Pride Park to buy a kit for my boy who's 8 today. 

In store I ordered the 'youth small' size and signed the receipt checking the size, name and number were correct. She said come back in 45 mins and it'll be done, which it was.

He's unwrapped it this morning and it's an adult one emblazoned with bet32 or whatever it is on the front! Which means I need to take another 3 hours out of my day to get back over there and sort it out!

As you can imagine I'm in absolute turmoil. My boys birthday is ruined, loss of earnings today means I can't pay this month's gas bill and on top of it all my son says he wants to start gambling now he's been exposed to the sponsor!

Here's a picture I took of me and my son this morning, on what was supposed to be a happy day...

Screenshot_20190206-081301_Google.thumb.jpg.20f08ee6de8dd7cdd6ff1a7ce69a5c0a.jpg

I'll obviously be sending this picture and my story to the Daily Mail but my question now is, how do I play it with the megastore?

How do I get something free out of this? Maybe a training top? A Derby County mug? Or one of those postcards with Richard Keogh's massive face on it?

Any legal advice/previous experience greatly received. 

You're not very good at the shopping lark, are you!   Why are you... a grown man... wearing children's jeans?

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Really helpful @i-Ram & @David thanks. Maybe you two should go and work in the Megastore?

As it happens, lifelong Forest fan (can't name one player) Mrs Parsnip couldn't give a crap.

Anyway I've sent a curt email to the Megastore. I await their opening offer...

I see you had as much luck shopping for a wife as you did the shirt!

Archived