Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely bemused by the furore and panicking going on in this thread. There has been no official approach by Chelsea for Lampard and the media are embarrassingly tripping over each other's stories on the matter.

Lampard was and is always going to be "Chelsea's number one target for the vacant manager's role" in the press' eyes because it generates clicks.

I have seen nothing yet that has even remotely convinced me that Lampard is leaving for Chelsea. I'm not saying it won't happen; I'm saying nothing has actually happened yet that I won't take with a pinch of salt.

Everyone just needs to calm down and get their heads straight.

53 minutes ago, TomG said:

Sooner have Gary Monk than Hughton, Moore, Pulis, Karanka, Uncle Tom Cobley and all!

Only him and Moore without a promotion - not that I want the others 

29 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Just wish Frank would take the Clash off repeat play and make his mind up. We can't afford for this to go on for much longer.

What is playing - rock the casbah ?

If Abamowich starts ringing up our frank before asking DCFC for permission to speak to him.

cant We do him for tapping up.

(BTW Im well aware chelsea have done this for pretty much every manager they had in the last 10 years, doesnt make it right though)

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

If Abamowich starts ringing up our frank before asking DCFC for permission to speak to him.

cant We do him for tapping up.

(BTW Im well aware chelsea have done this for pretty much every manager they had in the last 10 years, doesnt make it right though)

Frank has everyone at Chelsea’s mobile number saved on his phone. They probably have a WhatsApp group.

26 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

He must know whether Chelsea want him or not. If they do then he should decide. If they don't then he needs to say that he is staying and end the speculation.

I understand that it's a huge decicion for him to make and he has much to concider, but this can't go on for much longer.

Until Chelsea are given permission to speak to him what does he have to consider? He'd look a right chump if he says "yes I'm going" when there's been no approach. I understand the whole situation has put our fans in limbo and it's frustrating. Is it Mels' fault - no! Is it Lampards' fault - no! Is it Chelsea's fault - until the Sarri situation was sorted (which appears to have been earlier today) then you have to say no again.

1 minute ago, Rambam said:

The only thing is why would family members like the Redknapps and mates like Drogba big him up so much, if there was no truth in the rumours?

In case he WAS approached?

No one is thinking Armageddon, we’ve had turnover of managers several times recently and done ok, who is to say this will be any different.

I will be delighted to eat my words when I say this but whoever thinks this isn’t happening because Chelsea haven’t made an official approach is incredibly naive!! You honestly think it works like that, you honestly think Chelsea haven’t spoken with Lampard? He’s a club legend they all have his number, they could ask him in to do something for a club anniversary or charity then drop in the questioning. Conversations will happen. Everyone wants a degree of certainty if possible before they make a definitive move. It happens in all walks of life. 

Several well renowned award winning journalists who are paid because they have good sources are going to look incredibly stupid if this doesn’t happen. 

He is going.

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

They obviously haven’t. Nobody knows this for sure. 

If Alan Nixon was reporting it I’d share your view. But Henry Winter, Neil Ashton, Martin Lipton, John Cross, Matt Law are all well known reputable journalists and all reporting this. Conversations have happened but I also think Mel is completely in the loop on the situation and the contract offer while planned is most likely to stop Chelsea dicking around.

To be when the media ask his family (redknaap) or his old team mates (Drogba etc) of course they are going to say "yeah he'd be brilliant & is totally ready" their not exactly going to say "nah mate he should stay at Derby" they are going to show backing & support for their mate. Never know they might be telling him the opposite in private (probably wont be) 

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

No one is thinking Armageddon, we’ve had turnover of managers several times recently and done ok, who is to say this will be any different.

I will be delighted to eat my words when I say this but whoever thinks this isn’t happening because Chelsea haven’t made an official approach is incredibly naive!! You honestly think it works like that, you honestly think Chelsea haven’t spoken with Lampard? He’s a club legend they all have his number, they could ask him in to do something for a club anniversary or charity then drop in the questioning. Conversations will happen. Everyone wants a degree of certainty if possible before they make a definitive move. It happens in all walks of life. 

Several well renowned award winning journalists who are paid because they have good sources are going to look incredibly stupid if this doesn’t happen. 

He is going.

You keep saying he is going. 

Can you show me where it says this please? 

Or are you just presuming?? 

The 'permission to speak to' thing is a red herring. 20 years ago it was a thing  but now everything is dealt with by agents. Chelsea's Chairman can't speak to Lampard about the job, but there's no way of stopping Chelsea's agent asking hypothetical questions to Frank's agent over lunch. Mel, Frank and Roman will all know exactly how interested Chelsea and Lampard really are and how much Lampard and Derby want. The official approach is the end of the process, not the beginning. 

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If Alan Nixon was reporting it I’d share your view. But Henry Winter, Neil Ashton, Martin Lipton, John Cross, Matt Law are all well known reputable journalists and all reporting this. Conversations have happened but I also think Mel is completely in the loop on the situation and the contract offer while planned is most likely to stop Chelsea dicking around.

All of those will look very stupid, along with a lot of Derby supporters if this doesn’t go through then. 

You are going by every word these people are saying but there’s nothing from either club yet so at the moment “he isn’t going”. 

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

All of those will look very stupid, along with a lot of Derby supporters if this doesn’t go through then. 

You are going by every word these people are saying but there’s nothing from either club yet so at the moment “he isn’t going”. 

As i said I will be delighted to look stupid in this. But top sports journalists would not put their name to this if it wasn’t happening.

i hope you’re right, but anyone thinking this isn’t happening is clutching at straws in hope 

Archived