Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to explain the concept of “growing room” to your child, then phone and thank the club shop for saving you money over the next 10 years for negating the need to buy a bigger size. You could put this saved money towards your weekly food shop, he’s very small for an 8 year old 

5FE8D39B-0D5B-493D-B086-71D115C810DD.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

3 hours since I sent the email...

Nothing.

Check your junk/spam folder, I emailed them myself a couple weeks ago about the shirt I had printed, didn’t get a reply, sent a DM and on Twitter and was told they didn’t receive my email. Checked my sent mail and it was sent but a few days later I noticed an email in my junk folder with a mail delivery error.

Jeez, so your kids crying cuz his shirts too big.

Perfect moment to tell him to grow up, then turn to the missus and make a drum roll and cymbal sound.

My advice would be to ask them to get some players to sign the proper one that they’ll have to send out as compo.

Then, scrawl “Steve Bloomer” in a sharpie on the large shirt and watch some gullible sort buy it.

thank me later.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Perfect moment to tell him to grow up, then turn to the missus and make a drum roll and cymbal sound.

My advice would be to ask them to get some players to sign the proper one that they’ll have to send out as compo.

Then, scrawl “Steve Bloomer” in a sharpie on the large shirt and watch some gullible sort buy it.

thank me later.

Exactly, could be worse, didn’t you have to buy your lad a Man Utd shirt ?

As it appears to be the fault of the shop, you are entitled to either a replacement shirt or a refund.

Any claim for material losses is a bit of a grey area. Most retailers won't entertain such claims and let them go to court. I suspect that you'd lose that claim as you didn't inspect the goods before leaving.

Yet many retailers will make a good will gesture to hopefully keep your custom and save their reputation. A good manager can turn a complaint into a real positive by making the customer feel valued, so it's good business practice. The only issue is that I believe that the shop is still outsourced, so they are not as bothered about the reputation of DCFC as perhaps they might be. They're also the only suppliers of DCFC replica kits so you can't go to a competitor. 

I suspect that you will get a replacement shirt and complimentary Gary Rowett poster.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

thank me later.

@loweman2 just pricked up his ears.

I have zero training or qualifications in legal matters but, for 50% of any compensation you may receive I'd be happy to represent you (effectively all that means is sending a legal sounding letter on your behalf).

in fact, if anyone else has had any dealings with the store (don't worry, you don't need to have suffered any financial loss or emotional distress, I'll make something up for you) then I'm happy to represent you on the same basis. just go to my website: PPI (Pride Park Investigators) 4U. 

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'll swap you the shirt for a half and half Accy/ Derby scarf. I know @Alpha is going mad for my scarf because he keeps offering me large amounts of cash for it but for the sake of your lads happiness I'll gladly do the swap. Mull it over before you blow your stack with the club shop. ?

If I'd bought your scarf I'd definitely use it. If I can't afford Andrex and the alternative was that tracing paper we all had at school then it would interest me. 

You've got Rolf Harris living next door to a school and you buying that tat for your a youngster. Kids don't stand a chance in this world

Archived