Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

On 06/02/2019 at 10:05, Parsnip said:

Sooo yesterday I fired up the Landy and took my annual trip to the DCFC Megastore at Pride Park to buy a kit for my boy who's 8 today. 

In store I ordered the 'youth small' size and signed the receipt checking the size, name and number were correct. She said come back in 45 mins and it'll be done, which it was.

He's unwrapped it this morning and it's an adult one emblazoned with bet32 or whatever it is on the front! Which means I need to take another 3 hours out of my day to get back over there and sort it out!

As you can imagine I'm in absolute turmoil. My boys birthday is ruined, loss of earnings today means I can't pay this month's gas bill and on top of it all my son says he wants to start gambling now he's been exposed to the sponsor!

Here's a picture I took of me and my son this morning, on what was supposed to be a happy day...

Screenshot_20190206-081301_Google.thumb.jpg.20f08ee6de8dd7cdd6ff1a7ce69a5c0a.jpg

I'll obviously be sending this picture and my story to the Daily Mail but my question now is, how do I play it with the megastore?

How do I get something free out of this? Maybe a training top? A Derby County mug? Or one of those postcards with Richard Keogh's massive face on it?

Any legal advice/previous experience greatly received. 

Blame it all on Gary Rowett ??

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

But before we all sigh a sigh of relief, I'd give it a couple of days, then check your bank account... they may have accidentally charged you (again) for this "replacement" shirt! 

I paid cash. I know that because somebody paid me £500 cash for a job the day before and I thought I was a big shot walking round with £500 in my wallet. Then 3 days later i found myself wondering how I'd managed to spend £500 so quickly and only having a shirt that fits no-one to show for it.

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I paid cash. I know that because somebody paid me £500 cash for a job the day before and I thought I was a big shot walking round with £500 in my wallet. Then 3 days later i found myself wondering how I'd managed to spend £500 so quickly and only having a shirt that fits no-one to show for it.

What’s your lottery numbers?Need to know what to avoid. 

29 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

What do you do, out of interest? 

2 minutes ago, R@M said:

I’m guessing Parsnip is in trade, (plasterer?) and you are HMRC? 

No.

I'm a tax Dodger, and hoped he was in the joinery business.

There's no English plasterers left anyway, especially not those ones who work on stilts when doing a ceiling, so much fun to watch I'd give them extra.

• 1 month later...

This is for @David really. I didn't want to start a new topic, it's not a huge thing. But I feel like David works hard to provide us with this platform and I want to give something back to him. And I know he'll enjoy this so I'll post it...

So I've sponsored my local kids football team. I've bought their kit basically, embroidered badges, my business logo printed on the front, names and numbers on the back for each individual player. No expense spared.

I offered to give the coach the cash to buy the kits bit he suggested I put the order in myseld so I can claim the VAT back. 

So I did and the kits came today. They are awesome! Beautifully embroidered, logo looks great, all the names and numbers are spot on.

This part is for @David...

...ordered the wrong size ain't I.

Enjoy your weekend David.

xxx

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

This is for @David really. I didn't want to start a new topic, it's not a huge thing. But I feel like David works hard to provide us with this platform and I want to give something back to him. And I know he'll enjoy this so I'll post it...

So I've sponsored my local kids football team. I've bought their kit basically, embroidered badges, my business logo printed on the front, names and numbers on the back for each individual player. No expense spared.

I offered to give the coach the cash to buy the kits bit he suggested I put the order in myseld so I can claim the VAT back. 

So I did and the kits came today. They are awesome! Beautifully embroidered, logo looks great, all the names and numbers are spot on.

xxx

Too big or too small?

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Too big or too small?

Too big thankfully. A bit of creative folding and tucking and should sort the bigger kids out, and I'll order some smaller shirts for the smaller kids. 

Actually maybe I'll get someone else to order the smaller shirts.

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Too big thankfully. A bit of creative folding and tucking and should sort the bigger kids out, and I'll order some smaller shirts for the smaller kids. 

Actually maybe I'll get someone else to order the smaller shirts.

They will get used then eventually.

I can remember when I was a kid and we took it in turns to wash the kit. After the game the strip was collected in a big black dustbin bag and one week it ended up in the back of the bin lorry. 

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

xxx

First mistake was getting names ? I suppose you can save the kit for a few seasons time

Archived