DCFC Fans Night Mode (Beta)

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Great update ? the ads are now twice as annoying though, bright white ads on a black background, anyone got any suggestions? On android phone 

They "should" be image only ads so any colours would be set by the company that has uploaded the ad. I will assign a new set of ads with a fallback colour of dark blue though. It's going to take an hour or so to come into effect though.

I wanted this on my website, dark background, white text. But a very clever and successful designer told me "don't mess with black text on white background! People don't like change!" He very cleverly pointed out that Facebook, Insta, Twitter, everyone sticks with black text on white background. 

I like it though.

22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I wanted this on my website, dark background, white text. But a very clever and successful designer told me "don't mess with black text on white background! People don't like change!" He very cleverly pointed out that Facebook, Insta, Twitter, everyone sticks with black text on white background. 

I like it though.

The clever and successful designer just couldn’t be arsed to do work, that’s why he is what he is.

FFS who left that there? and who switched the flipping lights off.......owwww me toe!!!!, I've just stubbed my poxy toe! for goodner sake!

Yeah yeah yeah......but can it get rid of age spots?.......Ohhh yes it does......it looks like it gets rid of everything!

@Owd miner will feel so at work, it's like doing a shift down the shaft.......I can hear the dripping water and can hear a flicker of a candle and the clip clop of a donkey pulling a cart of coal.......no not Ashley!

Was kind of hoping we’d have the swear filter turned off after dark or something when I clicked the topic. Like an internet watershed thing.

Guess I’ll just need to be ducking happy with a dark background though. Nice work!

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I like it though.

The clever and successful designer is full of poo. 

Screenshot_20190309-072102.jpg

(that's twitter) 

9 hours ago, David said:

It's not for everyone, the white and black will always be the default colour scheme, this is just an alternative easier on the eyes at night option. 

Oh, I fully appreciate that, and the reasoning for it.  And I'm not surprised to see a good number of positive responses.  I'm certainly not dissing it, and I'll definitely give it a fair run. 

My screen does automatically go to night mode at 8pm ("dimmed lighting" sort of thing") and even that takes me a few minutes to get used to that each evening. 

Your time and effort is certainly appreciated here, and I'm a big fan of "options", so whether I personally get used to it or not, it'll still get a thumbs up from me.   

49 minutes ago, rynny said:

The clever and successful designer is full of poo

Oh yeah! Tbf he might not have said twitter. Anyway I don't use him as my total website budget is already blown by the £25 a month squarespace bill.

Archived