Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

16 hours ago, McRamFan said:

On a serious note, they will probably offer to replace it and give you a voucher to use in store, as you had to travel 3 hours.

He didn't HAVE to travel for 3 hours at all. Not their problem.

24 hours on and i'm glad to see this hasn't been resolved.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

24 hours on and i'm glad to see this hasn't been resolved.

24 hours and not even a reply to my email. But worry Smyth, I'm stepping it up a gear today.

I'm going to dedicate my free gifts to you x

On 06/02/2019 at 10:16, FindernRam said:

Speak directly to the most senior person available either in person or on the 'phone.

Yeah emails are ignored, phone line is premium rate with a cost warning in the long message before they connect you. 

So I'm actually going to have to drive down there again.

8 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I happen to know that the shop manager is off for the next two days so don’t hold your breath !

I'm apparently getting a call back from the supervisor. Hopefully we'll just talk about it for 20 mins and then decide that I'm right. As per tradition.

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Do you live near Leeds?

They may have a spy in the Derby area who can pick one up and drop it off to you on their way home. 

No I live just outside Derby.

The 3 hours travel time might have been a very slight exaggeration but I've factored in a McDondalds breakfast and a bit of other shopping. Also I got to Swanwick island and realised I'd forgot the other car seat I needed for the school run so I had to go back and get that.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

No I live just outside Derby.

The 3 hours travel time might have been a very slight exaggeration but I've factored in a McDondalds breakfast and a bit of other shopping. Also I got to Swanwick island and realised I'd forgot the other car seat I needed for the school run so I had to go back and get that.

So, DCFC fans go into "F it up February" mode just like the first team! 

Hmm they've accepted the fault and offered to replace the shirt but they're not overly happy about it. I've asked if we can do it via post so I don't have to go down there again and they're currently working out how much they're going to charge me for this service. I feel a bit like after 3 premium rate phone calls I've paid enough extra.

Going to collect it would grant you the opportunity to check the shirt before heading home and unwrapping another adult shirt for your son. ?

Just saying.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Going to collect it would grant you the opportunity to check the shirt before heading home and unwrapping another adult shirt for your son. ?

Just saying.

Yeah I'll have to collect. They've made it clear they're going to do the minimum possible so I don't think they'll turn it around with any great haste.

I'm sure they'd love me to pay for recorded delivery and then spend a few more quid on their premium rate phone line chasing it up.

When I'm in there though I'm not going to be quite so efficient at keeping my 3 year old away from all the merchandise with her sticky lollipop fingers. She can run riot.

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Just a random thought Parsnip.  You could pop in on Saturday, save yourself a journey and take the young un to the match.  Mrs P will no doubt be very glad of the break after her strenuous week. Brownie points all round

And give them more money? Nope.

16 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Get em told how unsatisfied you are with how they've dealt with the whole sorry affair and that you'll be contacting Mel forthwith to let him know. It'll get em running scared if nowt else. You can thank me when Mel invites you and your lad to an all expenses paid, complementary match day experience. 

...or bans him for life.....?

I just want to reassure everyone because I know how concerned some of you were (especially @Smyth_18) that all has ended well.

I took the 3 hour journey again today (actually i managed to do the whole round trip in 40 mins this time - must be better traffic on tuesdays or summat) and my son is at this very moment at football training in his proper kit.

I did not receive any free gifts or good will to compensate my misfortune - but the item was replaced swiftly.

Thanks for everyone's support during this difficult period.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

... during this difficult period.

It's been difficult for us all, to be fair!  Nigh on traumatic, even!

But before we all sigh a sigh of relief, I'd give it a couple of days, then check your bank account... they may have accidentally charged you (again) for this "replacement" shirt! 

Just sayin'!

#dontcountyourchickensjustyet

Archived