Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

If this is all building up to us getting £4m compo for Frank and then quickly appointing Jokanovic the there'll be no complaints from this root.

In fact, that could be Mel's finest piece of business to date.

If this is how it plays out then I would have no complaints. 

See off Frank and Jody with our best wishes, and onwards and upwards with a very capable manager

Why are some people disappointed that Sarri has finally left Chelsea? This is a good thing and allows our situation to be resolved one way or the other ASAP. The last thing we needed was Sarri still in the job but under pressure at the start of the new season.

30 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

It's in the other (next manager) thread - he was supoosedly to be taking over the Serbia national team but has told the Serbian media that he will not be taking over the national team but that instead he is close to becoming a manager at a club (did not mention which club though)

Ex Chelsea player maybe heading back to the Bridge ?

Sith Happens

It is understood Mel has today issued instructions to pride park staff detailing how to deal with any incoming calls from Chelsea.

file.php?id=19757&mode=view

15 minutes ago, David said:

ugh

It's not time for ugh just yet. Frank's off and it's the right move for him. It could be the only chance he ever gets to manage Chelsea - ever. 

We're all wondering what a Mount-less season will look like under Lampard and Frank's probably wondering the same thing. Mid table? Sacked? Suddenly he's in a position that his next job must be a mega success or he's back in the sky studio and his dreams of managing Chelsea are over. I can't understand all this talk about Frank rejecting the job because it's too soon or that he's honouring his contract - ridiculous comments.

But I'm saving my ugh until I've seen who Mel has up his sleeve. Spend the compo cash on Jokanovic? There will be no ugh.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

They don’t work Sunday’s ?

Or Mondays, Or tuesdays, Or Wednesdays Or......

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's not time for ugh just yet. Frank's off and it's the right move for him. It could be the only chance he ever gets to manage Chelsea - ever. 

We're all wondering what a Mount-less season will look like under Lampard and Frank's probably wondering the same thing. Mid table? Sacked? Suddenly he's in a position that his next job must be a mega success or he's back in the sky studio and his dreams of managing Chelsea are over. I can't understand all this talk about Frank rejecting the job because it's too soon or that he's honouring his contract - ridiculous comments.

But I'm saving my ugh until I've seen who Mel has up his sleeve. Spend the compo cash on Jokanovic? There will be no ugh.

No compo is needed to bring in Jokanovic as far as I am aware.

27 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I would just love this to turn out that Lampard either turns them down or Chelsea haven’t even approached him and have no plans to. 

I agree, if this happens then Kaveh Solhekol and the rest of the muppetts on SSN are going to look pretty stupid!

1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

No compo is needed to bring in Jokanovic as far as I am aware.

More to do with Jokanovic's wages. A few clubs in this league had approached him and been put off by them, but if we get a decent slice of cash if Lampard left then that might end up covering that cost.

Archived