Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Some Derby fans are sooooooo weird

That’ll be me you’re referring to I suppose, I can only apologise, it’s very inconsiderate for my mood to fluctuate over this saga and for me to have the temerity to post on one of my down days. I’ll leave you all to it.

All the best. ? 

Personally I cant see anything being sorted till at least the beginning of next week, He is still on holiday  and is not going to announce anything until he is back ( presuming he is back this weekend ) and spoke to people in person

So likely to be 4 weeks since Wembley before anything happens.

If memory serves me right most of last summer's transfer business was done quite late.

That said are we expecting much business this summer?

He'll stay and we will wonder what all the fuss has been about.......

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

That’ll be me you’re referring to I suppose, I can only apologise, it’s very inconsiderate for my mood to fluctuate over this saga and for me to have the temerity to post on one of my down days. I’ll leave you all to it.

All the best. ? 

Wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular! 

Just a general musing about how much is being read into some pretty insignificant social media activity (from all sides of the debate). Might just be me but I find it ultimately pointless trawling through and reading into what Jody Morris has liked on Instagram or Twitter to get an indication on what will happen or what songs Frank and Christine are listening to on holiday. Maybe they are a pointed message but all it shows is that they know people are looking for info and are on a gentle wind up about it.

I’ve seen one side convince themselves he’s going because he’s liked a picture of Stamford Bridge on Instagram and I’ve seen the other side convince themselves he’s staying because he’s liked a comment about Chelsea treating managers badly! Maybe I’m a miserable barstool but I just find the whole thing so ridiculous and entitled! We will know when we know but in the meantime let’s all just have a nice summer!

If they stay they stay, if they go they go, but none of them are stupid enough to leave a trail of hints that mean all our amateur Hercule Poirot’s will know before Mel Morris does.

Happy Birthday anyway! Hope you have a cracking evening ?

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular! 

Just a general musing about how much is being read into some pretty insignificant social media activity (from all sides of the debate). Might just be me but I find it ultimately pointless trawling through and reading into what Jody Morris has liked on Instagram or Twitter to get an indication on what will happen or what songs Frank and Christine are listening to on holiday. Maybe they are a pointed message but all it shows is that they know people are looking for info and are on a gentle wind up about it.

I’ve seen one side convince themselves he’s going because he’s liked a picture of Stamford Bridge on Instagram and I’ve seen the other side convince themselves he’s staying because he’s liked a comment about Chelsea treating managers badly! Maybe I’m a miserable barstool but I just find the whole thing so ridiculous and entitled! We will know when we know but in the meantime let’s all just have a nice summer!

If they stay they stay, if they go they go, but none of them are stupid enough to leave a trail of hints that mean all our amateur Hercule Poirot’s will know before Mel Morris does.

Happy Birthday anyway! Hope you have a cracking evening ?

I think after a week or so of getting very little in terms of solid news, people are looking through scraps to try and find a shred of something to cling on to. I’ve done a bit of it too, but hopefully just to try and have a bit of fun with the whole situation because to me that’s all we can do until we get something a bit more concrete.

I have actually had a bit of a laugh on here the last couple of days and I think this thread has been better for it. No meltdowns, no real arguments, just a group of fans having a bit of fun. I’d rather do that than the ‘everybody panic because a tiny thing/nothing has happened. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Talksport are not worth listening to, nobody is doing any business of note, Prem included. They talk absolute twaddle (polite statement) Do they really think FL would do over Mel, after being offered his first ever management gig? Fu***its

It's clear what's holding up the announcement...Frank is on holiday.

Chelsea are in no hurry, they cannot buy anyone.

Sorry to those in denial but I think it's a done deal. With the ban and the media/fans frenzy, Chelski do not have much choice.

It's annoying because it's preventing us from recruiting a new manager (though presumably potential candidates are being sounded out) and new players.

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

Pretty Bamford’d off about this making us out like we’re holding things up because we want compensation for our back room staff. How dare we.

There is an epidemic in football called ‘London journalists’, a bunch of know it alls who think everything revolves around them. We got a taste of it a few years ago with the Chris Martin/Fulham saga and one of them said he’d refused to play (turned out he hadn’t), but this feels so much more worse.

Archived