Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

3 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Thanks for your input, not bitter at all ... don’t doubt for a minute he would have knocked back a lower premium league club. Just begging the question why make the statements concerning loyalty & appreciation etc etc if you gonna go at first opportunity. He hasn’t gone yet so much respect to him if he doesn’t, if he does then just sayin I think we’ve all been duped. Rome wasn’t build in a day, you think he’s ready for Chelsea??? Time will tell .... if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it. 

The point is not whether or not he’s ready for Chelsea, that’s their call and their risk. He wouldn’t be getting the job if hadn’t played 600+ games for them that’s for sure, he hasn’t done enough. If they stick with him long enough he will be good imo.

He hasn’t duped anyone, everyone knows his connection with Chelsea and he’s been open it’s his dream job. However I think he expected to be at Derby for a while before it happened. He certainly hasn’t courted it, Chelsea chased him. He will have some regret he didn’t stay longer but no way can he turn this opportunity down and no one could’ve expected him to.

Rowett duped us, this is different as Lampard had genuine intentions imo

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be the best thing to happen to us in a while. 

Mel: What are you thinking? 

Frank: I'm in 2 minds

Mel: What can I do to convince you to stay? 

Frank: I need a transfer budget to make us a top 2 team

Mel: Here's £15m and whatever you make from sales, go mad. 

Have to imagine if Frankie stays it will be on the proviso we really try and compete. A new boss won't be given a fraction of that.

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The point is not whether or not he’s ready for Chelsea, that’s their call and their risk. He wouldn’t be getting the job if hadn’t played 600+ games for them that’s for sure, he hasn’t done enough. If they stick with him long enough he will be good imo.

He hasn’t duped anyone, everyone knows his connection with Chelsea and he’s been open it’s his dream job. However I think he expected to be at Derby for a while before it happened. He certainly hasn’t courted it, Chelsea chased him. He will have some regret he didn’t stay longer but no way can he turn this opportunity down and no one could’ve expected him to.

Rowett duped us, this is different as Lampard had genuine intentions imo

Never said he courted it, all the media have touted it not Frank himself, that’s my point he has the opportunity to turn it down. If he was looking to build himself a career in management you telling me now is the right time to take the Chelsea job??  To repeat if he turns it down then much respect, if he takes it then he’s let his heart rule his head. 

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So I know Sarri's now left, but I'm struggling to find the information that's made Frank to Lamps even more likely than it was already? 

All I can see is Sky journos hammering it like they have been for weeks, strange if it's as certain as Sky think it is that they've left the market open on Sky Bet. 

I feel at this point we need an edit to the topic title: "Sky TV and Sky Bet are not affiliated." They sold them.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So I know Sarri's now left, but I'm struggling to find the information that's made Frank to Lamps even more likely than it was already? 

All I can see is Sky journos hammering it like they have been for weeks, strange if it's as certain as Sky think it is that they've left the market open on Sky Bet. 

For one hundred quid you’d only get 5 back if backing FL, it may as well be closed however they would lose money on people stupid enough to think he is not going and are still happy to throw their money away on the other options if they closed it completely.

Not sure what extra information you want other than confirmation which barring something extraordinarily will be soon I’m sure.

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Jokanovic gone to a club in Qatar...

So it was all about money then!

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I feel at this point we need an edit to the topic title: "Sky TV and Sky Bet are not affiliated." They sold them.

To each other by any chance? Maybe there’s a theme 

39 minutes ago, Gisby said:

So Frank leaves ... after all it was his dream job ... the job he coveted all along .... therefore his claims that loyalty was a big thing for him & respect for the opportunity DCFC gave him meant nothing ...... I bought into the FLDCFC gravy train ... I must have been wrong ... duped all the way down the line .... OR .... he listens to Chelsea .... thanks them for their interest but respectfully declines .... he’s at DCFC for the long haul .... looking to build a legacy ..... plenty of years ahead of him to build his reputation ..... which is it Frank???  ..... your call!!!!

You can't blame him at all. If he goes it's because he follows his heart. I believe he genuinely bought into us, but he bought into them for 12 years longer.

To be offered your dream job, with an absence of the usual pressure, and no guarantee it will ever come up again, no matter how much you want to stay and continue you will eventually decide the opportunity is just too good to pass up.

He can advance his management career by 10 years overnight if he moves. Even if it goes fairly mediocre he can be England manager within 5 years. 

1 minute ago, Rample said:

You can't blame him at all. If he goes it's because he follows his heart. I believe he genuinely bought into us, but he bought into them for 12 years longer.

To be offered your dream job, with an absence of the usual pressure, and no guarantee it will ever come up again, no matter how much you want to stay and continue you will eventually decide the opportunity is just too good to pass up.

He can advance his management career by 10 years overnight if he moves. Even if it goes fairly mediocre he can be England manager within 5 years. 

That's all true of course, but I think the underlying point is that it would be lovely if WE were someone's dream job, sometime!

9 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Ah thanks - Gambling isn't my area ? 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So then, as we stand, who thinks he is staying and who thinks he is going?

And to be fair, who doesn't care either way?

I think he is going, I was happy knowing Jokanovich could be his replacement, I'm now gutted again.

I still don't think he's going because I still don't think they're going to offer him the job ? 

I'll maintain that stance, perhaps even after he's appointed Chelsea boss if that does happen.

4 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

That's all true of course, but I think the underlying point is that it would be lovely if WE were someone's dream job, sometime!

We were someone's dream job, until Stoke came along at least

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Never said he courted it, all the media have touted it not Frank himself, that’s my point he has the opportunity to turn it down. If he was looking to build himself a career in management you telling me now is the right time to take the Chelsea job??  To repeat if he turns it down then much respect, if he takes it then he’s let his heart rule his head. 

We don't know if he's ready for the Chelsea job yet, and we won't know until he gets the job. I'm pretty sure the likes of Zidane never showed any signs of being a top manager before he actually got the job, in fact his record for Real Madrid B in the 2nd division is essentially the same as Lampard's (Same amount of wins in the same amount of games). Also, how do we know that the best option for building a managerial career would be staying here? What if we were 15th in december and Frank got the sack? He'd be in the BT Studio by Jan and never manage again.

When you have the opportunity to move from the Championship to the Champions League, I seriously doubt any manager would turn that down, and add to that the sentimental aspects of the situation, then it makes the move seem inevitable. It doesn't make the man any less honourable or make the words he said about respecting Derby and being thankful about the opportunity hollow. The Chelsea job has come up earlier than anyone expected, and I'm sure Lampard also didn't expect them to come in for him this early also, but I'm sure he is very confident in his abilities and, although this is an appointment full of sentimentality, for lampard, with the context surrounding the Chelsea job currently, this makes sense logically for him, too. He'll get more time than other managers because of the transfer ban, he'll have to bring the youth through and, unless he completely crashes, he'll get multiple seasons to implement his philosophy on the club where he's a legend

Archived