Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

See it could be that. I accept that what they said on talksport could be true.

OR, it could be:

"Hey, the thing we made up in the timeline we set out hasn't happened. What do we do?"
"We make something else up to explain the delay, obviously."

We see that type of journalism all the time with transfer news, that turns out to not have even been a little bit true.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just worked out what's going on.

It's been a done deal for weeks, but Mel has asked Frank for one last favour - don't announce it for a while.

That way, this site gets millions of views and @David coins it in. Once @David has made a couple of hundred million he'll buy a 49% share of the club from Mel and the investment is sorted. Then the club can make the announcement and introduce @Boycie as the new manager.

Genius when you think about it.

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's clear what's holding up the announcement...Frank is on holiday.

Chelsea are in no hurry, they cannot buy anyone.

Sorry to those in denial but I think it's a done deal. With the ban and the media/fans frenzy, Chelski do not have much choice.

It's annoying because it's preventing us from recruiting a new manager (though presumably potential candidates are being sounded out) and new players.

You could, and very well may, be right, but everybody is guessing, so I don't think it's denial.....yet

Denial would be if he'd just had the press conference announcing he'd signed a 3-year deal and people were posting, 'I think I spotted Noel Edmonds with a 'Gotcha' behind him and this is one big prank.

If you are right and the hold up is because Frank is on holiday, then I'm disappointed he'd allow his beach time to stop Derby moving forward.

That bloke is obviously the Steve Nicholson equivalent of whatever the local Chelsea rag is.

If he is speaking the truth, I'd think a lot less of Lampard.

Players are back for pre season in 3 weeks give or take. We've signed one player. 

We need to sign 6-8 players at a minimum to have a realistic chance of top 6 again.

This needs resolving one way or another.

If by this time next week Lampard is Chelsea's new manager and we've got Chris Hughton. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like Chelsea are going to announce Petr Cech as their new Technical Director either today or tomorrow.

Now see, I think this is quite a significant factor and we haven't discussed it much.

He's going to be staking out his turf. The next head coach or manager is going to be trying to do the same. Youd think that the scope for power struggles and friction is quite great.

I would think that is a negative factor in Frank's decision process on balance - without having a clue about Chelsea's power structure. ?

13 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If you are right and the hold up is because Frank is on holiday, then I'm disappointed he'd allow his beach time to stop Derby moving forward.

It’s the 21st century boys & girls don’t tell me the fact he’s on holiday is the reason for the media blackout. I know plenty of executives who are expected to be in touch with the office even when they are on their holidays. No excuse my in my world. 

An alternative view here is that Derby are managing the media relations. 

They’ve probably already agreed a deal with Chelsea and until Lampard does too, Derby won’t trigger the initial press release regarding an approach from Chelsea until everything is done - and they have begun their search for a new manager.

This approach suits Lampard, who took his time to mull over the Derby job remember, and he’s also on holiday too.

For Chelsea, this only builds up the drama for when they appoint him.

If this is happening, expect:

- Sunday: articles saying Lampard will be appointed in next 24 hours

- Monday: Lampard allowed to ‘speak’ to Chelsea and appointed in the evening.

- Wednesday: his first press conference.

That’s pretty much standard PR routine for most managerial appointments.

More stunning journalism. Franks waiting for Chelsea and that’s why it’s taking time... what really?! Could never have worked that one out given THEY HAVENT APPROACHED US YET. And we want compensation that we’re entitled to for our backroom staff? Really? How rude of us. It’s all in Chelsea’s hands ffs time to make a ducking move 

59 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's clear what's holding up the announcement...Frank is on holiday.

Chelsea are in no hurry, they cannot buy anyone.

Sorry to those in denial but I think it's a done deal. With the ban and the media/fans frenzy, Chelski do not have much choice.

It's annoying because it's preventing us from recruiting a new manager (though presumably potential candidates are being sounded out) and new players.

Frank May very well go(I hope not), but it’s possible.

The issue I’m having is with your statements(to be clear, they aren’t just your statements, others have posted similar- I’m just linking to yours): 

1. Chelsea have no choice 

Of course they have a choice. Frankly, if they are smart business folk, the choice is not Frank. For all intents/purposes using the transfer ban to say Franks our guy is a very weak business position, and a poor route to head down. They lost Hazard- and are bringing in Pulisic. Pulisic is one of the best up and coming wingers/CF/10’s on the planet. Plus, Chelsea aren't hurting for talent along the whole squad. The next manager they bring in, better be able to navigate them to successes in PL/Champions league/FA cup  if not, they will be looking for a new manager. Why? Because those comps are worth millions. They will not let losses happen for a year or two while they bring through any young talent( like folks have suggested they would allow Frank to do)

why would they risk dragging a club legend through the toughest time of the clubs recent history?  Makes no sense. The good press of Lamps being back at Stamford will be gone as soon as he stumbles( stumbling means any poor performances- which all managers have). Again, why drag your legend through that muck? Let him return in a few years on his own terms- not because you(Chelsea) are at a low point. 

2. Anyone believing It’s not a done deal is in denial.

This makes no sense. Folks believing it’s a forgone conclusion are the ones trying to protect themselves from a potential breakup like school children do. It’s a weak position to take and it annoys me. I have no knowledge which way it’s going to go(mainly because there is zero information pointing to either outcome)- but am prepared to be just fine regardless. 

coyr

Sith Happens

Its a pity jesse lingard don't still play for us, at least it would give us something else to talk about 

Archived