Derby County v Stoke City

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game, I enjoyed it. 

Seems to me we're moving in the right direction just when it matters.

Stoke were lucky as ought to keep us from scoring tonight, while we probably won't come up against such an experienced and determined backilne again this season.

We're probably not quite good/experienced enough to make the final shakedown, but the future looks promising, as long  as Mel keeps his wallet open.

7 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

No it's not - we haven't lost a game and just played two of the best defences on current form. 

Yes it is. We’ve only won one and not taken advantage of teams around us slipping up to cement a playoff spot.

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

No, we've just gained two points on 5th place and back into the play-off spot

No, we’ve failed to go up to fourth and expand the gap on seventh to 5 points rather than 1 from a run of three home games against lower-to-mid table sides.

6 minutes ago, David said:

As I say, hope Giggs gives him a breather, played a lot of games recently, carrying our attaching threat, feet up on the bench ready to come back with Mount also returning.

Maybe a rest is what he needs but I wouldn't say 1 goal in 10 is carrying our attacking threat. He's been pants for a while now, it's not like it's come out of the blue and people are looking to lay the blame. World class direct free kick taker but everything else is a bit meh. His goal tally is really impressive and it's what people will look at first so can't argue with that. I just can't seem to warm to him, might be the diving that does it for me. 

No scapegoating just calling a cat a cat, sure he'll have a good career somewhere but we'll be a better team without him next year IMO. 

I really enjoyed the game and thought we played well. We pressed well, passed well and were a post and cross bar away from winning it. A very positive performance and I'm proud to be a Derby County supporter. We move on to fight again and we will.

Up The Rams.

And as for Charlie Adam, what a Charlie, he's so Graceless.

Stoke are really quite poo.

cant really say anyone had a bad game tonight. Should’ve beat them really, can’t be Arsed to go through them all but shout our to Bogle and Laurence who looked Knackered 2nd half. 

Hard to score against a team  spending the whole 2nd half in their half, but that’s what we’re gonna be up against. Personally would’ve kept waggy on with Marriott.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Maybe a rest is what he needs but I wouldn't say 1 goal in 10 is carrying our attacking threat. He's been pants for a while now, it's not like it's come out of the blue and people are looking to lay the blame. World class direct free kick taker but everything else is a bit meh. His goal tally is really impressive and it's what people will look at first so can't argue with that. I just can't seem to warm to him, might be the diving that does it for me. 

No scapegoating just calling a cat a cat, sure he'll have a good career somewhere but we'll be a better team without him next year IMO. 

liz lemon meow GIF

Funny how some draws are dire but others give you hope. This one was the latter. 

we were easily the better side and every player gave something positive. Not Scoring goals is becoming a big problem but if we p,at with some of the intent and skill we showed tonight it’ll come good but 50/50 for the play offs I reckon at the moment.

Bogle is back to his best, Lawrence was on fire, Tomori was ace. Let the ball run out for a goal kick so many times their front man gave up chasing in the end, he’d been out thought about 4 times ?

yeah, Wilson is still off it but he’s a young lad who’s played more first team league football in Derby in one season than his entire career. 

I got a bit narky with SRG a while back when he was having a dit at Malone .. I was right, Our Scott is a good player, always wanting the ball, always doing something with it. If anything we should have fed him more as he was always available and thinking, got a shot on him to.

But for Butland we’d be purring tonight. Great first save but his recovery and reaction for the second was exceptional. Apart from him, Stoke looked pretty crude and the ref didn’t exactly help us much. I think every home needs a Waghorn to help you get things of the top shelf. We were climbed on, barged, elbowed all night. Nothing outright nasty but pretty crude considering that they are a parachute team 

@Parsnip .. ok you were right.?. Sensible bloke 1 Happy Clapper 0 ....  Hope you get some points in the prediction league ?

Quite surprised at how utterly crap Stoke were.

i had to check on 73 minutes that Ince was still on the pitch. 

Should have won, but c'est la vie. The foul on mitchell-lad looked like a penalty to me, but the ref couldn't even get the wall back ten yards. 

When we run at teams we look a threat but the cutting edge just isn't there at the moment.

never mind. It was a decent game from us. 

Stoke. Nothing wrong that another £100m wouldn't fix. 

Yes, we can look back and think 5 points perhaps we hoped and needed more, but, the win over Wigan felt like a corner turned and we've played much better against wendies and stoke with a break to get some of the returning players back fitter.

We've come out of the slump with 9 to play, in the top 6 with mount back after the break, hopefully Marriott fitter, Lawrence fitter, huddz gets to have a snooze in his cryogenic regeneration chamber and it's all to look forward to over the next two months. We might fall short, but it's been an OK season, seems Lampard can manage (there was always the risk that he might just have not be able to) we've played some exciting young players, Bogle and Holmes as well as Bird and Mitchell-Lawson if we exclude the loans.

And next season most of the clement era signings will have gone.

2 weeks ago it all felt gloomy, now it feels less gloomy and we're also unbeaten in three after losing three on the bounce, creating chances even if we've mislaid the shooting boots.

happy fappy clappy for the international break.

Archived