Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I was bored of it days ago. I’m just glad I know how to make tea properly and store/eat chocolate and crisps. Without those insights what else of any facts has actually been said?

Apologies if tis pun's already been posted but we're just letting off steam!

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m betting that it because he is waiting for Chelsea to make their minds up and approach us or not ,quite simple really ,

im a bit bored with the oh it’s chelsea crap as well , if he was managing Man City right now he would not be going to Chelsea if offered  ,

mr lampard is very close to the just duck off threshold with me 

But he's not managing Man City, he's managing Derby County.

The difference between this job and managing Chelsea is absurdly massive. Absolutely ridiculous to attack him for wanting to see if he can get the position (if that even is what he's doing), even if I think it would be a mistake for both him and Chelsea.

If he was waiting to see if Burnley were going to make an approach or not I'd agree with you and be a little upset by it ? 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So Christine Lampard has put a video on Instagram of what looks to be a surprise to Frank - song played at the end.....Should I Stay or Show I Go hmmm

if that's true, it's top-trolling! :lol: 

58 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

God that's such a Rowett thing to do...

He was probably in THE building, so thought he'd talk about THE building and add a little bit about fixtures to his talk on THE building

Did anyone ever find out to which building he referred to?

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's true!

Now lets play psychologists.

Is it more likely she'd do that if he was staying, or if he was about to leave? I think the former, but I guess she could be a sadist.

Or the music choice is purely coincidental which seems unlikely, but is often the case ? 

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m betting that it because he is waiting for Chelsea to make their minds up and approach us or not ,quite simple really ,

im a bit bored with the oh it’s chelsea crap as well , if he was managing Man City right now he would not be going to Chelsea if offered  ,

mr lampard is very close to the just duck off threshold with me 

I don’t know what you actually want from him? Do you expect him not to want the Chelsea job? If you expect him not to want it then I’m sorry to break it to you but you’re blinded by your love for Derby.

Surely you accept that it’s tempting at the very least. In which case, you’d want him to chase it, burning his bridges with Derby in the process, rather than wait to see if they actually want him? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Is it more likely she'd do that if he was staying, or if he was about to leave? I think the former, but I guess she could be a sadist.

Or the music choice is purely coincidental which seems unlikely, but is often the case ? 

I would guess that the music was selected by the restaurant they're eating at, not by Christine or anyone close to Frank. 

It's most likely to be a playful poke at the current situation.

Nothing to see here. 

Animated GIF

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I would guess that the music was selected by the restaurant they're eating at, not by Christine or anyone close to Frank. 

It's most likely to be a playful poke at the current situation.

Nothing to see here. 

Animated GIF

By choice I meant the decision to make the video rather than pick the song, but I agree it's likely nothing.

BUT if it is nothing, it gives us nothing to talk about today, and I want to talk about balls - its what I'm here for.

So I'd rather we played psychologists.

So Nuwt, imagine in this world Frank's either already agreed in principle an extension with us or agreed in principle a deal with Chelsea, and then Christine put that video up. Which one is it?!

What if he's literally just sat on a yacht in St Tropez bay, checking social media and counting up the likes between Chelsea fans saying "welcome home" and the Derby fans saying "please stay" - and he'll make his decision based on who posts the most.

What if that's what's he doing?

Just now, StivePesley said:

What if he's literally just sat on a yacht in St Tropez bay, checking social media and counting up the likes between Chelsea fans saying "welcome home" and the Derby fans saying "please stay" - and he'll make his decision based on who posts the most.

What if that's what's he doing?

If it was based on the most speculative forum post with the most responses then it is a given. We will win

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

But he's not managing Man City, he's managing Derby County.

The difference between this job and managing Chelsea is absurdly massive. Absolutely ridiculous to attack him for wanting to see if he can get the position (if that even is what he's doing), even if I think it would be a mistake for both him and Chelsea.

Mate I’m Derby county and don’t give a stuff about Chelsea or lampard s wet dream job , I’ve watched while all and sundry ramped up lampard for Chelsea job including very tellingly those very close to frank whilst not a murmer  from lampard , mel has put out the best he can put out to media ,lampard is 5 mins into our job and if he has the integrity his pr wants to portray then he should be nipping this in the bud now or have the balls to say he is off if offered rather than have his family doing it , 

and before I get accused of being some entitled foot stomper or told that’s not how football works ,, I don’t give a stuff , if your trading on integrity then live by it don’t skulk about 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We'll wait until the next one. If it's Elvis Costello in the background, we know he's staying.

Archived