Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

The Mrs had all this earlier in the year - i convinced her to call their bluff (on your advice I think!) and ignore the court threat. The next thing she got was a county court hearing so I had to pay her parking fine + the £60 court costs otherwise she'd have a CCJ. She got rate mad wi me. That's why this time I've decided to properly appeal.

Check the links bud. Are you certain the court hearing letter was genuine? Fines are unenforceable on private land so unless the car park is owned by the council they've not a leg to stand on.

@DarkFruitsRam7 you'll be hearing from my legal team shortly!

On 23/07/2019 at 22:43, Van Wolfie said:

I’ve just bought a plug in LED night light off Amazon for £4.29. Delivery tomorrow. 

Just who the duck makes any money on that purchase?

I bought one for the missus to use as a reading/sewing light. It's cheaper than buying a USB cable and works brilliantly.

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

The Mrs had all this earlier in the year - i convinced her to call their bluff (on your advice I think!) and ignore the court threat. The next thing she got was a county court hearing so I had to pay her parking fine + the £60 court costs otherwise she'd have a CCJ. She got rate mad wi me. That's why this time I've decided to properly appeal.

Parking Charge Notice - Private Land/Private parking companies. (eg Hospitals/Retail Parks/Hotels etc.)
Penalty Charge Notice - Public Car Parks/Local Councils/Traffic Wardens/Police

Re the former, my understanding is that, yes, @86 Schmokes & a Pancake is correct in that they are merely an invoice, and at that stage, are not enforceable.  However, word on the street is that in very recent times (Last year, maybe 2 years?) it has become much easier for these parking companies to take the matter to court... where if you lose, not only will you pay court costs etc, but it could also affect your credit worthiness. More folk are now being taken to court... and losing!  (I've only read that online.  I have no proof, and no inclination to search out links etc to back me up!)

Obviously, with either option, if you think the "fine" is unfair, or you can prove your "innocence", then appeal.
If they've got you bang to rights, then pay up.  That's my opinion, of course... who want's CCJ's and to be blacklisted!

I once tried it at Costco on matchday... Signs everywhere, I knew the score.  I called their bluff... and failed!  They left a notice on my windscreen, I paid up on the Monday, and took the reduction for a quick payment!  Bang to rights!

Just yesterday I had one from Parking Eye in relation to a Hotel stay last month.  This time, they are in the wrong.  I've contacted the hotel with the details.  I've had an email off them apologising, and saying they will get it cancelled, and to ignore any future automatic letters from Parking Eye.  It may take 5 weeks or so to sort it, and I will get a final letter off Parking Eye telling me to forget it.  If that doesn't go to plan, then I expect Parking Eye to take me to court, and me to prove that I was legitimately parked, as a hotel guest (You check the car in at hotel reception... which I did).  I have all the paperwork I need.  Naturally, I expect a word from the hotel will sort things, and don't therefore expect it to get to court.

"They" do say, ignore these private parking charge notices at your peril.  People aren't getting away with it as often as they once were.  These companies are now enjoying taking you to court!  

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fines are unenforceable on private land

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

(Last year, maybe 2 years?) it has become much easier for these parking companies to take the matter to court.

Yep my Mrs' extensive reading up on the situation concurs with @Mucker1884. Recent changes means these 'invoices' are enforceable through the courts. Just like if someone didn't pay me for a service - if I can prove they've had the service then I can use the courts.

But I shat mesen so they haven't got a leg to stand on this time.

34 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Yep my Mrs' extensive reading up on the situation concurs with @Mucker1884. Recent changes means these 'invoices' are enforceable through the courts. Just like if someone didn't pay me for a service - if I can prove they've had the service then I can use the courts.

But I shat mesen so they haven't got a leg to stand on this time.

I think they've always been enforceable through courts, but the likelihood of it being worth their while to actually do that has always been non-existent. Could be wrong though.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think they've always been enforceable through courts, but the likelihood of it being worth their while to actually do that has always been non-existent. Could be wrong though.

There was a change in interpretation of the law, so it is much more possible they will enforce. The laws themselves I don't think have changed though. But yes, don't ignore a ticket unless you know what you're doing.  Basically you're gambling that it's not worth their time chasing you down for payment. Unfortunately they do chase some people down to serve as an example.

34 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

There was a change in interpretation of the law, so it is much more possible they will enforce. The laws themselves I don't think have changed though. But yes, don't ignore a ticket unless you know what you're doing.  Basically you're gambling that it's not worth their time chasing you down for payment. Unfortunately they do chase some people down to serve as an example.

You sound like you know what you're on about. My ticket is for being "observed leaving the retail park". But there are no toilets on the retail park and I was touching cloth - in all seriousness, that's rock solid innit?

37 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Apologies for bum advice chaps! Seems I've always got away with it by dumb luck.

@DarkFruitsRam7 I'm withdrawing my counter-claim hopefully without prejudice!

I'm not convinced it's bum advice per sé.  I'm sure some folk are still ignoring, and still "getting away with it".  It just appears that this approach is more of a gamble nowadays, than say 18 months/2 years ago (and prior to that, of course), as it does appear more and more are getting taken to court lately.

It's all down to how much each individual likes to gamble, I suppose.

Pay half the fine - Pay the full fine - Pay full fine + Court costs - All the latter + possibly blacklisted.  

They seem to be the odds!  ?

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

You sound like you know what you're on about. My ticket is for being "observed leaving the retail park". But there are no toilets on the retail park and I was touching cloth - in all seriousness, that's rock solid innit?

Morally yes, but these guys have no morals. They will ask if you left the retail park, will point to the conditions of use of the parking, and will argue that you should have soiled yourself. 

54 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Morally yes, but these guys have no morals. They will ask if you left the retail park, will point to the conditions of use of the parking, and will argue that you should have soiled yourself. 

I suspect they may also have evidence to prove that @Pastinaak has shat his pants on multiple occasions in the past, and therefore that it was no emergency and more an everyday occurrence. He may need to change his name to @Pantsicacks

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect they may also have evidence to prove that @Pastinaak has shat his pants on multiple occasions in the past, and therefore that it was no emergency and more an everyday occurrence. He may need to change his name to @Pantsicacks

Possibly.

But just imagine being the employee recieving his appeal, day after day of reading the same old excuses for violation when that pops into the inbox!

It's going to cheer some poor bugger right up, enough I'd suggest to mark the case as pending while the follow through evidence was obtained!

3 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Unless they point out that there are public toilets in Debenhams, Costa and Asda Home, all on the retail park within a few metres of your car

1 hour ago, chezzyram said:

Unless they point out that there are public toilets in Debenhams, Costa and Asda Home, all on the retail park within a few metres of your car

He's going to have to go down the cottaging route, ain't he?

Poor Parsnip!

Is often heard around the public conveniences of Chesterfield, so I'm told.

16 hours ago, chezzyram said:

My understanding is that these toilets are for the customers only. I'd imagine Pizza Hut would prefer people not to enter their restaurant in a soiled state without even buying a stuffed crust. If the parking charge people advise me otherwise then I'll be delighted to pay the £100 and thank them for authorising me to use Pizza Hut's facilities daily from now on, no matter what is dribbling down my trouser leg, and I can do so with my head held high.

Archived