Derby County v Stoke City

Bwash_Ram

First half was really good, loads of movement = some good chances. Holmes outstanding, defence was solid and really unlucky to go in not ahead by a goal or two. 

Second half was a bit pedestrian again. Didn't lay a glove on them but the performances are a certain step in the right direction, long may it continue. Screw the play offs. 

Deserved MOTM from Tomori but that just highlights where we're lacking. How does a CB get MOTM when you've had all the ball and all those shots?! Someone needs to step up and start scoring for us. 

Couple of niggles; obviously I jinxed BJ at half time, thought he lacked any sort of quality in the second half. Getting a bit pointless playing Wilson now too IMO, he ain't ours, let's blood some youth. Marriott offers nothing the way we play + when teams sit back, not his fault but the opposition must be relieved when he comes on. Need a big man. Someone who can win a header and mix things up. We're crossing balls to 5 ft attackers who are lost in-between the x4 6ft defenders, might as well not bother.

I think we'll smash Rotherham. We're a bit toothless at times but a good break with hopefully a healthy Mason Mount thrown in and we'll be ready to rock for the last few games. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our attack has been so poor this season apart from occasional inspired performances like vs West Brom,  we are crying out for someone like Rob Hulse or a Mitrovic type player, we haven't got a prayer of promotion becuase of our lack of cutting edge and ability to score off crosses.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

2 pts dropped and Villa 2 pts below us now too.?

Rather have the two points in the bag. We have a break now to get some players fit, we should be confident and yet this thread is full of negativity.

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Our attack has been so poor this season apart from occasional inspired performances like vs West Brom,  we are crying out for someone like Rob Hulse or a Mitrovic type player, we haven't got a prayer of promotion becuase of our lack of cutting edge and ability to score off crosses.

Not a prayer ? What odds you giving ?

16 minutes ago, Finch said:

Need more firepower. Martin scored for Hull 6 minutes after coming on.

Would have been a good game for Martin tonight. Well, the "old" Martin. We just don't win anything in the air up front; nobody to fall over and win free kicks; fancy little flick-ons and setups....

A lot of positives to take from that performance considering some of the insipid displays in recent weeks. We're definitely heading in the right direction and when you add in the returning Mount to bring out the best in HW then I think the play offs are a distinct possibility. Lighten up Negative Nigels. The Rams are going up. 

A very pleasing performance tonight. We're looking like a proper team again. Good pressing and moved the ball well. We just let ourselves down in the final third most of the game with careless passing. I'd like to see us get more players in the box when the ball is played wide for a cross as we often seem to only have one player to aim at. It's disappointing not to win but at least we made sure we got a point. 

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Villa missed Grealish whilst he was out, they are now creating many more chances.

We've missed Mount exactly the same and we should now have him back fresh as a daisy. He presses so quick and thats what creates chances. Imagine Holmes and Mount in the same team running at defenders. 

At least it wasn’t a boring 0-0! pretty decent match which was just missing the goals, Stoke have a good defence with an England goalie in the sticks, I feel though if we played it more on the floor in the final third rather than trying to beat a big stoke defence in the air it would of been a different outcome

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Thought Wilson did well, he helped us pass through the thirds, would be surprised if he gets any stick, but then TL did well so that’s one option down.

Poor is almost a compliment as we’ve seen much much better from him, passing and decision making a little off again tonight. Few moans and groans creeping into the match thread which is the only reason why I mentioned him, if it wasn’t for those I probably wouldn’t have.

Definitely doesn’t deserve to be scapegoated in anyway, I know what this place can be like though at the best of times, we have 2 weeks now and someone’s going to get it, just hope it’s not Wilson. Lawrence and Holmes much better on the night so by process of elimination it’s either Wilson or the calls to bring back Chris Martin, Waghorn wasn’t a snip at £5m will be renewed.

As I say, hope Giggs gives him a breather, played a lot of games recently, carrying our attaching threat, feet up on the bench ready to come back with Mount also returning.

No cutting edge at all in front of goal. Best player on the pitch Lawrence by a country mile and he’s not played for weeks. So either the others aren’t up to it or they have run out of steam?

Stoke were awful, just shows you spend a poo load doesn’t get you nowhere. 

Archived