The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before anyone decides whether they agree with Brexit or not (or votes in the yet to be announced general election), they might want to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLH-wXNCtEA

All I can say is after nearly 25 years in business, I've just had the worst six months imaginable. An odd "bad month" happens every so often, but six in a row (with no sign of improvement) is bonkers - nobody is investing in capital equipment in the UK. The recession of 2008 was nowhere near as bad as this in my industry.

11 minutes ago, cstand said:

No it's true fastest rate for a decade employment at record levels as well. 

But the total number of work-related visas issued for year ending March 2019 was 181093, an increase of 11% over the previous 12 months. Now when I went to school, an increase is not the same as a decrease.

As far as 'employment being at record levels', I work an average of 5 hours a week, so I'm employed, at least as far as employment statistics are concerned.

Please substantiate your assertions with appropriate statistics, as opposed to purely relying on glib Tory sound-bites and other brainwashing tactics..

31 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Before anyone decides whether they agree with Brexit or not (or votes in the yet to be announced general election), they might want to watch this:

All I can say is after nearly 25 years in business, I've just had the worst six months imaginable. An odd "bad month" happens every so often, but six in a row (with no sign of improvement) is bonkers - nobody is investing in capital equipment in the UK. The recession of 2008 was nowhere near as bad as this in my industry.

After 7 years in business Mrs Hants threw the towel in. Just slow inexorable decline with no prospect of any uplift anytime soon.

My sympathies to you - owning your own business is tough. And the rosy glow of being identified as one of the "wealth creators" just made me wonder who all the wealth was being created for - then i realised it was the old chap whose pension fund owned the shop that she was renting.....?

33 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

After 7 years in business Mrs Hants threw the towel in. Just slow inexorable decline with no prospect of any uplift anytime soon.

My sympathies to you - owning your own business is tough. And the rosy glow of being identified as one of the "wealth creators" just made me wonder who all the wealth was being created for - then i realised it was the old chap whose pension fund owned the shop that she was renting.....?

Private pensions are the biggest con of the working class ever invented.

16 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Thanks for providing this link Grumpy Git. It's definitely strange times we live in.

19 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sorry to hear that. I have been waiting for Hants ice cream to take off. 

28 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry to hear that. I have been waiting for Hants ice cream to take off. 

Ah - appreciate the thought.

tbh I think she was never commercially driven enough to want world (or even Hampshire) domination. But some sort of income would have been nice ? 

she still does bits here and there, but it’s better as a hobby with pin money.

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ah - appreciate the thought.

tbh I think she was never commercially driven enough to want world (or even Hampshire) domination. But some sort of income would have been nice ? 

she still does bits here and there, but it’s better as a hobby with pin money.

Still takes a lot of balls to do.. Good luck.

On 30/09/2019 at 18:14, Norman said:

Right wing think tank.

Less people, that migrated to the UK, are leaving.  This has happened for the last 2 years. 

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/deportation-and-voluntary-departure-from-the-uk/

On 30/09/2019 at 18:49, G STAR RAM said:

Nope, always said it was one of many factors.

Ah right so because the poster works with some refugees he or she is knowledgable about all matters immigration?

As I work with around 50 polish people do I qualify as knowledgable too or not?

I notice no actual substance to your post, just the usual shooting down of other peoples opinions. As I said...just what i expected.

Thought you owned your own business? Thought you worked across various seasides resorts? Know you work with 50 Polish people, just Polish and you are the only non Polish one? So what is true?

On 04/10/2019 at 11:27, cstand said:

Wages up due the possibility of less people wanting to work in the UK from abroad since 2016 great to see Brexit working for ordinary people.

Nope, wrong, see link above.  Similar amounts coming in YOY, less returning.

11 hours ago, cstand said:

Apologies I meant the we are not English we are scouse People's Republic of Liverpool.

You try to insult someone and can't even use the right word.  Pathetic.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What the deuce are you talking about?

He is one of the few people that try to make out that people from Liverpool, see themselves as victims, because of the football incidents.  He is trying to wind you up, and the Mods should stamp this out.

19 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Right wing think tank.

Less people, that migrated to the UK, are leaving.  This has happened for the last 2 years. 

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/deportation-and-voluntary-departure-from-the-uk/

Thought you owned your own business? Thought you worked across various seasides resorts? Know you work with 50 Polish people, just Polish and you are the only non Polish one? So what is true?

Nope, wrong, see link above.  Similar amounts coming in YOY, less returning.

You try to insult someone and can't even use the right word.  Pathetic.

He is one of the few people that try to make out that people from Liverpool, see themselves as victims, because of the football incidents.  He is trying to wind you up, and the Mods should stamp this out.

That level of wind up is never going to work on anyone but the slower witted. 

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

I have my own accountancy business.

My main client who I work for about 60% of the time is a chain of seaside amusement arcades.

Never said I worked with just Polish people.

Never said I was the only non Polish person.

Well done for thinking you had caught me out. Unfortunately you're not as clever as you would have yourself believe.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Right wing think tank.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/deportation-and-voluntary-departure-from-the-u

He is trying to make out  from Liverpool, see themselves as victims, because of the football incidents.  He is trying to wind you up, and the Mods should stamp this out.

Left wing think tank followed by another brainless assumption. 

He is saying some Liverpool fans see themselves as coming from the Republic of Liverpool. They don't support or like the England national team etc. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/talksport/status/1169648886467555328?lang=en

Here's a meaningless link you love that proves everyone in Liverpool thinks like that and that is that. 

Blah blah blah I have posted a link blah blah blah bla blah blah blah Wikipedia blah blah blah blah blah. 

I liked it better when you trolled in the Forest thread all the time. You weren't funny there, but at least you wasn't posting in this one. 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Left wing think tank followed by another brainless assumption. 

He is saying some Liverpool fans see themselves as coming from the Republic of Liverpool. They don't support or like the England national team etc. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/talksport/status/1169648886467555328?lang=en

Here's a meaningless link you love that proves everyone in Liverpool thinks like that and that is that. 

Blah blah blah I have posted a link blah blah blah bla blah blah blah Wikipedia blah blah blah blah blah. 

I liked it better when you trolled in the Forest thread all the time. You weren't funny there, but at least you wasn't posting in this one. 

Yawn...why is your chain so short?

Archived