Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

51 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If he does stay with Derby, he will be out if they are not top 6 by christmas. Such is the crazy world of Championship football. And after that he'll really struggle to get his managerial career back on track.

Fixed it for thee x

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't think we'll be 15th, but as the likes of Sheff Wed, Reading etc have shown that it's completely possible to be challengers 1 year then off the pace next, and the Chances of Chelsea finishing anything less than 6th is so low, embargo or not. I think Frank meant what he said, but did anyone expect the Chelsea job to be available this summer? I don't think so. I don't think he intended to just 'use us', but of course the only reason he was here was to further his own career. It's the only reason anyone gets a job.

I think it's unfair to have a go (for want of a better phrase) at Lampard for this move. It's not out of any disrespect to Derby. It's Chelsea we're talking about here.

but did anyone expect the Chelsea job to be available this summer? .... the way Chelsea rotate managers was quite feasible managers job would be up for grabs sooner rather than later ... don’t tell me Frank wasn’t aware of this  .... I don’t think I’m ‘having a go’ .... check out my original post .... just asking Frank is he up for building a team here or, despite the rhetoric, just using us as a stepping stone. I’ve not said a bad word about him until now, just want him to finish what he's started. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wasnt The Mirror claiming the meeting had happened and that Chelsea were going to allow us to loan players as part of the deal??

I agree with your question. It's the question I ask of every story though and I find it makes me far more relaxed during the summer than some of the people we see stamping their feet

Where’s the fun in that?spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I still think he's staying.

I think they'll go with someone else 

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

This. Media are pushing it because they know how good it is for their revenue. 

I hope you’re both right, all this chopping and changing of managers is a bad thing. My main concern is the other main candidate for the Chelsea job, Allegri who would have been the choice that made sense, has said he’s taking a year out of football so won’t be going to Chelsea . 

Just now, McLovin said:

I hope you’re both right, all this chopping and changing of managers is a bad thing. My main concern is the other main candidate for the Chelsea job, Allegri who would have been the choice that made sense, has said he’s taking a year out of football so won’t be going to Chelsea . 

A year out of football? So he’s teaming up with Tony Pulis somewhere?

Lampard is on record as having said that he'd like to manage Chelsea. His current contract reportedly includes a £4M buy out clause (which is why I posted the now deleted Lampard compo post a few days ago). As such his move is reasonably clear cut; if he wants to go to Chelsea and gets the deal he wants, we get £4M and he's offski.

What hasn't been talked about (as far as I know)is Jody Morris. Depending on whether he has a buy out in his contract (2 years to go) it may be that Mel Morris could lever something else from Chelsea assuming that Lampard wants Jodi Morris to come with him that is.

interesting 

Sith Happens

How funny would it be when uefa remind Chelsea that they are under a transfer embargo, and that this extends to coaching staff aswell as players. 

Archived