O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/02/2019 at 00:28, RebelScum said:

Shakespearean? Churchill-like?

On 21/02/2019 at 01:35, Carl Sagan said:

Or perhaps inspired by President Thomas Whitmore's classic call to arms in Independence Day

Oh yeah it's an excellent match day thread. A real triumph.

Unless of course you want any information about the actual game. When is it? What time?  Where is it? 

I'll just walk up and down the A52 for a few days shall I? See what happens?

Dammit Carl!

I've got a feeling Mason Mount will play on Monday night - would be a huge boost for us too. If he was close to contention on Wednesday, he's got to be nearly ready on Monday?

Frank coming out saying that Mason is fit and ready to play would change how Forest set up against us surely so is he playing this down? it really throws a spanner in the works if he names him in the starting line up.

I don't know if this is optimistic thinking but you know when you just have a feeling? 

30 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Where is everyone planning on pre match drinks. Think l may need plenty b4 this one. 

Same place as the players, get them stuck into the beer, then stuck into their lot, a right proper knees up! 

And we can all repeat the process for post match drinks with a right proper celebratory sing song!

Let's do em together!

"She likes the white & black ones
He likes the the posh one
Red ones are usually stray

Here we come this is our destiny calling
Forest freaks
This is our destiny calling
Unique
This is our destiny calling now........."

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I've got a feeling Mason Mount will play on Monday night - would be a huge boost for us too. If he was close to contention on Wednesday, he's got to be nearly ready on Monday?

Frank coming out saying that Mason is fit and ready to play would change how Forest set up against us surely so is he playing this down? it really throws a spanner in the works if he names him in the starting line up.

I don't know if this is optimistic thinking but you know when you just have a feeling? 

"We wont have Mason Mount, or probably Tom Lawrence, though that remains to be seen" - Frank Lampard

Might just be trying to throw Forests plans off, but i dont think Mount will be playing. Carson will probably be fit to play again though apparently.

So rubbish having to wait all weekend for a monday night game

If sky are going to move it for TV coverage then at least move it to a Friday when we can all have a few too many beers & enjoy it. Moving it when we have work the next day ruins it. Although to be fair its probably why its a monday than a friday 

17 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If sky are going to move it for TV coverage then at least move it to a Friday when we can all have a few too many beers & enjoy it. Moving it when we have work the next day ruins it. Although to be fair its probably why its a monday than a friday 

No we were rubbish in our last Friday game and last Saturday game and last Wednesday game.

Got to be worth trying a Monday game?..........Anyway how did we get on in our last Monday game?

We need a winning performance, check out Bez doing a Craig Bryson impression!

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

At least I can enjoy (hopefully) the rugby and not have the weekend spoilt by the football. 

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Day before my birthday as well, gonna be drowning my sorrows at the start of my 19th, not the best way to begin things

I am beginning to wonder if the fact that all our midfield is either out of contract or going back to there parent club in a couple of months is perhaps telling in performance.  I wouldn't fancy picking up a broken leg or tearing something on a 30 yard sprint if my wage stopped in June and I was injured .  Just a thought

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I am beginning to wonder if the fact that all our midfield is either out of contract or going back to there parent club in a couple of months is perhaps telling in performance.  I wouldn't fancy picking up a broken leg or tearing something on a 30 yard sprint if my wage stopped in June and I was injured .  Just a thought

Surely the management at the club would be doing the decent, chicanerous and duplicitous thing by dangling prospects of shiny new contracts...(whether or not there was any real intent)??

Archived