Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Frank leaves ... after all it was his dream job ... the job he coveted all along .... therefore his claims that loyalty was a big thing for him & respect for the opportunity DCFC gave him meant nothing ...... I bought into the FLDCFC gravy train ... I must have been wrong ... duped all the way down the line .... OR .... he listens to Chelsea .... thanks them for their interest but respectfully declines .... he’s at DCFC for the long haul .... looking to build a legacy ..... plenty of years ahead of him to build his reputation ..... which is it Frank???  ..... your call!!!!

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agree about contracts meaning naff all but I don't recall Stoke (or any other club) being interested in Rowett when he signed a new contract in January so this situation with Lampard is somewhat different.

Stokies wanted him in the January and a few other prem clubs were interested too!  I remember because I made this thread in the January!

Funny reading back how Rowett wouldn’t abandon a project half way through 

7 minutes ago, Gisby said:

So Frank leaves ... after all it was his dream job ... the job he coveted all along .... therefore his claims that loyalty was a big thing for him & respect for the opportunity DCFC gave him meant nothing ...... I bought into the FLDCFC gravy train ... I must have been wrong ... duped all the way down the line .... OR .... he listens to Chelsea .... thanks them for their interest but respectfully declines .... he’s at DCFC for the long haul .... looking to build a legacy ..... plenty of years ahead of him to build his reputation ..... which is it Frank???  ..... your call!!!!

Chelski

9 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Very bitter and very wrong. He could easily have stayed we don’t have a good start and people call for his head! People on this board wanted him sacked in March!! 

Hes bought into everything about club, he’s been genuine in everything he’s done, he was always going to go to Chelsea but I don’t think anyone including him thought it would happen so quickly. If a lower prem club had come calling, I’m pretty sure he would’ve stayed. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very bitter and very wrong. He could easily have stayed we don’t have a good start and people call for his head! People on this board wanted him sacked in March!! 

Hes bought into everything about club, he’s been genuine in everything he’s done, he was always going to go to Chelsea but I don’t think anyone including him thought it would happen so quickly. If a lower prem club had come calling, I’m pretty sure he would’ve stayed. 

Last time I looked , he'd gone nowhere ? 

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Thanks for your input, not bitter at all ... don’t doubt for a minute he would have knocked back a lower premium league club. Just begging the question why make the statements concerning loyalty & appreciation etc etc if you gonna go at first opportunity. He hasn’t gone yet so much respect to him if he doesn’t, if he does then just sayin I think we’ve all been duped. Rome wasn’t build in a day, you think he’s ready for Chelsea??? Time will tell .... if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it. 

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m not arguing really but it would be like me trying to drive a Winnebago when I can only just manage my mini 

But find a confident new driver and ask them the same question - Frank is a RDWRER! ?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But find a confident new driver and ask them the same question - Frank is a RDWRER! ?

f74cda56a126886683cd011346a8da68.jpg

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t know what one of them is but I take your point. When I was younger I used to drive anything convinced I could do it perfectly 

So I know Sarri's now left, but I'm struggling to find the information that's made Frank to Lamps even more likely than it was already? 

All I can see is Sky journos hammering it like they have been for weeks, strange if it's as certain as Sky think it is that they've left the market open on Sky Bet. 

Archived