Derby County v Stoke City

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT.

Imagine having nothing to play for, and still playing for a draw. What utter dross Stoke are. Without Butland they'd be leaking goals. Without Ince they'd be unable to anything in the opposition half.

Really good performance from Derby. Hugely unlucky. Frustrating. 

Think that was the most frustrating game of football I’ve seen since the playoff final. Absolutely battered them. 5-0 wouldn’t have been unfair. Football gods against us tonight sadly

Should be three points that against a side like them, two points dropped that could come back to haunt us. They were poo, if only we just had the little bit more quality. Just don’t score enough goals to go up sadly I fear. Soooooo much better overall tonight mind.

So frustrating. I absolute detest Stoke - coming for a draw to start with and then adding another defender at this stage of the season is borderline ridiculous. 

We played really well. I think our commentators undersold our performance a little. Hit the woodwork twice and drew a couple of worldie saves from the best keeper in the division.

Lawrence looked good on his return, Holmes excellent and positive, Bogle improving with every game and looks like our long term solution at right back.

Waghorn held the ball up well but didn't look like scoring. Marriott came on and barely touched the ball - really gone off the boil since his injury. I'm sure the international break will do him and the rest of the squad the world of good.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Got no issue with that all. Worked hard, played some good football and created chances against a solid defensive unit. Just wasn’t our day.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. ?  Up early tomorrow so that’s it for me, night all. 

Archived