O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I am beginning to wonder if the fact that all our midfield is either out of contract or going back to there parent club in a couple of months is perhaps telling in performance.  I wouldn't fancy picking up a broken leg or tearing something on a 30 yard sprint if my wage stopped in June and I was injured .  Just a thought

It can't help. 

It could be "slow deff" before another spell  of colonic cleansing.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I am beginning to wonder if the fact that all our midfield is either out of contract or going back to there parent club in a couple of months is perhaps telling in performance.  I wouldn't fancy picking up a broken leg or tearing something on a 30 yard sprint if my wage stopped in June and I was injured .  Just a thought

Double edged sword though is it not? You could argue they should be busting a gut to earn a contract elsewhere/impress their owners.

Playing like a fool when you are on the lookout for a new employer isn't a smart move unless they want to be spending a lot of time in the garden come August.

34 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does anyone else have a feeling that Mount will play and Lampard is trying to pull a fast one like Bielsa did before we played Leeds? 

He trained from Monday and has been doing work by himself before that. Without any set back noted by Lampard I don’t see why he wouldn’t at least be on the bench 

I thought this too. Praying it's the case, think he'll be a real boost for this game

A must win game for us with this weekends results currently only giving us the 6th spot to grab. I feel the only hope is get more points than Bristol City before we play them in our last away game that we would be beyond them catching us. A good time to play the Trees with us having had 4 poor games and are due a big performance, Also with their new manager still looking for his best team, we need to get a good start, early goal and follow that up with another 1 or 2 in the first half. That would have Kenny Burns choking on his half time pie.

54 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Play as we did against Millwall and. We will be soundly beaten. Why are we expecting players who were not given a new Contract to get us promoted?

Let's not kid ourselves as the loanees would return to their clubs and most of the rest would be replaced anyway to keep us in the Premiership.

It's been the same scenario for many seasons with Keogh leading the sort of charge and the majority of the squad quite happy on a nice little earner to enjoy their winning most of the games in the championship ways without blowing their chances of another perfect contract at a club in the middle of England with all it's benefits in a competitive league.

Back to 433 for me for this one . What we know. What we've been most comfortable with this year. On the basis that Mount and Lawrence won't be fit for this . I'd go 

Roos

Bogle.         Keogh.         Tomori.        Cole 

Huddlestone

King.                    Johnson

Waghorn.          Marriott.              Holmes 

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

A must win game for us with this weekends results currently only giving us the 6th spot to grab. I feel the only hope is get more points than Bristol City before we play them in our last away game that we would be beyond them catching us. A good time to play the Trees with us having had 4 poor games and are due a big performance, Also with their new manager still looking for his best team, we need to get a good start, early goal and follow that up with another 1 or 2 in the first half. That would have Kenny Burns choking on his half time pie.

Our last away game is Swansea?

49 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

How is this the case? I mean, when do players whose contracts expire know for sure that they aren't going to get another one?

Pretty sure Frank's towed the "no decision yet" line, along with the no doubt promotion bonuses and even if no new contract is likely to be offered, tge profile of being promoted would no doubt help finding another club. The ones likely to off have nothing to gain by throwing in CBA performances and the maybes need to give their all.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pretty sure Frank's towed the "no decision yet" line, along with the no doubt promotion bonuses and even if no new contract is likely to be offered, tge profile of being promoted would no doubt help finding another club. The ones likely to off have nothing to gain by throwing in CBA performances and the maybes need to give their all.

That would seem logical. Put another way, it would seem very dense management to create the conditions for a  CBA performance and then still pick the player.

45 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

This band are from Nottingham. In the game we need to be "strong", especially in the middle, sing loudly and play some sexy football up front.

Yeah, but this band are also from Nottingham. I think the lyrics are "we all love forest and Fawaz is our leader tonight we'll raid the bins by ASDA and feast on rancid bacon "

On 21/02/2019 at 14:28, Warren Hobhead said:

Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole; Sibley, Bird, Johnson; Holmes, Marriott, Wilson.

The only big problem area is midfield. I’ve seen nothing all season in Bryson or Huddlestone to suggest they deserve their places. I don’t rate Evans based on limited viewing. I can’t believe we moved out Thorne and Butters to bring in a shot Andy King. And with Mount unavailable we are struggling for options. 

Therefore, give a couple of kids a chance. Sibley is going to be some player so give him his chance. Bird is no worse than the highly paid failures we picked in there last night. 

I'm getting mixed signals here, can you confirm if you like Bryson and Huddlestone or not?

Also, do you think it was a good idea letting Butterfield and Thorne go out on loan?

Archived