O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midfield three tomorrow King, Huddlestone, and Johnson.....King has to start no point of him being here otherwise and he is a quality midfielder at this level.

Holmes goes to the bench been poor in the last few games so Waghorn Marriott and Wilson the front three.

I say we absolutely go full pelt for this. I want to see that ridiculously high pressing football come back. I want the liquid football of West Brom and Middlesbrough. None of this rubbish about it being a derby and therefore we have to play in a cagey manner. No! We need to shock them, rattle their cages. After watching Millwall at home they'll know exactly how to nullify us. We need to surprise them, really come out of the blocks firing and put them on the back foot. 

Nerves starting to kick in now, beers in, can not wait, always have to believe we will win, hate Forest, hope we are all smiling after the game, can not bear to lose this one, all my 6 fingered Forest I know, will not let me forget it if we lose, so come on Derby, do the business and put them Red Dogs back in there cages. 

On 22/02/2019 at 18:05, Doodle said:

Where is everyone planning on pre match drinks. Think l may need plenty b4 this one. 

Were going in the Notts County bar.Think it’s called the Broken wheelbarrow bar now.

Think the rowing club been mentioned previously but not been there, no real dedicated away fan pub either near ground or train station.Big big game so sing out loud and lets win the battle of the fans which hopefully will inspire the Rams players to a nice victory.Looking forward to it no matter how we play and what team we put out.Keep the faith

I think we should put the emphasis on Forest and set up for the counter. They're unbeaten in three despite not having 40% possession in either game. They're also not good with their quality once they get the ball, inadvertently giving the opposition the majority of possession - their pass completion against Brentford was 55% which is extraordinarily low. 

They're going to set up with some form of 2x defensive mids and 3x attacking mids, although Colback is the only one capable of finding a red shirt consistently. The rest, based on the numbers, are hit and hope merchants at the very best. I would say that we need to set traps for them, because of their lack of quality on the ball we should be able to spring counter attacks in good numbers. They've shown an aptitude for being the team without the ball, so I don't think that going there and playing it in between midfield and defence like the Ipswich and Millwall game is going to provide a different result. 

Stick a man on Colback, whether it be Holmes or Bryson, to take his passing ability out of the game. Let the others try and force the issue, with traps for poor passes and we'll put ourselves in the ascendency.  

8 hours ago, toddy said:

Its a game we cannot afford to lose as BC are at home to blues on Tuesday- we dont want to be 5pts behind BC as we are going to Villa on Saturday.

We can afford to lose but I agree we don't want to be 5 points behind. It's a lot to make up but, there are mathematically enough games. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think we should put the emphasis on Forest and set up for the counter. They're unbeaten in three despite not having 40% possession in either game. They're also not good with their quality once they get the ball, inadvertently giving the opposition the majority of possession - their pass completion against Brentford was 55% which is extraordinarily low. 

They're going to set up with some form of 2x defensive mids and 3x attacking mids, although Colback is the only one capable of finding a red shirt consistently. The rest, based on the numbers, are hit and hope merchants at the very best. I would say that we need to set traps for them, because of their lack of quality on the ball we should be able to spring counter attacks in good numbers. They've shown an aptitude for being the team without the ball, so I don't think that going there and playing it in between midfield and defence like the Ipswich and Millwall game is going to provide a different result. 

Stick a man on Colback, whether it be Holmes or Bryson, to take his passing ability out of the game. Let the others try and force the issue, with traps for poor passes and we'll put ourselves in the ascendency.  

Always liked the idea of play our own game that’s been drilled into them and let the opposition worry about us, we’re 5th in the table for average possession all season, you can’t ask the players to give that up.

What we do need to do though which we haven’t recently is move the ball quicker, up the tempo.

Move the ball side to side at the pace of a chess game we’re asking for trouble.

14 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Midfield three tomorrow King, Huddlestone, and Johnson.....King has to start no point of him being here otherwise and he is a quality midfielder at this level.

Holmes goes to the bench been poor in the last few games so Waghorn Marriott and Wilson the front three.

Did you see King and Johnson together at Ipswich? No thanks

24 minutes ago, David said:

Always liked the idea of play our own game that’s been drilled into them and let the opposition worry about us, we’re 5th in the table for average possession all season, you can’t ask the players to give that up.

What we do need to do though which we haven’t recently is move the ball quicker, up the tempo.

Move the ball side to side at the pace of a chess game we’re asking for trouble.

Having and keeping the ball is fine if we are 2-3 goals in front but not much use if we don’t move it forward with movement and conviction 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Having and keeping the ball is fine if we are 2-3 goals in front but not much use if we don’t move it forward with movement and conviction 

Of course. Which is why I said needing to move the ball quicker and up the tempo, not sideways passing.

Twitter is a gloomy place this morning, fans claiming not to be bothered, we’re going to get hammered, season over. 

Feels like getting the told you so’s in early to retweet later, proudly showing off their correct predictions.

Let’s not be like Twitter.

This is one of the games you first look for when the fixtures are announced, for both sets of fans, this one means more regardless of how the season has gone and anyone that says otherwise can go suck a thumb.

It’s not just a rivalry game either, win this tonight and we’re in the top 6, putting another nail in their slimmer than Kenny Burns play off dreams. 

What happened at Ipswich and v Millwall has happened, can’t change that, but this is the game that can kick start the final push.

This day can’t go fast enough, can’t wait for tonight.

1 minute ago, David said:

Twitter is a gloomy place this morning, fans claiming not to be bothered, we’re going to get hammered, season over. 

Feels like getting the told you so’s in early to retweet later, proudly showing off their correct predictions.

This is one of the games you first look for when the fixtures are announced, for both sets of fans, this one means more regardless of how the season has gone and anyone that says otherwise can go suck a thumb.

It’s not just a rivalry game either, win this tonight and we’re in the top 6, putting another nail in their slimmer than Kenny Burns play off dreams. 

What happened at Ipswich and v Millwall has happened, can’t change that, but this is the game that can kick start the final push.

It does mean more, that's why there's anxiety and why it hurts so much when the inevitability sets in.

Doing everything I can do avoid watching it, but i'm not sure i'll be able to. I've managed to the last 4 or 5 years. Much easier pretending it doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, David said:

I must admit a game on a Monday evening holds little anticipation or excitement regardless of the opponent- would be nice to win obviously but the weekend is over bizarrely I am looking forward the Saturday and Villa away more and I have a ticket for both and in fact I gave my forest ticket away on Saturday to a mate as it’s too difficult on a Monday evening to attend.

Just now, Srg said:

It does mean more, that's why there's anxiety and why it hurts so much when the inevitability sets in.

Doing everything I can do avoid watching it, but i'm not sure i'll be able to. I've managed to the last 4 or 5 years. Much easier pretending it doesn't happen.

That I can understand. I will be pulling the sofa forward and creating a safe place to watch.

It’s those that are saying they are not bothered when you know for a fact they will be bouncing off the walls the second the ball flies in the net from Wilson’s left peg 30 yards out.

Those tweets will be humorously laughed off as everyone enjoys the victory and winding up the Forest fans as we waltz back into the top 6.

Or 

They are quoted with I told you so, maintaining a lack of botheredness as they grab the toaster to jump in the bath with.

Archived