Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Let's imagine this is the situation, as it could well be:

Lampard is Chelsea's top choice, but they're yet to make a decision as they're weighing up other, more experienced options as they're still concerned at his obvious lack of experience. Therefore they've made no formal approach to Derby County or Frank Lampard.

Derby have received no approach from Chelsea, but are aware of their interest. They want to keep Lampard at the club, but wouldn't stand in his way if Chelsea did make an approach.

Lampard is aware of Chelsea's interest, and would jump at the opportunity if offered, but has yet to hear anything concrete so is waiting for Chelsea to make a move, whether it's for him or someone else.

This is exactly what I think is happening

I think we need to lighten the mood, it's completely out of any of our hands....... we have no choice but to sit, and wait, keep refreshing the news feeds and forum for scraps of information.

Lets just agree that it's not ideal, it's frustrating and I'm sure we'd all rather be talking gonads about the signings we are bringing in.

I've gone beyond being wound up about it, I'm now just sitting here wondering how we are going to perform next season, what is the squad going to look like. How many of the young prospects are going to get a chance, are we going to be pulling any amazing loans or signings out of the hat etc etc. (Yes all dependant on the man in charge).

Frank after all is on holiday and it's his birthday, he's entitled to a break and some privacy with his family. I'm still of the opinion that he meant what he said in the after match interview from the play off final (blinkered I may be, but I still hold some faith in what people say).

Either way if he stays or goes, I'm sure we will have another roller coaster of a season emotions wise, it's the  'Derby Way'. UTR!

1 hour ago, Igorlegend11 said:

He was probably in THE building, so thought he'd talk about THE building and add a little bit about fixtures to his talk on THE building

Did anyone ever find out to which building he referred to?

Shithouse............anyway to answer your question, I've no idea what building he was on about. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which results in the club not receiving the £4m compensation?

Of course the money stops us being able to duck him off if he is messing , but don’t tell me lampard is holding off to get us 4 mill 

10 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

I think we need to lighten the mood, it's completely out of any of our hands....... we have no choice but to sit, and wait, keep refreshing the news feeds and forum for scraps of information.

Lets just agree that it's not ideal, it's frustrating and I'm sure we'd all rather be talking gonads about the signings we are bringing in.

I've gone beyond being wound up about it, I'm now just sitting here wondering how we are going to perform next season, what is the squad going to look like. How many of the young prospects are going to get a chance, are we going to be pulling any amazing loans or signings out of the hat etc etc. (Yes all dependant on the man in charge).

Frank after all is on holiday and it's his birthday, he's entitled to a break and some privacy with his family. I'm still of the opinion that he meant what he said in the after match interview from the play off final (blinkered I may be, but I still hold some faith in what people say).

Either way if he stays or goes, I'm sure we will have another roller coaster of a season emotions wise, it's the  'Derby Way'. UTR!

No he's not, he signed up to be the leader of this cult and he knew exactly what it entailed. We are his needy, needy disciples and we need to know that he loves us and only us.

Please Frank, satiate our undying thirst for reassurance, we are so devoted yet so insecure.

Crikey, started to lose perspective for a moment there...

3 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

No he's not, he signed up to be the leader of this cult and he knew exactly what is entailed. We are his needy, needy disciples and we need to know that he loves us and only us.

Please Frank, satiate our undying thirst for reassurance, we are so devoted yet so insecure.

Really? You think the lampard s ,beckhams and such like like don’t court and crave the adulation of these needy needy disciples, love them to fill their bank balances , hire massive pr teams and agents to feed them any old poo to keep them believing? 

By your post it’s clear that you ,like myself have plenty outside of football but there are plenty that for whom their football club is the bulk of their lives and do deserve a bit of integrity from those who make massive livings from it and perhaps don’t deserve patronising posts like the one above ,, just a thought

18 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

No he's not, he signed up to be the leader of this cult and he knew exactly what it entailed. We are his needy, needy disciples and we need to know that he loves us and only us.

monty python messiah GIF

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really? You think the lampard s ,beckhams and such like like don’t court and crave the adulation of these needy needy disciples, love them to fill their bank balances , hire massive pr teams and agents to feed them any old poo to keep them believing? 

By your post it’s clear that you ,like myself have plenty outside of football but there are plenty that for whom their football club is the bulk of their lives and do deserve a bit of integrity from those who make massive livings from it and perhaps don’t deserve patronising posts like the one above ,, just a thought

thursday face palm GIF

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Jody Morris has liked tweets today from Chelsea fan accounts wishing “soon to be manager” a happy birthday 

No, he hasnt. There’s only one he’s liked that’s in the least bit of that nature and it’s this.

92274B9A-9283-4796-9A37-55A31BF277B9.png

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

I was only joking mate, I'm sure everything will be okay in the end. ?

Archived